2014 AL Central

On to the 18th and we're still going at it. Anyone else still watching this crazy game.
I am, I picked it back up in the 16th.
I watched the Nascar race then the News and happened to see the score ticker...

They are calling a NIGHT game now !

They mentioned that the Tigers were suppose to LAND in Pittsburgh at 7:30, about 15 minutes ago.

And that's it. We lose in the bottom of the 19th. At this point I was just ready for the game to be over regardless of who won.

Last time the Tigers got competition, earlier in the year they fell out of 1st place and they immediatly started playing good ball and built up a 7-9 game lead.

Lets see if they start playing now that KC has caught up.

Tigers @ Pirates this evening with JV taking the mound. We seen to be getting 6-7 good innings out of JV these days...but unless we get a 10-run lead we're dependent on the bullship...er, I mean bullpen. Anyway, Go Tigers!

Last time the Tigers got competition, earlier in the year they fell out of 1st place and they immediatly started playing good ball and built up a 7-9 game lead.

Lets see if they start playing now that KC has caught up.

I have a feeling they will get their asses in gear now that it's officially close. KC has to cool off eventually too. They are on a 7 game winning streak.

Tigers new pitcher, fresh from Single A ball, Buck Farmer started for the Tigers tonight and looked pretty good.

Tigers FINALLY WIN a game tonight, they actually HIT the ball where others aern't.

Classy Joe Nathan, on his salute to the fans last night. Big man you are Joe, I guess no one to blame this time around....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hopefully the Tigers start a winning streak. Hard to believe they have suck as crappy records with the talent on their team. Regardless, just make the playoffs and go from there. Any word on JV and his shoulder issue?
Last I heard, nothing structurly wrong, just inflamation, scheduled to miss one game

He gave a version of F you to the Fans with his hand and chin after the game last night. Look it up when you have a moment

He apologized today for what it's worth

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I defended Nathan when he was having his struggles early in the season. He has a proven record of being one of the better closers in baseball. Unfortunately he never got to that level of performance with the Tigers.

Here is my take from last night. A closer needs to have nerves of steel so he doesn't crack in pressure situations. Getting frustrated enough to send the F U to the home crowd twice isn't a sign of those strong nerves. He walked the first two batters and looked to be having another one of his terrible performances so the crowd started to boo him. Now I'm not one to boo at sporting events because I'm typically not that negative of a person. Still, he is a professional athlete who should be able to take a few boos when he is consistently giving up runs.

I lost all respect for him last night. I'm ok with players riling up the crowd in other ballparks or players on other teams. Don't do it to your home crowd though. We are the ones buying tickets, team logo gear, and watching on TV so you can get that $10 million per year. We are the ones filling up that stadium every night and putting Tigers games on FSN Detroit at the top of baseball TV ratings. Those people he gave the F U to spent their hard earned money to come out and see the Tigers play. The team in general has been struggling lately and he has been a big part of that. Suck it up and take your boos. If you don't like it play better.

I really didn't like him throwing Castellanos under the bus when he blew a save earlier this season either.

Reactions: satjay
Hopefully the Tigers start a winning streak. Hard to believe they have suck as crappy records with the talent on their team. Regardless, just make the playoffs and go from there. Any word on JV and his shoulder issue?
Tigers won a game yesterday, they won again today, if they win tomorrow, thats called a Winning Streak ! :eeek

Thats shameful of me ... :facepalm

Reactions: jrp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)