$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well D* called me back and only offered the hd tivo to me for 299.00 and nothing else.

Will wait a day and just call the retention number.

The csr or who ever it was that called me from D* gave me the following number which IS NOT the retention number 1-800-824-9081

BTW person I spoke with was named Chelsey

So "moving" like that does work then? Won't they try to come personally and instal the system at the "new" address?? I called DTV twice (I'd be a new costumer) and got still the same answer: HD DVR for $599 - $100 rebate :no Should I just keep trying or do like the guy above: call and set it all up, then call again 60 sec later to ask for that deal? :confused:

BillyT said:
Why not just keep the HD-TIVO order and "move" to New York. Rent the mailboxes ect suite address and make that your DirecTV address. Tell mailboxes etc to throw out the mail and pay DirecTV online. ;)

Hi,

is there a specific number for costumer retention?? And man, if they had offered me the 299 i'd have taken it right away!! :D that'st what I am trying to do!

Toddytime said:
Well D* called me back and only offered the hd tivo to me for 299.00 and nothing else.

Will wait a day and just call the retention number.

The csr or who ever it was that called me from D* gave me the following number which IS NOT the retention number 1-800-824-9081

BTW person I spoke with was named Chelsey

"Move" only after it is set up and installed. There's a million CSRs there and once again playing CSR roulette will net you one who is willing to allow you to "move".

kbohip said:
I just saw on Ebay HD-Tivo's still going for over $450.00, with still more time left in the auction. Poor souls.

If it is a new unit GREAT call D* and see if you can get a $250.00 credit. If so it's a GREAT price

If you get the $250.00 credit check out value Electronics for free shipping and a T Shirt and 5 year warranty.

Toddytime said:
If it is a new unit GREAT call D* and see if you can get a $250.00 credit. If so it's a GREAT price

If you get the $250.00 credit check out value Electronics for free shipping and a T Shirt and 5 year warranty.

That's a great idea. It wouldn't work for me as I've only been a Directv sub for 4 months, but for you long time subs you might want to try this.

kbohip said:
That's a great idea. It wouldn't work for me as I've only been a Directv sub for 4 months, but for you long time subs you might want to try this.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I got a HD receiver deal when I had only been a sub for 3 months. Are you on credit card auto pay? I think it may help.

I tried and tried and tried as a new costumer and it's always the 599-100 deal. Maybe I have to try now getting it for a week (without HD DVR) then calling. if they still don't do it I'll just go ahead and cancel it (which according to them there won't be any cost if I cancel within 30 days)

matthpd195 said:
I vote to try also, had my father call in on the deal (7 month subscriber) & they gave it to him. Installer coming Saturday afternoon with the HD Tivo.

Phil T said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I got a HD receiver deal when I had only been a sub for 3 months. Are you on credit card auto pay? I think it may help.

I'm unclear on how one goes about getting the $250 credit though. Do you just threaten to leave Directv or do you just come right out and ask for it?

I don't understand how you buy the HD-DVR from Ebay, and then call D* and get a credit. You're not buying the equipment from D*, so what's the basis for the credit?

will it work? keeping my fingers crossed...

Called as a new costumer and set it up four regular receivers. CSR suggested to call after it's all set up to see about qualifying for the HD DVR for $299. She did say two things that bugged me:
1. The TIVo needs to be connected to the phone line all times
2. I said I was going to "Move" to LA and she said that somebody would actually come over and remove the equipment when I move! :no that's not good!!!!

I'll call again in about 2 hours to see if I can get the HD DVR deal.

litig8 said:
I don't understand how you buy the HD-DVR from Ebay, and then call D* and get a credit. You're not buying the equipment from D*, so what's the basis for the credit?

As long as you buy from an authorized dealer like best buy, VE, solid signal etc you usually get the credits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)