2013/14 NCAA Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord, even the 5th place team gets the Whole conference taking credit for it .... never understand that thinking.

Well it was sarcasm.

And even being sarcasm it was the 5th place team over the 2nd place team of another bcs conference. Or third if you want to argue the placement.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All I gotta say is 47-7 and the 7 was with the second string D in.

If you still think the barners have a chance, keep dreaming. I personally do not care what the conference does, I care what my team does.

I understand. That's all you've got or had for many years. I'd feel the same in your situation most likely

The ACC has been weak in football for awhile, but if you look back into the 80's and 90's, the SEC wasnt up there. Root the team. I pull for ACC and SEC, I am no way a fan of the Big 10, Pac 12 or Big 12.

Everyone ragged on Duke all year, and while FSu stomped em I saw their players drop some hits and I kinda wondered if there wasnt more there. The game tonight showed it. A&M vs Auburn, A&M vs Bama, same damn result. Duke really isnt only a Bbal school anymore. Itll take time to prove it, but they are expanding their stadium and taking it seriously. I think its cool.

Its boring for the same teams to be on top all time, at least IMO. I do not think Duke's OC will save Muschamps job next year though.

Anyways, enough about conference penis size, who you guys taking in the upcoming games? Here are the teams Im rooting for:

UGA
USC
LSU
Stanford
UCF

Alabama

Ok State
Clemson (sorry Jimbo, but I think OSU wins)

Well Duke just punched in a TD, back up by 10 with 6 something to go.

Now A& M has scored again, back to a 3 point game, another big Duke drive coming up ... they can't stop A&M in the 2nd half.

The officiating in the game was terrible, at best. Guess there are no pass interference calls to be made when A&M was the guilty party, but if the Dukies did anything close to it, they were called? Was a good game, just hated the adoration of Johnny Feetsball that the ESPN "trickeration" announcers kept dishing out. The Duke QB was the better of the 2, IMO.

Does anyone watch the New Years Day games anymore if your team is not playing ?

With the Major bowl games getting spread out over the week not many major bowls are on NYD any more.
The Rose Bowl is on at 5 pm with Mighigan State and Stanford, that should be a sloberknocker ...
But thats the only NYD game I'm really interested in.

How about you guys ?

Not really me either. NYD used to be game after game and needing 2-3 tvs going. But now you are lucky to find 1 or 2 games and you dont need more than one TV because well ESPN makes sure to space them out.

I am looking forward to UCF vs Baylor though. Living in central florida I certainly will throw my support behind the home town team even though I am a Gator through and through. UCF has never really been a rival to us.

Does anyone watch the New Years Day games anymore if your team is not playing ?

With the Major bowl games getting spread out over the week not many major bowls are on NYD any more.
The Rose Bowl is on at 5 pm with Mighigan State and Stanford, that should be a sloberknocker ...
But thats the only NYD game I'm really interested in.

How about you guys ?

I still will as several conference teams are playing today, but I get your point. It isn't what it used to be for sure.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sec has three games today and could very well be 6 - 0 after today.
Or 5-1, or 4-2, or 3-3. With the up and down seasons they've had, you have to play the games to be sure about the 3 SEC teams playing today. LSU starting QB is out, Georgia's is out as well, and Carolina's is unpredictable as always.

Last edited:
Ga, is the only concern I have. Both lsu and scar far out class the other team on defense. Ga, has no defense and with their qb out well not sure how there offense can hang

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)