A dispute between Dish and WCNC-NBC in Charlotte?

simplexswrhs90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
Asheboro, NC
A WCNC message about DISH Network | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, Sports WCNC.com | Featured Content

Dear valued WCNC-TV viewer,

"I want you to know that we are in the process of negotiating a program carriage agreement with DISH Network. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to move forward with DISH, little progress has been made to this point.
In the interest of completing a fair deal and avoiding viewer disruption, WCNC-TV has offered an extension to DISH for continued carriage of our programming. If they do not accept our offer to extend, it is possible that WCNC-TV will come off the DISH network Sunday, October 31st at midnight.
You can help -- call DISH and tell them you want to be able to watch WCNC-TV's local news and receive the station's up-to-date information during times of severe weather as well as Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Judge Judy, The Doctors, Charlotte Today and NBC network programming such as NBC's Sunday Night Football, The Today Show, Law & Order SVU, The Event and The Office.
Stay tuned to WCNC-TV and this website for information. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at the station by calling 704-329-3636 or emailing me at tmorrissey@wcnc.com."

Respectfully,

Tim Morrissey
President and General Manager

A WCNC message about DISH Network | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, Sports WCNC.com | Featured Content

Dear valued WCNC-TV viewer,

"I want you to know that we are in the process of negotiating a program carriage agreement with DISH Network. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to move forward with DISH, little progress has been made to this point.
In the interest of completing a fair deal and avoiding viewer disruption, WCNC-TV has offered an extension to DISH for continued carriage of our programming. If they do not accept our offer to extend, it is possible that WCNC-TV will come off the DISH network Sunday, October 31st at midnight.
You can help -- call DISH and tell them you want to be able to watch WCNC-TV's local news and receive the station's up-to-date information during times of severe weather as well as Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Judge Judy, The Doctors, Charlotte Today and NBC network programming such as NBC's Sunday Night Football, The Today Show, Law & Order SVU, The Event and The Office.
Stay tuned to WCNC-TV and this website for information. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at the station by calling 704-329-3636 or emailing me at tmorrissey@wcnc.com."

Respectfully,

Tim Morrissey
President and General Manager

Please see:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/231605-another-possible-dispute-dish-v-belo.html