2013 AL Central

While the Tigers have high hopes for the season will the Tigers drive us Tiger fans crazy with there regular season play

While the Tigers have high hopes for the season will the Tigers drive us Tiger fans crazy with there regular season play

Probably ...

Hopefully they play much more consistent than last year.

I would like to see Leyland go with a set lineup and not change out people every other day, I think that hurts them overall.

Sparky Anderson never had to change lineups...

Will the Tigers Trade Rick Porcello and to whom?

I hope they KEEP him, put him or Smyly in the pen till needed.

However, I heard again today, more talk about Porcello to the D Backs and they would get the SS that the D Backs just got from the Braves in the Upton deal, he was suppose to be the Braves top prospect for SS's.
That said, I don't know ANYTHING about him.

Well, shedding themselves of Jose Valverde (aka Senior Toke or El Twinkay) should settles some of our nerves. Conversely, having an unproven commodity handle the closing responsibilities may present its own challenges. Regardless, it's World Series or Bust!!!

Will the Tigers Trade Rick Porcello and to whom?

I hope they KEEP him, put him or Smyly in the pen till needed.

However, I heard again today, more talk about Porcello to the D Backs and they would get the SS that the D Backs just got from the Braves in the Upton deal, he was suppose to be the Braves top prospect for SS's.
That said, I don't know ANYTHING about him.

Not me. We need to trade him and give his slot in the rotation to another young up-and-coming talent. After four years I don't think he's going to improve beyond his current capability. He is what he is.

Oh, I noticed Papa Grande Canyon has not been signed by anyone. Please tell me he's not going to be wearing Ye Ole English D this spring?

Well, shedding themselves of Jose Valverde (aka Senior Toke or El Twinkay) should settles some of our nerves. Conversely, having an unproven commodity handle the closing responsibilities may present its own challenges. Regardless, it's World Series or Bust!!!

I'm gonna give Rondon ample amount of time to prove himself one way or the other this year.

I don't know what he throws, other than Smoke ....

I heard someone mention that he reminds the team or Joel Zumaya, hopefully with better health.

Not me. We need to trade him and give his slot in the rotation to another young up-and-coming talent. After four years I don't think he's going to improve beyond his current capability. He is what he is.

Oh, I noticed Papa Grande Canyon has not been signed by anyone. Please tell me he's not going to be wearing Ye Ole English D this spring?

I can see Porcello doing very well in the NL, but I would rather have him for during the season when one of the Starters go down or are unproductive.

I'm gonna give Rondon ample amount of time to prove himself one way or the other this year.

I don't know what he throws, other than Smoke ....

I heard someone mention that he reminds the team or Joel Zumaya, hopefully with better health.

Hope so, everyone knows Dave Dembrowski loves his hard throwers, with that though there will be some nights he gets lit up like a Christmas tree as the the great "Crash Davis" said you need a curve ball in the show :)

Okay, so what's happened to Valverde? Did anyone pick him up yet? The problem with Valverde is his 9M salary expectation. At age 34, with his better days behind him, two pitches everyone has seen over the years, and his battles with his weight, I don't see anyone having interest. What if the Tigers were to resign him under a fat-arse/performace based contract like the one Delmon Young recently signed with the Phillies? Sign him to a 2M base contract with incentives for making weight under AMA guidelines, not blowing games, and other performance based bonuses. Regardless, I don't see him making anywhere close to 9M next season.

One thing the Tigers won't miss during 2013 is Delmon Young's plodding around in Left Field and his lackluster performances at the plate during the regular season.

One thing the Tigers will miss during 2013 is how Delmon Young turns into the hitting machine come playoff time (ALCS MVP). Overall, I kinda liked the anti-semite, hate-spewing, twinkie-eating, racist bastard.

Okay, how many games will our closers blow during 2013? Given the Tigers hitting and starting pitching, you just know we're going to have a bunch of 1-3 run leads going into the 8th inning. We shall see. At least we'll have some room for Rondon to develop.

I was sad to see Don Kelly being moved down to Toledo since I feel he is a valuable utility man to have on the bench. Yeah, he's not a great hitter but he can play every position with credibility. At least we can call him up when needed.

Laird has a surprisingly good year backing up Alex Avila. Now that he's gone I am someone concerned who will handle the backup duties since there is no way Martinez steps behind the plate in 2013.

Ryan Raburn (aka Gene Rayburn) and Dan Schlereth are gone, which is an improvement.

I see Boesch getting little playing time on this years team.

Folks under the gun: Rick Porcello and Brennan Boesch.

The Tori Hunter addition is big too, can he still be productive (better be) :)

There is no doubt our outfield will improve drastically with his presence. I think he's got two more decent years left in him and that he will hit .270 for the Tigers. Solid outfielding and respectable plate appearances are what we need. Let's hope he doesn't turn old overnight.

View from inside comerica park today

image-3447489781.jpg

Hope so, everyone knows Dave Dembrowski loves his hard throwers, with that though there will be some nights he gets lit up like a Christmas tree as the the great "Crash Davis" said you need a curve ball in the show :)

Thats what really made Zumaya special is his Curve was very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts