2013 AL Central

Really nice to see how Dombrowski gets the deals done without the need for hurt feelings and ill-will of going to arbitration. I like Max and I feel both parties signed a deal that they are happy with. Congrats to both parties. Now...let's play some freaking baseball. :)

I wonder if they will go ahead soon and sign him to like a 3 year deal, this was just a deal to get past the deadline I think.

I haven't been too active here so far but you can bet I will be once spring training starts. I cannot wait for baseball. I will be watching the WBC on MLB Network and as much Tigers spring training on MLB.tv as possible. One of the benefits to MLB.tv is they get some extra spring training games that FS Detroit chooses not to pick up with no blackouts.

Just thinking ...

The Tigers Justin Verlander is thinking about pitching in the WBC, the Tigers are saying, it's his call.

With the extended season the Tigers have had with the Post Season the last few years, some are wondering if J.V. should pitch in the WBC and chance the extra wear and tear on the arm, when looking forward to potentially another long Post Season.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me, if your a good team, good enough to get into the Post Season, you have to be conditioned enough to be able to pitch well in the PS, many staffs have done it year in and year out ... Yankees and Braves come to mind.

The other thing to think about ... J.V. notoriously gets off to a slow start record wise, not necessarily his doing, sometimes it's the pen that make the early record suffer.

My take on it, if he wants to pitch, let him, maybe he'll get the poor April he always has out of the way in Feb/March. :)

You guys thoughts are welcomed ... :D

Just thinking ...

The Tigers Justin Verlander is thinking about pitching in the WBC, the Tigers are saying, it's his call.

With the extended season the Tigers have had with the Post Season the last few years, some are wondering if J.V. should pitch in the WBC and chance the extra wear and tear on the arm, when looking forward to potentially another long Post Season.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me, if your a good team, good enough to get into the Post Season, you have to be conditioned enough to be able to pitch well in the PS, many staffs have done it year in and year out ... Yankees and Braves come to mind.

The other thing to think about ... J.V. notoriously gets off to a slow start record wise, not necessarily his doing, sometimes it's the pen that make the early record suffer.

My take on it, if he wants to pitch, let him, maybe he'll get the poor April he always has out of the way in Feb/March. :)

You guys thoughts are welcomed ... :D

Here's my take. The post season innings are necessary and his most important innings of the year. The WBC is not. I'm fine with any of the position players participating but I would prefer that the Tigers starting rotation didn't. This goes double for Verlander. He has proven to be an extremely durable pitcher and if anyone can handle the extra innings it's him. I just don't see the point of tacking on extra innings to a guy that already leads the league in innings pitched for something as trivial as the WBC.

Here's my take. The post season innings are necessary and his most important innings of the year. The WBC is not. I'm fine with any of the position players participating but I would prefer that the Tigers starting rotation didn't. This goes double for Verlander. He has proven to be an extremely durable pitcher and if anyone can handle the extra innings it's him. I just don't see the point of tacking on extra innings to a guy that already leads the league in innings pitched for something as trivial as the WBC.

How many innings do you think he would actually throw in the WBC, they are limited to 2-3 per start from what I remember hearing.
Your only talking what 3 starts ?

How many innings do you think he would actually throw in the WBC, they are limited to 2-3 per start from what I remember hearing.
Your only talking what 3 starts ?

Honestly, I don't know much about the WBC. I will watch it if I see that it's on but it's not something I follow closely. If they really only pitch a couple innings per game it's probably pretty harmless. I just know Verlander tends to lead baseball in innings so I'd rather not see him add to them for someone besides the Tigers. He has proven to be a durable starter and I'm sure he would be fine but why risk it?

Anyways, he chose not to play so we'll never know. Like you said, maybe that could have helped solve his April struggles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honestly, I don't know much about the WBC. I will watch it if I see that it's on but it's not something I follow closely. If they really only pitch a couple innings per game it's probably pretty harmless. I just know Verlander tends to lead baseball in innings so I'd rather not see him add to them for someone besides the Tigers. He has proven to be a durable starter and I'm sure he would be fine but why risk it?

Anyways, he chose not to play so we'll never know. Like you said, maybe that could have helped solve his April struggles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't really follow it either, but the games will be on MLB Network if your interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)