6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could one of your guys who has assembled the dish, take a picture of the arm attachment point at the dish?

Could one of your guys who has assembled the dish, take a picture of the arm attachment point at the dish?

;)

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 322
@Brotherhood

JFYI, I could not justify paying about $113.00 shipping via UPS to Canada, not counting the customs duties yet. Totally not worth it for me, I can get an 8 footer for less than that, but, has no room for it.

brentb636, did you spraypaint the back of your dish?

brentb636, did you spraypaint the back of your dish?

Yep, I'm going to paint the whole dish with Camouflage Rustoleum. The back side is going to be dark mottled, the front a little lighter , but mottled tan, green, and brown. In our township, dishes are supposed to be only in the back yard ( at least the ones they can control, BUDs ) . My dishes are in a side of house lilac garden, south side, so I'm painting it and mounting it low behind the lilacs . Hopefully, it won't be as noticeable as my current 4 footer, which will be coming down to make room.
:)

I have a 6 footer that looks just like what wsi is selling from sadoun.(man you guys are really getting a deal).I have noticed that wsi dish dosnt come with a center cover leaving a hole in the middle.Can there be some signal loss because of the hole!Just wondering.

I have a 6 footer that looks just like what wsi is selling from sadoun.(man you guys are really getting a deal).I have noticed that wsi dish dosnt come with a center cover leaving a hole in the middle.Can there be some signal loss because of the hole!Just wondering.

I don't think there is any appreciable loss. If you think about the dish reflecting back and focussing into the throat of the lnbf, it's hard to imagine that small area having much of an effect.
I think we're getting a deal, BUT I think the Sadoun dishes are a little heavier weight steel.

I don't think there is any appreciable loss. If you think about the dish reflecting back and focussing into the throat of the lnbf, it's hard to imagine that small area having much of an effect.
I think we're getting a deal, BUT I think the Sadoun dishes are a little heavier weight steel.

Thanks! That hole should make centering the LNB a much easier job.I think you will be happy with a 6 footer!Dont know if you was getting any dvb-s2 with the 4 footer!but im sure you will be getting it with the 6 footer:).

I'd be pleasantly surprised if I get any DVB-S2 stuff. I'm not counting on it anyway !
You should! I get several and my dish and receiver are just about the same as yours. as a example!S2 on RTV AMC3c comes in very well here and also the s2 PBS channels on 125w ku.S2 is touchy to get but once you get a lock the signals are stable and pretty strong.I get a Q of near 60 on mine.A funny thing!! I get a stronger signal with RTV on AMC3 c than AMC9 and on AMC 3 if you dont wont to watch what RTV is showing on one channel you have several others to choose from.

Well finally opened the dish carton, took an inventory of hardware against the enclosed partsl sheet for the dish, missing washers ( item # 22... 6mm washers a total of 37 missing), (Item # 20... 10 mm washers a total of 6 washers 2 missing), (item# 18 ... 16mm washers a total of 6 also 2 missing). Traced the washer that I had into a piece of paper, went to Home Depot bought the closes sizes as possible and modified them to work.

I am a little confused, does the LNB have the three holes to attach to the end of the LNB supporter already pre drilled, or do I have to buy some sort of ring to attach the LNB.

I have to agree, this is a fairly flinsy dish but for the price, you can not beat it. Right now I am working on the modification of the two 2" PVC couplings to fit on the out side the 2 3/8" steel fence post and inside item #25.

Well back to work .

avenger

Well finally opened the dish carton, took an inventory of hardware against the enclosed partsl sheet for the dish, missing washers ( item # 22... 6mm washers a total of 37 missing), (Item # 20... 10 mm washers a total of 6 washers 2 missing), (item# 18 ... 16mm washers a total of 6 also 2 missing). Traced the washer that I had into a piece of paper, went to Home Depot bought the closes sizes as possible and modified them to work.

I am a little confused, does the LNB have the three holes to attach to the end of the LNB supporter already pre drilled, or do I have to buy some sort of ring to attach the LNB.

I have to agree, this is a fairly flinsy dish but for the price, you can not beat it. Right now I am working on the modification of the two 2" PVC couplings to fit on the out side the 2 3/8" steel fence post and inside item #25.

Well back to work .

avenger

When you buy a LNB for the c dish it should come with a scalar ring that attaches to the 3 or 4 supports going to the dish.The middle of this ring is where the lnb is mounted and held by 3 mounting screws.Pic of mine below.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 246
When you buy a LNB for the c dish it should come with a scalar ring that attaches to the 3 or 4 supports going to the dish.The middle of this ring is where the lnb is mounted and held by 3 mounting screws.Pic of mine below.

stanleyjohn,

Thanks for the information. I am learning by leaps and bounds. I do not actually have the LNB on hand as of yet, so I was not too sure how the LNB was installed.

Finally finish the two 2" PVC coupling, the flat spots on the outdised of the couplings to fit inside item #25 was not too much of a problem, enlarging the inside of the couplings to fit the ouside of the 2 3/8" galvanize fence post was alot of work, but worth it.

Tomorrow, after I am finish modifying 37 #10 washer into a 6mm counterpart, it is time to start assembling and putting the dish together.

I am thinking of removing and replacing the 36" (KU) dish with the 6' dish. My yard is no too big, but will see what it can be done before actually removing the 36" dish.

Thanks again.

avenger.

Hi everyone I have been reading your forums for some time now learning about FTA. Saw the deal for 69.99 and could not resist. Bought one a few minutes ago along with an actuator the DMX741 LNB and a SCALER kit. Total including delivery was 241.71 to my home in central Florida. WHAT A DEAL. This is my first post and just wanted to say HI and THANKS to ALL for what I have learned so far.
biggrin.gif

Rod

Rod,

Welcome!!! There is an incredible amount of accumulated knowledge on this board, and this deal makes the C-band end seem downright cheap. I lurked here for about three months myself before actually buying my first KU band setup last year. I got quite an education from the posts here while lurking which made actually setting the dish up easier than I had expected. Hopefully your experience will be the same. There is not a question on this topic that can't be answered by someone in these forums, or that has been my experience.

I went down to the WS location in the LA on Thursday and picked up the dish and actuator. I think you'll be surprised at how small the box is. I had an opportunity to talk to the folks at WS for some time while I was there. These people are top notch. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Now to set the thing up. ;)

Had a couple of hours this afternoon and figured I'd start putting things together. Unfortunately mine was missing the 6mm and 10mm washers as well. Not the end of the world as I need to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up two 2in PVC couplings for the dougruss sleeve mod :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts