2014 MLB Season

Yankees avoid sweep win 4-2. Nova did not have his best stuff but was able to pitch through various jams. This is what pitching is all about. I think CC is in trouble if he does not adjust. His 95 mph fastball is not there any more and he now needs to adjust. Very difficult for some pitchers to do this. One guy that was an expert on this was Mike Mussina. He lost his fastball but was still able to pitch. Even after retirement he could pitch. Andy Pettite did the same. Mariano did the same after his rookie season.

175 million man tonight against Toronto blue jays.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
Indeed. The Mets suck. Guess I'll have to jump on the sawx bandwagon as Mrs. Hancox is a lifelong sawx fan.

Great opening ceremony at Fenway: ring presentation, championship banner raised, Boston firefighter honored and all 8 championship trophies (Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celtics) since 2001 all present at Fenway.

Didnt see it but Boston usually does a very good job for Opening Day.

Btw, did we pick who was going to make the playoffs and win the World Series?

AL West

Can the Angels have a bounce back year? I hope so because I'm picking the Angels to win the AL West. They havent won a game this year. Could Mike be on his way out of Los Angeles?

I still think the A's will have the best chance to win the AL West. This is coming from a Rangers fan. :)

040414redsoxce018.jpg

1613924_10152338992737372_2086818718_n.jpg

Boston champions at Fenway today: (l to r) Mark Recchi, Tedy Bruschi, Jason Varitek, Ty Law, Leon Powe, Troy Brown, Mike Lowell, Pedro Martinez

trophies missing: 2013 World Series trophy and 2011 Stanley Cup (because there is only ONE Stanley Cup)

I still think the A's will have the best chance to win the AL West. This is coming from a Rangers fan. :)

If I had to pick someone to win the West, I'd probably go with the A's as well .... just not real confident in the Angels ... but it looks like the Rangers may be better than I expected.

Pineda pitched very good yesterday. This was the guy the Yankees waited two years for the trade with the mariners to pay off. The problem now seems too be the offense. The only bad performance has been CC. Everyone else has pitched well. Dickey looked good yesterday and got out of a few jams. Jose Reyes was out on the first game of the year for Toronro with an injury. What a player? Injuries follow Reyes. Texeira is also out. Eduardo Nunez was put on assignment by the Yankees. Quite a surprise by this because this guy can hit. He will be great player elsewhere. The Yanks are making a mistake with him. He is no Montero. Alfonso Soriano is 0-16. He is known for this.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nunez can hit, no doubt. He also can't field consistently. That is his Achilles Heal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)