3ABN dish and multiple LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lapco

Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
midwest @ mississippi
This newby with an old 3ABN dish of 2002 vintage needs to find a dual LNB mount for its approx. 1/2"x2" arm. Anyone know of a multiple LNB bracket for it, so we don't have to buy a new dish?

The dish you have is probably a 90cm KTI dish. I don't know of a 4 deg bracket for it. I also don't know the focal length, if it is the same as a GeoSat then you might be able to adapt their dual LNB set up. I think you would be better off to get a second dish and tie the two together with a 22khz switch.
Bob

This newby with an old 3ABN dish of 2002 vintage needs to find a dual LNB mount for its approx. 1/2"x2" arm. Anyone know of a multiple LNB bracket for it, so we don't have to buy a new dish?

This dish has a unique configuration and I have a solution for you if you have some basic fabricating skills, look at my dish and see how I used aluminum and steel flatbar to mount 3 lnb's. The conduit clamps are 1-1/4", the 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" universal clamps are too big so look for the ones that are for only 1-1/4"

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 194
This dish has a unique configuration and I have a solution for you if you have some basic fabricating skills, look at my dish and see how I used aluminum and steel flatbar to mount 3 lnb's. The conduit clamps are 1-1/4", the 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" universal clamps are too big so look for the ones that are for only 1-1/4"

I suppose you're using 89W for the ABC feeds?? Any other good channels?? Can you tell me which TP I can use to find 89W?
Also, good job with the mods Look pretty nice!! Thanks

Last edited:
I suppose you're using 89W for the ABC feeds?? Any other good channels?? Can you tell me which TP I can use to find 89W?
Also, good job with the mods Look pretty nice!! Thanks

Yes the 89W is for ABC News Now & the news feeds. It was within range so I grabbed it.
TP is 11958 V 19532 auto

Thanks, this dish has an excellent aperture for snagging multiple sats, I tried to get 83W also but it's too far out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts