97W 3952 transponder signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SignalHill

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
For a couple of months now the signal levels on this transponder would nose dive around 5 pm local but come back up within a few hours. I figured it may be a sun transit but the transponder has no usable signal level at all now, at any time of day. Is anyone else having the same problems? Using a geosat pro micro hd and a Ti PLL LNBF. Other transponders on the same bird are working normally................Hurricane Larry roared through here last night. Big tree uprooted, BUD didn't move a mm. :) :)

I can't help you by checking the tp signal, but I notice all 5 channels on that mux stream in HD quality online. More and more, regular programming on C-band is appearing online.

Hope you had no trouble from Hurricane Larry.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: SignalHill
It turns out there was some hurricane damage. One mesh pie shaped section was torn loose from the frame. I have the 1/4 dish panel taken down, the old mesh pie section removed and straightened. Getting it back into the slots proving very difficult. Does anyone have any tips to share?

It turns out there was some hurricane damage. One mesh pie shaped section was torn loose from the frame. I have the 1/4 dish panel taken down, the old mesh pie section removed and straightened. Getting it back into the slots proving very difficult. Does anyone have any tips to share?
Hope it is not too late. My Odom dish has the slots for mesh. You can take a small putty knife or even flathead screwdriver and jar the slot outward, so the gap is wider. Then slide the mesh in carefully and finish with a rubber mallet to hammer everything snug again.

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts