2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Smith will probably want a pretty big pay day,at least as big as he can get.Otherwise I think he would still be a Panther.Right now the Ravens are the leader to get him.

Panthers release WR Steve Smith

ok i understand that move BUT who are they picking up ? they lost Ted Ginn not a PB player but they better step up fast now.
James Jones,Julian Edelman,Hakeem Nicks,Devin Hester best left overs imo they should have signed 2 of these guys now they might have to over pay 1 or 2 of these.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Welker and Talid just prove that there is no loyalty in the NFL, its all business. Before New England, Welker wasnt doing much in Miami and Talib's reputation in Tampa was awful. After their careers are rejuvinated by BB and company, they pull a Jerry McGuire.

Cheers, K

PS- Welker is a dirty player

Where did you ever hear that there was Loyalty in the NFL ?

Woo hoo Sproles to Philly!Another weapon for Kelly's offense.

As for Revis,enjoy the man that only cares about money,I would bet my last dollar that the Pats won't win the SB with him on the team.

I look at it a different way ...

Players tend to go to NE and play better, maybe better atmosphere, better players around them, not wanting to let the others down, but it happens ...

I look for Revis to be rejuvenated and have a good stay in NE.

You guys are something else. I'm not going to generalize and say it's all Boston fans but damn. Welker is a traitor and dirty player, Ray Allen is a douche, Talib is a traitor, and I'm sure there are more.
Don't care enough to further comment on this nor make it a personal issue as I like many of you, it's just old......
If these aren't serious comments I read online then forgive my post.

Boston might be the most passionate pro sports market. I'm not saying we're better, but it really matters here. So when a guy leaves we take it personally. Is that wrong? I'm not sure about that.

Btw, you forgot Ellsbury, he is a fruit in stripes.

ok i understand that move BUT who are they picking up ? they lost Ted Ginn not a PB player but they better step up fast now.
James Jones,Julian Edelman,Hakeem Nicks,Devin Hester best left overs imo they should have signed 2 of these guys now they might have to over pay 1 or 2 of these.

Nicks is on their list,I reckon because he is a former Tarheel.At one time he was really good,he can't stay on the field now.That was never a problem with Smith.The Panthers will most likely take a step back this year.

Panthers release WR Steve Smith
This is messed up!!!!...I have not heard a positive comment on how this will make the Panthers better on offense..I am still in disbelief Jerry Richardson would allow this to happen!!!..Smitty still has a yr or 2 solid yrs left in him and why not let him finish where he started...He has been a class act on this whole ordeal but I can guarantee you he will be ready to torch his former team when given a chance....Please no NFC South team pick him up!!!!!..

The Panthers are still solid on Defense but I am clueless where they are going on offense!.

I do like what the Broncos are doing with their defense upgrading it with Ware & Talib. I think they have woken up from their embarrassment during the last Super Bowl & are trying to make sure that their defense can compete with teams like Seattle & San Francisco. I think the Broncos have a chip on their shoulders & will be back next season.

Boston might be the most passionate pro sports market. I'm not saying we're better, but it really matters here. So when a guy leaves we take it personally. Is that wrong? I'm not sure about that.

Btw, you forgot Ellsbury, he is a fruit in stripes.

Teams including yours don't treat their players any better either. The way I see it, it's just a business all away around. When you look at it that way you don't take it personally. I love my teams too but you'll never see me angry over someone who left, much less wish them the worse from there on out. I guess I'm the odd one......

might be a age thing to if you were around in 50s 60s players did not leave as much. and i thought free agency was right to do but a real game changer. and no better fans than Cleveland fans i must say.
when your LBJ leaves for less $ it's a heart breaker. tears

might be a age thing to if you were around in 50s 60s players did not leave as much. and i thought free agency was right to do but a real game changer. and no better fans than Cleveland fans i must say.
when your LBJ leaves for less $ it's a heart breaker. tears

I've been watching the NFL for 30 years so I don't get the extremes but I'll leave it at that. I get it's a me thing. If LBJ leaves I won't be thrilled but wont be angry either. He came here for one thing and he got it twice while at the same time bringing us two more championships. Nothing lasts forever, nothing us humans do anyway.....

I've been watching the NFL for 30 years so I don't get the extremes but I'll leave it at that. I get it's a me thing. If LBJ leaves I won't be thrilled but wont be angry either. He came here for one thing and he got it twice while at the same time bringing us two more championships. Nothing lasts forever, nothing us humans do anyway.....

so true

but as a fan when you have spent thousands of dollars in your lifetime on sports .........your really invested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)