2x1 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I am looking for a 2 way switch for my setup diseqc 2x1switch any suggestions?

No, I would like to go down on some lnbs to 4 lnbs instead of 8. My lnbs are all dual output running into 22khz switches then into 3 8x1 diseqc switches.

There are no 2 port DiSEqC 1.0/2.0 switches available that I know of. But thanks to N0QBH there is a plan to build a 2x1 switch here (scroll to the bottom of the page)
I happen to be in need for one myself and decided to build this switch to suit my needs. I gathered up the parts. Some assembly required. ;)
Satellite projects 018.JPG

Reactions: Titanium
There are no 2 port DiSEqC 1.0/2.0 switches available that I know of. But thanks to N0QBH there is a plan to build a 2x1 switch here (scroll to the bottom of the page)
I happen to be in need for one myself and decided to build this switch to suit my needs. I gathered up the parts. Some assembly required. ;)
View attachment 134907

Say what? Of course there are. Here's just one, but if he can wait, he can also order from China and get them way cheaper: EMP Centauri 2 x 1 DiSEqC 2.0 Multi Coaxial Switch P. 162-IW 22KHz 950-2300 MHz | eBay

Here's a better photo of that switch: 2x1 Premium DiSEqC FTA switch S2/1PCN-W1, 4 years warranty, Made in EU 8595577604079 | eBay

EMP-Centauri - DiSEqC switch S2/1PCNopt-W1 (P.162-IW Option)

That thing is a freak of FTA. It responds to any switch protocol, 22khz, 1.0,1.1 . It would not work in Dan's set-up

Dan,

I have 3 pieces of the Geosat Pro 2in1 DiSEqC switches. New in boxes. The main problem with these switches - the are very sensitive to power spikes from hooking up the coax cables. The power must be turned off completely before connecting or disconnecting.

If you want them - just pay postage.

Bob Westcott

I still have not seen a 2 port switch that is not a 22khz tone switch, just a DiSEqC 1.0 switch. Be careful what you buy.

it seems that 2x1 DiSEqC switches are quite common in Europe, I'm pretty sure I saw some in big box stores in France. (as 22kHz switches are kinda useless in places where universal Ku LNBFs are the norm).

But my question would be... Why would you want a 2x1 when you can get a 4x1 for just a few bucks very easily from most of our usual favorite suppliers. What would be the benefit of a 2x1 over a 4x1 (other than fewer potential points of entry for moisture)?

Reactions: a33 and primestar31
it seems that 2x1 DiSEqC switches are quite common in Europe, I'm pretty sure I saw some in big box stores in France. (as 22kHz switches are kinda useless in places where universal Ku LNBFs are the norm).

But my question would be... Why would you want a 2x1 when you can get a 4x1 for just a few bucks very easily from most of our usual favorite suppliers. What would be the benefit of a 2x1 over a 4x1 (other than fewer potential points of entry for moisture)?
I only have 2 dishes and do not plan on getting any more.

No, I would like to go down on some lnbs to 4 lnbs instead of 8. My lnbs are all dual output running into 22khz switches then into 3 8x1 diseqc switches.

I cannot visualize what setup you have: a 8/1 diseqc 1.1(or 2.1) switch?
And you want to insert a 2/1 switch somewhere, to go from 8 to 4 LNBs?

Maybe I have a bad evening, but I cannot understand.

And yes, 2/1 diseqc x.0 switches are not uncommon in Europe. But 4/1 switches are just a little less cheap, and give you spare ports when you accidently blew a port...

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: Brct203 and KE4EST
You have a point a33 I was decreasing my lnbs on the front of my dish. I have 8 dual output lnbs going into 4 externally powered zinwells then into 3 8x1 diseqe switches. I have 3 rooms that I am going into.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts