91W NIMIQ 6 completely active now....footprint changed

I have been a subscriber for a few years and used a broker that is no longer in business, how do i go about canceling my subscription now that i can no longer receive a signal?

Well I was getting strong signal here in VA last week but this week NO signal at all, I was hoping they had changed TP's but I guess not.

For those who asked about getting a larger dish... If you are say 41 degrees latitude or south in the U. S. don't waste your money. I'm using a 6 ft. dish pointed at 91W and every TP registers zero here. Sad day for us Canadians in the USA, Subscribed here for 10 years since leaving Powell River, BC :river
Anyone wishing to PM me please do so. Maybe some solutions within numbers.

I am in Phiadelphia 39.75 deg n and 75 deg west. So, does that mean a 90cm or a 1 meter won't work here? On the 82 nimiq-I had to go to 30" and it holds for the most part-sometimes at night I lose tr 4 and 5. I wonder if the 91 beam is tighter than the 82...any input is appreciated...

In Northern Ohio, signals are very strong. But I am right on Lake Erie, and I've always had strong signal from 82, so that was expected. Sorry for all the folks that lost their signal.

For those who asked about getting a larger dish... If you are say 41 degrees latitude or south in the U. S. don't waste your money. I'm using a 6 ft. dish pointed at 91W and every TP registers zero here. Sad day for us Canadians in the USA, Subscribed here for 10 years since leaving Powell River, BC :river
Anyone wishing to PM me please do so. Maybe some solutions within numbers.

Hi guys, new member first post.
I have been living in Texas for 12 years and have had my express vu 2700 since day one. Never a problem.
Just got back from Vacation in Toronto and I have no signal at all.

I assume that my problem is the same one being discussed here. Not being techy at all in this area do I understand that my sat is now trash and I should cancel my service? Is there a fix I can do or will there be one in the future?

Thanks for any advice and sorry for a dumb post and also sorry for all us folks who have stayed connected with back home and are now shut out.

XYYZ.

Not being techy at all in this area do I understand that my sat is now trash and I should cancel my service? Is there a fix I can do or will there be one in the future?
XYYZ.

There is no fix for your location (Texas), nor will there be a fix in the future with Bell. Yes you should cancel your service with them.

There is no fix for your location (Texas), nor will there be a fix in the future with Bell. Yes you should cancel your service with them.

Thanks for the reply,, you speak very confident with your answer, How do you know that there will never be a fix?
I really would like more facts before I cancel, It will be very difficult to reaquire the service once I cancel.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
For us users that used a broker that have gone out of business, how do we cancel? anyone help? I have been paying for HD that i could not receive for the last few years as there has been no one to call and i did not want to lose service.

Thanks for the reply,, you speak very confident with your answer, How do you know that there will never be a fix?
I really would like more facts before I cancel, It will be very difficult to reaquire the service once I cancel.
Thanks again.

Bell just put up a new satellite to replace an older satellite. The old satellite footprint covered Canada and the US. The new satellite covers Canada and basically the border states (the ones near the Canadian border)
One of the reasons they did change the footprint is Northern Canada (yukon, NW Territories) use to have to use 30" dishes...now they can use the stock setup

Any new satellite they launch (and satellites usually last 12-15 years) will still cover their "intended" area

xyyz, there is no way Bell is going to change their mind and re-point the footprint back to the southern US, but by all means you can keep your sub as long as you'd like and see what happens...

To xyyz
Unforunately Bell has changed the footprint of the satellite signal and you are out of luck However you can pick
up a Shaw dish and get similar service I found KuSat very helpful

To the guy whose provider went out of business
Call your credit card company and stop payment on the charge Tell them the company went out of business and is still charging for a service you can no longer get I would recommend a Shaw system also

Aust54

Thanks for the info guys
I understand the footprint has changed and took me out of the service area, I was just hoping for some kind of "fix" that someone was working on to bring us back again, not being savvy in this area I was just hoping some wizard might come up with a solution, I guess I won't hold my breath...lol.

I spoke with Shaw in Canada yesterday and they are eager to have my business, however they are not allowed to ship south. I understand this.
I can use an address up there for the equipment delivery then my contact will have to forward the gear south to my home.

Has anybody done this and what problems if any did they run into in the process? I don't want to spend the money and have the gear disappear on route.
Thanks.

XYYZ

I fully understand You are so far south that it is impossible to get anything I am near NYC which is much closer to the
footprint line and I will probably have to make a significant change to my dish I am waiting for someone to post some information to determine what I need It is coming in fine here in the Adirondacks

I use KuSat to send me any material Never had any problems and the stuff gets here in a week
Austin

Thanks for the info guys
I understand the footprint has changed and took me out of the service area, I was just hoping for some kind of "fix" that someone was working on to bring us back again, not being savvy in this area I was just hoping some wizard might come up with a solution, I guess I won't hold my breath...lol.

If you shine a flashlight on the wall the bright spot is the footprint. Now shift that "beam" about 7 feet up the wall. Notice at the bottom of the wall there is no light? Thats kinda what happened.
Like I say satellites last 12-15 years. So if you want to continue to pay for 12 years with no service by all means go ahead ;)

I am ~60 miles SE of the QCA and lost a bunch of channels a couple weeks ago, some more on Monday and some more on Tuesday! Now getting to the ones I actaully watched. I have a 1 meter dish and before the switch I was getting high 80s on about half the transponders and 100 on the rest of them.I had toyed with putting a circular LNB on my 10 foot dish to see if there would be any signal but would have to wreck something in order to try it and do not want to devote the big dish to Bell TV even if it did work. Instead I ordered a Shaw direct system that was supposed to be here on Monday before the end of the day but as of this morning was still awaiting customs clearance at the border. The Bell system I have is about 10 years old, SD only and has a PVR with a bad hard drive so it was time for an upgrade anyways. Glad I did not buy a new Bell system as I had been contemplating.Iordered both from a place called KUsat that is easy to deal with has no problmes about sending stuff over the border and will help set up the account at a friend's address in canada at no extra charge. I think they also provide brokerage services, although I do not need them.

Go ahead and give it a try if it's not too much trouble for you. I would be certainly interested in seeing your results. If you can't get it with a 10' footer it clearly is hopeless in our neck of the woods. That would be the nail in the coffin for me as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure a lot of others south of you would be interested in seeing your results as well as you would save them a lot of time and money from trying to get something they can't get. :eek:

Does anyone know if Shaw is planning a footprint change and how old is their current satellite?
Just afraid to go through the process with them and end up in the same boat.
Thanks.