2013 AL Central

Tigers have been No Hit thru 9 innings ... no score bottom of the ninth.

For the Record, Henderson Alverez is the Marlin pitcher with the No No today.

Btw, looks like if the Tigers get to the 10th, Alverez is going back for the 10th !

Bs. This is why I hate Leyland. Your offense is already struggling. So sit them for a week. Btw no excuse for not getting a hit today there are capable hitters in that lineup. Pathetic. This is why I was complaining two weeks ago. Now we go to Oakland for two games. Smart managing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Capable hitters in the line up ?
Not many.

They go limping into the playoffs, I know they rested players but no excuse

Remember, the Tigers have "Rested" players all year long ... this way they are fresh thruout the year and into the playoffs.

Did anyone See the Tigers today and what did you think of Verlander, I know I posted his stats, but didn't see the game when he was in it, just wondered if he's close to the OLD Verlander yet, his last few outings have been better.

also the last person to get a no hitter with his team winning in the bottom of the 9th was (I love this name) VIRGIL TRUCKS
It was quite a well pitched game on both sides.

I think Alverez would have been back out in the 19th inning as well ... you don't see that very often. I think he ended up throwing under 100 pitches.

Scherzer to start Game 1 @ Oakland, while Cleveland starts Salazar tomorrow against Tampa.

I listed Tigers rotation in the MLB Post Season thread.

Leyland has decided on Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez and Fister in that order.
I could have seen if they would have used Verlander as the third pitcher as well but with him pitching better of late, they will probably be fine.

I'm just a little concerned about two things: 1) Miggy's health...he's still going to be something less than 100% and, based on the past couple months, is prone to re-injury and 2) Tigers went into auto-pilot mode the last week of the season and will have to put on their baseball thinking caps. Regardless, I think they'll come out swinging and take it to the As.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts