AAD - Is Out of Business

You did not sign a contract, but they own the programming. It is a copyrighted work, and they decide how they want to show it to the public - check out article 1 section 8 of the constitution...
Correct and now look at intellectual property laws and see the evolving fascism. Not healthy and counterproductive. If we don't watch where are they?

RVers have the full spectrum of dish equipment from a simple single LNBF on a tripod, to a 1000.2/1000.4 on a tripod, to a Winegard Trav'ler (1000.2) automatic roof dish, to a single LNBF automatic dome. The dome is what a moving RV would use and most of them can lock onto any one of the satellites (one at a time). The Western Arc is generally the best for RVers.

Thank you Brussam, what you are stating is exactly my point (The Seatel and KVH are for targeting the birds in a moving vessel therefore they're more expensive).
Assuming the western arc is the ideal for RV's the core programming is @ 119W, if the RV has a automatic dome capable only of one bird at a time, so let's say they have a condition where they want a CONUS channel out of 119W and the locals for the spot they just arrived is in 110W.....

Watch their channel on 119W and when they want the locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, ...) move the dish to 110W and make a check switch again??
The spot beam solution forces all RV's to have triple LNBF (1000.2) or at least dual lnbf (Dish 500) for 110W & 119W

Watch their channel on 119W and when they want the locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, ...) move the dish to 110W and make a check switch again??
The spot beam solution forces all RV's to have triple LNBF (1000.2) or at least dual lnbf (Dish 500) for 110W & 119W

Doesn't work, I have gone from 1 LNB to 2 LNB's to 3 LNB's and now a Carryout automatic dome.(Receives all three birds, one at a time). Once we leave our home spot (SoCal) we loose all local networks, fortunately we do have Superstation, so we can receive KCAL for local news, but no major network programing. I am going to leave my 722 receiver at home and hopefully be able to tap into it with Dish Anywhere for major network programing. The available internet connection will be the limiting factor.

Fred

Now that we found that we can change our service address with a phone call, we really don't need AAD. We had San Francisco and New York programming and could watch Leno at 8:35 Pacific time, but Leno is gone and we can deal with getting network programming only once each evening. A loss, but not a great loss, and saves us twenty bucks a month.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Correct and now look at intellectual property laws and see the evolving fascism. Not healthy and counterproductive. If we don't watch where are they?

True, broadcast television has been declining. They are selling eyeballs, but if all the eyes leave where will they be. I do not expect the current system to last 20 years, but I do not have a guess as to when it will actually fail. For now it is as it is, but as their ratings decline something will have to give...

Ok lets assume that your sugestion could be a solution for a RV user, he's somewhere out of theses spot beams:

View attachment 95772

Blue areas I highlighted because they're not covered by any Spot Beam (some flaws I could over look in few minutes) he calls in and he has to say he's some where in the zip code you suggest.....

But what about the other condition I gave:

1.- How about non RV users located in non spot beam locations?
2.- How about people located in US possessions or non CONUS locations that are looking forward to have news out of any main land mayor city,

If you only look at 119 this may be true, but the blue oval in west-central Texas is covered by s spot beams on 110 and 61.5. Lubbock Texas has HD and SD locals on 61.5 and SD locals on 110 in these spots.

NO MORE AAD. HOW SAD!

Since AAD IS GONE, I REALLY HAVE NO REASON FOR WANTING DISH, When my 2yr commitment is up for my HOPPER, I will drop DISH I became a DISH customer in 2001. Distant Networks were the reason. Now That gone. It's going to hurt Dish. More people will move to DIRECTV because of the other advantages DIRECTV offers. I will be one of those.

By the way is there anyway to watch Distant Networks over the Internet or by Smart Phone?

Since AAD IS GONE, I REALLY HAVE NO REASON FOR WANTING DISH, When my 2yr commitment is up for my HOPPER, I will drop DISH I became a DISH customer in 2001. Distant Networks were the reason. Now That gone. It's going to hurt Dish. More people will move to DIRECTV because of the other advantages DIRECTV offers. I will be one of those.

By the way is there anyway to watch Distant Networks over the Internet or by Smart Phone?

Won't hurt DISH in the least, the number of people who are with DISH only because of Distants is infinitesimal. The number of people (homes not RV) that this affects is minimal if even that, and the number who would even qualify is a tiny percentage. RV's is something different but there is already a way to get the networks for them and it's possible DISH will go back to giving Distants to RV's/truckers.

There are some ways to see out of market affiliates, mostly newscasts, but if you want to watch the big four primetime programming very limited ways but they do exist.

Last edited:

I am just as disappointed as others on this topic. I still don't see it as a reason to drop Dish just yet.

I don't doubt he would get a different service if Distants was the only reason he had DISH. Where I disagree is thinking not having ADD available will somehow create a mass exodus, or any perceptible exodus.

Hey that .0001% of Dish Customers with Distants is gonna kill their profits when they leave :rolleyes:

The problem is that every thing adds up eventually. Only a few may leave because of this, then there is no WWE PPV, then there are rate hikes, etc. Slowly but surely the pay TV system is driving away its customers.

The problem is that every thing adds up eventually. Only a few may leave because of this, then there is no WWE PPV, then there are rate hikes, etc. Slowly but surely the pay TV system is driving away its customers.
Revolution is more effective in small amounts over time...makes things less traumatic.

wiTV It is Internet for Worldwide

Consult with FTA discussion boards here on Sat Guys and do IxQuick searches for similar FTA info.

Oddly enough DISH can get you Brasilian Networks but you need to know Portuguese.

Take a ride in Curitiba, Brasil. About the size of Chicago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4usK1TC8_js&feature=c4-overview&list=UU9lddKe0rg5QKyZszpEQV4w

why is channel 907-913 still showing?

They probably just haven't been removed yet. On channel 115 I still have Esquire is moving to 191 and that was moved months ago. So if you are still receiving network programming I just figure AAD hasn't killed the signal yet and DISH hasn't removed the channels from the transponder so consider yourself lucky for getting these channels for a little bit longer until they shut them off.

If you only look at 119 this may be true, but the blue oval in west-central Texas is covered by s spot beams on 110 and 61.5. Lubbock Texas has HD and SD locals on 61.5 and SD locals on 110 in these spots.

I agree therefore dish & DirecTV also use complementary feeds out of secondary satellites, I just want to add:
Spot Beam EIRP better know as footprints are projections based upon antenna gain and transponder power.....
so their projections could have flaws in the real world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts