922 Sling Issues?

hello,

having few issues if someone can confirm

when you log thru dish remote and watch , on home TV it changes the screen size ?

on dish network site guide does not show all the channels in grid ?

when recording and press PIP it will show blank for other screen and will lock in that mode even when you exit from the PIP meaning you will have half of the screen only , reboot and back to normal.

Thanks in advance.

Well, my 922 has now decided it does not want to stay connected to the broadband network.
Tried to access it from work yesterday and it was down.
Checked it out when I got home, and resetting the connection would fix it, momentarily.
If I left the Broadband setup screen up, I could watch it go from "OK" to "Fail" and back randomly.
(Both my 722K and 622 stay connected flawlessly).

Couple this with the consistency with which I get "black screen" recordings, and I'm really getting frustrated now.

I'm able to access Sling from my iPhone, but it seems that a number of Menu options are missing. I was trying to adjust my OTA antenna and use the Sling as as way see the OTA channels signal strength without having to run up and down from the attic to the living room.

I used to do this when I owned a separate Slingbox. All the Menu options were available with the separate box. Seems the 922 has several menu options missing including Local Channels and Broadband Setup. Am I missing something?

I wished I had researched this more before jumping on the 922. Mine was installed yesterday. This was to replace my VIP 622, where I used the TV2 out function to feed all my non-HD tv's. Of course I found out too late that the TV2 out function doesn't exist. I chose the 922 for the Sling function, and for the higher capacity.

Last night, I recorded 4 shows. However, and this one is the most important one to me, '24' did not completely record. Somewhere around 1 hour 15 minute mark of the 2 hour season finale, the recording suspended until the final 2-3 minutes. When I played back in fast forward mode, you could see it make that 45 minute jump on the time line. I was playing around with the Sling function during the evening, and don't know if that might have caused the issue.

Last night, I recorded 4 shows. However, and this one is the most important one to me, '24' did not completely record. Somewhere around 1 hour 15 minute mark of the 2 hour season finale, the recording suspended until the final 2-3 minutes. When I played back in fast forward mode, you could see it make that 45 minute jump on the time line. I was playing around with the Sling function during the evening, and don't know if that might have caused the issue.

We had some issues with our recording of 24 this week as well. But that's KCPQ for you. For whatever reason the KCPQ in HD is just horrible. Audio drops out etc... But people with multiple different receivers have reported these issues.

Well, my 922 has now decided it does not want to stay connected to the broadband network.
Tried to access it from work yesterday and it was down.
Checked it out when I got home, and resetting the connection would fix it, momentarily.
If I left the Broadband setup screen up, I could watch it go from "OK" to "Fail" and back randomly.
(Both my 722K and 622 stay connected flawlessly).

Couple this with the consistency with which I get "black screen" recordings, and I'm really getting frustrated now.

I had the same problem. Dish replaced the 922. New box seems to be more stable when connecting to broadband.

I keep getting an invalid ip address message when I try to watch through my iPhone, I checked my receiver and it shows it's connected. Anyone else have this problem? It was working fine earlier this week

anyone know exactly how long it takes for the firmware to update after a 922 activation? i know this needs to be done before the sling works, but i have been hearing it can take DAYS. is this true?

No... it takes about 24 hours for all of the features to fully work (such as channel logos in the guide) but the Sling should work really after its setup.

you mean the sling should work right away, or after the 24 hours?
the last couple i put in, i couldnt even put it in dual mode and when trying to access the sling was given an error message 'sling device not found'. was told by csr's it would take up to 24 hours. but its embarrassing to put a product in that doesnt work before you leave. i never did check back with these customers to find out how it went.

My replacement 922 has been working great. I'll give the sling function a better test during an upcoming vacation. The couple of times I have tested it at home, it has done fine on one laptop, but my underpowered Dell mini 1010 model netbook was struggling.

I ordered and obtained the MT2 OTA module from Dish Network. It was showing on the web page as out-of-stock, but I was able to order it via online chat with a sales rep. $15 for shipping was a bit steep. I'm real happy with the reception on this unit. I can get all my locals and subcarriers. Funny, my old VIP622 could only get half of the channels (and I was using same antenna as now). I have successfully tested recording 2 satellite channels and 2 OTA channels at the same time.

One odd thing about the TV2 out. Prior to adding the OTA module, I could startup the sling function from my laptop, and I would get that mirrored to channel 116. Now, I am not getting anything on my other TV. I have more testing to do when I find time. I have not hooked up the coax for my home distribution to the TV1 out on the OTA module. I'm guessing it will only mirror what I see on my HDTV hooked up by HDMI.

My replacement 922 has been working great. I'll give the sling function a better test during an upcoming vacation. The couple of times I have tested it at home, it has done fine on one laptop, but my underpowered Dell mini 1010 model netbook was struggling.

I ordered and obtained the MT2 OTA module from Dish Network. It was showing on the web page as out-of-stock, but I was able to order it via online chat with a sales rep. $15 for shipping was a bit steep. I'm real happy with the reception on this unit. I can get all my locals and subcarriers. Funny, my old VIP622 could only get half of the channels (and I was using same antenna as now). I have successfully tested recording 2 satellite channels and 2 OTA channels at the same time.

One odd thing about the TV2 out. Prior to adding the OTA module, I could startup the sling function from my laptop, and I would get that mirrored to channel 116. Now, I am not getting anything on my other TV. I have more testing to do when I find time. I have not hooked up the coax for my home distribution to the TV1 out on the OTA module. I'm guessing it will only mirror what I see on my HDTV hooked up by HDMI.

set your mirror tv to air and do a channel scan.

vip 922

I just upgraded to a VIP 922 and I can't figure out how to transfer recordings to my external hard drive. I was able to transfer from drive to DVR

Andree

You can't transfer to you external hard drive. Just tranfer to your Receivers internal hard drive FROM the external hard drive. For now anyway. Who knows when they will ever fix this issue. I have had mine for over a month now and finally cleared off all the movies from my external to my receiver hard drive. The DISH software writers haven't updated the software on this receiver since I got it May 6th.

You can't transfer to you external hard drive. Just tranfer to your Receivers internal hard drive FROM the external hard drive. For now anyway. Who knows when they will ever fix this issue. I have had mine for over a month now and finally cleared off all the movies from my external to my receiver hard drive. The DISH software writers haven't updated the software on this receiver since I got it May 6th.

If you think that it is bad as of the May 6 release, you should have had it on the 7th of April.

If you think that it is bad as of the May 6 release, you should have had it on the 7th of April.

NO thank you.:eek: I can only imagine how bad it was before. I did have the webtv/dishplayer and the original 921 dvr. They had to be babysat all the time. The 922 is alright as a receiver but at times I miss my 722k. It could do much more than the 922 does now.

Just yesterday , for the second time, the 922 lost all its ota channels and all the timers were gone . I rebooted to get all the ota channels back , but no guide data past one hour. I had to restore the timers from the remote control , but the daily schedule was from the day before. I unplugged the receiver and let it stay off for 5 minutes, then plugged it back in. I had to redo all my ota timers because they were moved to the sat channel versions. A real pain in the ass.

I can't delete anything off my 922

I've been trying to delete recordings from my 922 for 2 days and they will not delete:mad:

My HD is 88% full and when I try to delete something I get the normal "Attention code 509 screen" and it looks like the program is deleting but it stays on this screen forever and never deletes. I have to power the box down to stop the delete screen. I let it set deleting for 10 minutes on a 1 minute record test.

Anyone else have this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)