2018-19 NCAA Football Thread

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I'm ready for next year football to start ...
Wanting to see how Day will do in charge of the Buckeyes.
He's made some potential really good moves in the coaching side of things ... at least they appear to be .... noty a surprise to see him overhaul the D side of things.
He's kept most of the players he wanted and got some very good recruits that you thought might think about moving, once Urban moved on ...
And he has Fields coming in to boot ... it will be interesting to see if the NCAA lets him play next year or not .... they have been doing that for alot of players in the last few years.

Fields and the Buckeyes should know in Feb from what I've heard ... unless the ncaa drags it out.

mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
...And he has Fields coming in to boot ... it will be interesting to see if the NCAA lets him play next year or not .... they have been doing that for alot of players in the last few years.

Fields and the Buckeyes should know in Feb from what I've heard ... unless the ncaa drags it out.
No doubt at all Fields will be granted his waiver. He's played the race card.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
No doubt at all Fields will be granted his waiver. He's played the race card.
This morning we find that Buckeye QB Tate Martell, who not long ago said, I'm not going anywhere and I will beat out Fields if he comes ... has signed up for the NCAA Transfer Portal ....

This doesn't mean he's leaving, just looking ....

Sounds like he's not so sure that he can beat out Fields after all.

I'm surprised by this, I think Martell can be very good, he hasn't had an opportunity yet to show it ...

I think he should have at least waited to see if Field actually does come to OSU (at this point, he is, should arrive on campus next week) and is able to learn the playbook.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Derwin0

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
This morning we find that Buckeye QB Tate Martell, who not long ago said, I'm not going anywhere and I will beat out Fields if he comes ... has signed up for the NCAA Transfer Portal ....

This doesn't mean he's leaving, just looking ....

Sounds like he's not so sure that he can beat out Fields after all.
Be funny if Jalen Hurts transfers there and beats them both for the job. :D

Derwin0

Derwin0

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
Its looking like he may end up at Oklahoma.
Good school for him, Oklahoma can make a quarterback look good, and being his final year of eligibility he needs something to impress the NFL scouts.

Derwin0

Derwin0

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
And its official, he is going to the Sooners.

Ill be pulling for them and him this coming season, unless of course they play the Tide ;)
Good for him, great place for him to use his final year of eligibility, as Oklahoma has made several transfer quarterbacks look good.

I on the other hand will be rooting for him against the Tide. ;)

osu1991

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
OU looking like asses now, getting Jalen Hurts and then blocking Austin Kendall from transferring to West Virginia even though he has graduated.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
So, is this NCAA Transfer Portal gonna be a regular thing ?
If so, it will ruin College football ... eventually.

So far, does ANYONE have to honor the "sit out 1 season to move rule ?"
This is ridiculous.

As for Oklahoma getting Hurts ... I'm fine with it, however, if I was a Oklahoma fan, I wouldn't want it IF I had a big time Quarterback coming in, like most schools do ...

This is 2 years in a row they will be going with a Grad Transfer ... can they not get a QB to commit that they want for 3-4 years ?

In The Buckeyes situation, its different as Fields is there for at least 2 years, possibly more ... (we all know he'll be gone when he's eligible if he's ALL That).

Martell may do really well at Miami ...

Did I see Wimbush is going to UCF now ?

When will they just start making trades ?