? about DNS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajah

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I currently have DNS and would like to know about getting the HD feed from them. I get east and west feeds but notice on the guide there are HD west feeds. When I click on them I get channel not purchased. Is there anyway I can get them without losing my east feeds? I have had this package for over 6 years and have never changed it and I would like to keep both feeds. Has anybody else got these channels and the HD feed and if you do how do you go about it

You'll need to ask DIRECTV for them before anything happens.

After you ask for them, DIRECTV will attempt to qualify you for them. If you get waivers, you'll have them available. If you don't, you won't. HD DNS is not tied to SD DNS.

If I ask for the HD is there a chance I could lose the feed that I do have. I have noticed that people do not qualify for them like they did way back then. I don't want to do anything that could mess with what I have.

I currently have DNS and would like to know about getting the HD feed from them. I get east and west feeds but notice on the guide there are HD west feeds. When I click on them I get channel not purchased. Is there anyway I can get them without losing my east feeds? I have had this package for over 6 years and have never changed it and I would like to keep both feeds. Has anybody else got these channels and the HD feed and if you do how do you go about it

Since (again) we don't know WHERE you are, or what kind of HD receiver(s) or dishes you have...

The FCC change the law so that on HD DNS, you can't get feeds that are at an earlier time zone than your own. (west coast folks CANNOT get the east coast feeds to see prog 3 hours earlier) So to keep things simple, D* simply allows HD DBS subs in the East/Central time zone to ONLY get NY HD DNS, while allowing Mountain/West time zones to ONLY get LA HD DNS.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)