8 ft dish

goodmi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
earth
i have got a 8ft dish from a vacant yard three days a go and plan to set up.i am not new to cband dish, I have a question, the center of the dish is something there that is missing? a method plate or something? Do i have to? and from picture is something from the dish is missing? Do not think actuator is good,i test it on two different dish movers and there giving me errors and actuator does not spin. Thanks any help would be good.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 128
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 133
  • image10 - Copy.jpeg
    image10 - Copy.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 118
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: FTA4PA
i have got a 8ft dish from a vacant yard three days a go and plan to set up.i am not new to cband dish, I have a question, the center of the dish is something there that is missing? a method plate or something? Do i have to? and from picture is something from the dish is missing? Do not think actuator is good,i test it on two different dish movers and there giving me errors and actuator does not spin. Thanks any help would be good.
Nice find! If you look on ebay you can find round metal plates to replace what is missing. Drill a hole in the center and find a way to fasten it at the back of the reflector.

As far as the actuator goes don't give up on it. When I got my SAMI dish the actuator wouldn't budge. I took it apart and with some tlc got it working. See my thread below (actuator refurb is post 15). Good luck with yours! :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
thanks guys for the input. Will look for a plate. I will update when i get it going. one more thing is there a wiring diagram, showing how to power lnb? thanks.

thanks guys for the input. Will look for a plate. I will update when i get it going. one more thing is there a wiring diagram, showing how to power lnb? thanks.
I've always used Titanium's lnbfs so will let someone who knows about those comment on them. :rolleyes

Looks like a C/Ku band setup with a servo to change polarity (H/V). But hopefully someone who actually knows what it is chimes in. I also am using a Titanium LNBF because it the feedhorn/LNB/LNA on my dish was junk and frankly too heavy for the buttonhook.

Since that dish is not a buttonhook-type you may not even really need that plate at the center, I have ran very similar dishes without them.

That area of the dish is shaded by your feed so you are not losing any reflective area and all the bolts that hold the sections together provide plenty of rigidity to the reflector.

They do look better to me with that plate though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts