2013/14 NCAA Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone watch the New Years Day games anymore if your team is not playing ?

With the Major bowl games getting spread out over the week not many major bowls are on NYD any more.
The Rose Bowl is on at 5 pm with Mighigan State and Stanford, that should be a sloberknocker ...
But thats the only NYD game I'm really interested in.

How about you guys ?

And Texas. Southern Texas that is ... San Antonio Bowl or Brownsville Bowl !

Brownsville probably.
San Antonio not so much.
Talked to someone that moved there this fall. Pretty cold there too.
Alamo bowl was indoors. 72 degrees.

They will be taking New Years Day back next year with the new "Playoff". The Orange, Chickfila, and Fiesta Bowls on New Years Eve and the Rose (Semifinal), Sugar (Semifinal) and Cotton Bowls on New Years Day and the title game 2 weeks later.

I just wish more of the games got off espn. I hate this having them one after another on a single channel. I cant change to a different game when 1 gets out of hand and I lose interest. I will flip around on the games tomorrow. Nebraska/Georgia, Wisconsin/South Carolina and LSU/Iowa could be interesting.

edit: actually looks like title game is 2 weeks later instead of 1

Last edited:
I will certainly watch games tomorrow. Though not nearly as interesting as 15-20 years ago.

Off topic.

I still don't know how fans will be able to afford back to back trips next year with the playoff games. Semis and finals on neutral site. I really wish the semis would be on campus.

Looks like the Houston Texans will pry Bill O Brian way from Penn State ....

Mr. O Brian, you did a fabulous job with the Penn State situation... :)

The Penn St. situation hasn't hit yet.
Usually 2-3 years after probation when it hits.
He got out at the perfect time!

Well, the espn /Manzell LOVEFEST is in full force ....
I HATE it when announcers openly root and go gaga over the simpliest plays.

Dukes trading FG's for TD's and will probably lose this one because of that in the 2nd half.
Don't underestimate how awful the Aggie D is. They haven't let me down all year. :D And that sandlot crap Manziel does now, I don't see happening in the pros.

Don't underestimate how awful the Aggie D is. They haven't let me down all year. :D And that sandlot crap Manziel does now, I don't see happening in the pros.

Well Duke just punched in a TD, back up by 10 with 6 something to go.

Now A& M has scored again, back to a 3 point game, another big Duke drive coming up ... they can't stop A&M in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

After watching Manzell tonight, his mechanics are TERRIBLE, throws off his back foot plenty of times ....
He'll struggle greatly in the Pros seeing he'll probably go with a low tier team ... (Browns, Jags).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)