2014 AL Central

Verlander on the mound today in KC ....

Verlander against a good team (pesky anyways), which JV shows up ?
Well, Verlander went into the 7th giving up only 2 hits and 0 runs.
Then KC had some seeing eye hits and have scored 2 runs to tie it up.

Tigers bullpen imploding since the AS break .... they were very good before the break.

They have lost 3 straight so far to the Indians with bullpen issues in each game.

He has a big contract, but you can not continue to send out Joe Nathan to suck up the place, and saying suck is being polite

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

IMO the Tigers can go on Hot and Cold streaks, but in a playoff series the bullpen will be exposed and will hurt the Tigers, let's see what the trade deadline brings

I'm thinking the Tigers are going hard to get Soria from the Rangers.
Benout from the Pardes is also a possibility.
Either would be a help.

Btw, where have all the Tigers fans gone, I haven't seen much being posted either way of late.

I wonder if site traffics is a tad down due to it being summer and folks outside right now. I know overall I have posted less in the various boards with the good weather we are having after a rough winter and trying to soak it up before it comes back :)

Tigers finish the series with the D-Backs tomorrow with a day game at 3:40 est.
They then move on to LA to play the Angels ... once again LATE evening starting at 10:05 est Thur, Fri and then when you would expect a day game on Saturday, first it would avoid the FOX commitment .. game won't be on if it starts after 7 pm because of Fox, it would have been a Perfect time to get a afternoon game, say at 4:05 and being able to be on TV ... but NO, it's gotta be a 9:05 game on a weekend too. :wtf2:mad::mad:no

Tigers trade for Rangers Closer Soria, giving up 2 top prospect pitchers.

This is a good move for the Tigers seeing thier 9th inning issues, lets hope they can get to the 9th inning now.

As for the 2 prospects, we hardly knew them, but they were guys that were expected to be contributors this and next year ... Jake Thompson and Corey Knubel, Knubel has pitched in Detroit this year.

Correction, Thompson would probably be a few years away as he's in his 2nd year with the Tigers now.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...ngers-deal-closer-joakim-soria-detroit-tigers

Last edited:
Yeah the media here is basically saying go all out trade the prospects, it's win now!

Yeah the media here is basically saying go all out trade the prospects, it's win now!

The News posters are going crazy, saying they gave up way too much for Soria .... then again, they always feel that way.

While the tigers provided no run support, JV just looks like a average pitcher, no fear facing him anymore with his long contract another reason I don't think the tigers give max any real crazy deal and he signs elsewhere and somewhat quietly I think both sides understand and see this

Though who knows, not my play money lol

I disagree...

Verlander has looked much better in the last month.
Last night he went into the 6th inning only giving up 1 run and 3 hits.
Gave up 2 runs in the 6th, still a strong performance.

If his offense would help out he'd be looking better yet.

David Price to the Tigers! Drew Smyly and Austin Jackson are gone. It's sad to see those guys go but man we have to have the best rotation in baseball now.

Not the best, but close.
Oakland, LA come to mind and possibly St. Louis

Agree to disagree. We have the last 3 AL Cy Young winners plus Sanchez. On top of that Porcello is having a good year.

Those other rotations are great but I'll put the Tigers up against anyone.

Prediction: the Twins will win 40 of their last 50 and take the division!

where did the gin bottle go…

Agree to disagree. We have the last 3 AL Cy Young winners plus Sanchez. On top of that Porcello is having a good year.

Those other rotations are great but I'll put the Tigers up against anyone.
When oh when will they get a BULLPEN to go along with the great Starting pitching ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)