2014 AL Central

So, if the Tigers Win and the Royals Win today, Tigers win Division....

However, if the Tigers lose and KC Wins .... they tie for the Division and have to waste a Starter to decide who wins the division in a game 163 ?
Tigers already wasting Price having to go today so he would Not be available when the playoffs start ...

So with Price going today they had better win or they would be using thier #3 pitcher to start the playoffs.

Fortunately they have a rotation that can probably handle that.

Royals host the As this evening in a one-game winner-take-all Wild Card game. Insane!

I'll be watching and pulling for the Royals. The Tigers have had their way with the A's in the postseason for the last few years but I'd like to see KC do well.

I'll be watching and pulling for the Royals. The Tigers have had their way with the A's in the postseason for the last few years but I'd like to see KC do well.

I hope KC does well and beats the As and knocks-off the Angels. Tigers have pretty much had their way with the Os and Royals this season...not-so-much with the Angels. Anyway, it's World Series or Bust for the Tigers this season. Go Tigers!

Tigers to go with the Rotation of Scherzer in Game 1.
Verlander in Game 2
Price in Game 3
Porcello in Game 4 (if Ness, always subject to change !)
Scherzer in Game 5 (if Ness, always subject to change !)

Patiently waiting for Scherzer to settle down .. from listening to interviews he did the last few days, you could see he was pumped up.
He stated how much he liked the High Energy games, but tonight he's over pumped ...3-2 Baltimore top of 3rd.

Fwiw, MLB will not allow us working people to see the Tigers in game 2 tomorrow, for some reason they have to start at 12 noon on a weekday ... They have NEVER started a game at noon on ANY day during the regular season, thus Tiger fans can't watch game 2.

There is NO REASON that they have to have 4 games played tomorrow with only 2 games on Saturday.

:wtf :onstrike :rolleyes: way to go mlb ... :no :facepalm:wtf2

Fwiw, MLB will not allow us working people to see the Tigers in game 2 tomorrow, for some reason they have to start at 12 noon on a weekday ... They have NEVER started a game at noon on ANY day during the regular season, thus Tiger fans can't watch game 2.

There is NO REASON that they have to have 4 games played tomorrow with only 2 games on Saturday.

:wtf :onstrike :rolleyes: way to go mlb ... :no :facepalm:wtf2

Yep that totally sucks. I know they don't want TBS and FS1 games competing with each other but how terrible are the ratings going to be for a noon game? 95% of their audience is going to be working or in school.

Orioles just got lucky, Tigers ran Kinsler for 2-3 pitches and Torii lined out into a DP .... the Cabrera hits one out.

O's still up 4-3.

Better win tomorrow or it's pretty much over.
I disagree ...

Are they going with Verlander as originally planned or pushing Price up ?
Tomorrow is a very important game, but if the Tigers Win tomorrow, were right back to square one.

A win tomorrow also takes home field away, if that makes a difference anymore.

I heard earlier today that they were using Verlander tomorrow because he hasn't pitched in quite a long time ... (11 days I think they said)

I disagree ...

Are they going with Verlander as originally planned or pushing Price up ?
Tomorrow is a very important game, but if the Tigers Win tomorrow, were right back to square one.

A win tomorrow also takes home field away, if that makes a difference anymore.

I heard earlier today that they were using Verlander tomorrow because he hasn't pitched in quite a long time ... (11 days I think they said)

I agree that if they win tomorrow they are fine. That's what I was saying. If they lose they have to win 3 straight though and it's very rare to come back from 0-2 to win a best of 5. That's why I said they have to win tomorrow or it's pretty much over.

As far as I know Verlander is still going tomorrow. Price is a great pitcher but he is known to give up a lot of homers. I think the plan was to have him pitch in spacious Comerica park instead of Baltimore's home run friendly park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)