Status
Please reply by conversation.

farwest5050

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Austin,TX
Hello guys:
I am new in this and need some help.I live in Austin,Texas. My system is a Lexium7000 receiver,a Sadun 180 C-band dish and a 621 C/KU band LNBF.I locked Satmex5 perfectly but when I do a blind scan only a few transponders appear(10) Therefore,I got only all the mexican channels(Edusat and UNAM),RTV Guerrero,LVM and Guatevision.I can't get any transponder for dominican or hondurian channels.o I need to get another more powerful LNBF that is only for C-band?
I would appreciate some help from anyone...Regards,
Israel.

Welcome farwest5050. :)

Have you tried entering the tp info for the transponders you are seeking and doing a manual scan?

Sometimes things that won't pop up in a blind scan can be brought in with a manual scan.

I'm not real familiar with that sat so I don't know what is strong and weak on it.

Also, are you receiving some horizontal and some vertical tps...or just one polarity?

Another thought, if you are just receiving the stronger transponders your dish may require better alignment, make sure feed is centered/at proper focal length and aiming at center of dish, f/d ratio adjustment, etc.

I am assuming this is a fixed dish (not motorized)? Do you have your LNBF skewed properly?

Alot of the transpdoners on 116.8 are DVB-S2 which that receiver does not do

But there is still a handful that it should pick up

verify the signals you want with lyngsat.com to see if your receiver can get them . some signals might be dbs-s2
dbs-s2 might be harder to receive with a smaller dish , maybe one of the others here can verify they can be received with a Sadoun 180 C-band dish.

looks lke Ice beat me to it ;)

Most of the Sat 5 TP need to be entering manuallly and do a manual scan. Teleantillas is strong, telemicro is a little weaker and 3998 is extremelly weaker so you need to work with your tweaking in order to get them

Thank you Iceberg,carlospr43,gabshere and phlatwound.Well,my system is motorized and I don't need to set any skew angle.I also have tried to scan the TP manually but without results.The channels I am looking for are all DVB-S so my Lexium DBS7000 receiver is capable to get them,I guess.I have gotten other channels tht are in that format.Also the receiver scan both,V and H polarities automatically.Besides,how to perform the f/d adjustment?

Thank you Iceberg.Yes,the signals that I am looking for are DVB-s and Lyngsat active.I know other guys whose live northenrn and can watch all the dominican channels.I think I am under the Satmex5's stronger footprint.

Hi lak7 and thank you.My signal quality reading for Guatevision is 72% I also tried to scan Teleantillas(4009 V- SR6379) manually this morning but ...nothing...

You might try deleting the desired transponders, then reentering them, and trying to manual scan again.

I don't know why but sometimes that will get them to come in.

You might need a bigger dish - you can't beat physics after all (6' dish is not 2 deg sat spacing compliant, a 10' or larger is). But first things first, I concur about working on dish peaking and especially getting a DVB-S2 receiver with MPEG-4 video/AAC and AC-3 audio decoding capability - many of the Dominican and Honduran channels (and Mexican channels for that matter) are upgrading from DVB-S to DVB-S2, putting them out of reach of your Lexium receiver. As those channels upgrade, they also change frequency or symbol rate frequently because of adding or deleting video and audio services from their multiple channel signal, so not even a recent report may have the right signal parameters. The FEC is not too extreme on those DVB-S2 signals so it might be doable on an extremely fine tuned 6' dish with no nearby interfering signals coming from Anik F3 C-band.

I CAN'T GET THE DOMINICAN CHANNELS YET AT SATMEX5.

HELLO GUYS,HOPE YOU ALL DOING WELL.
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL WAYS WITH MY SAT SYSTEM SUCH AS RE-ALIGN THE DISH AND ROTATE THE lnbf BOTH WAYS.ONLY lVM(La VOZ De Maria) jumps in my TV.THE REST OF CHANNELS HAVE MORE THAN 73% ON QUALITY SIGNAL.DEFINITELY I WILL TRY ANOTHER LNBF OR MAYBE I WOULD NEED TO ADD A SIGNAL AMPLIFIER...WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT GUYS??
REGARDS.

not sure about the exact channels you are wanting, but alot of TPs there are mpeg-4 and/or dvb-s2....if you only have an mpeg-2 dvb-s receiver you will not get any of those TPs

A "SIGNAL AMPLIFIER" will do nothing for getting a weak signal to come in. If there's little signal getting to the LNBF, an amplifier will only increase NOISE. The ONLY amplifier that will work is a bigger dish. Get's more signal into the feed horn/LNBF
Most LNBF's are pretty equal. 60 or 70db gain means nothing in relation to what it will 'pull in'. The higher gain figure units will probably be able to be used on a slightly longer coax run, nothing more.
If you want/desire a V8 powered 6ft dish, install an orthomode C band feed.(outfitted with 2 LNB's and a modded multiswitch)
Just because you're in "
Satmex5's stronger footprint" doesn't mean all transponders are equally strong. The power level is determined at the uplink facility. It could be anything.
Something else to check: Higher FEC transponders require you to capture more signal at the LNBF than a low FEC transponder. If this is the case, carefully optimize the dish and LNBF for max performance. If that's 'maxed out' a bigger dish is required.
FWIW- I spent almost 2 weeks of evenings carefully aligning my 10ft dish and 'tweaking' the LNBF last fall. Well worth the time spent.

Last edited:
Thank you phlatwound. I have scaned every desired TP on satmex5 manualy without results.Those channels are DVB-s so that is not the problem for my Lexium7000.

Thank you FaT Air.So I will dischard out the signal amplifier thought.That obviusly will increase NOISE.Getting a bigger dish will be my last option due to space and money spends.BTW,I got almost all channels fron satmex6 instead.I get very strong and stable signal.I also have heard that satmex5 will be swaped out by the new satmex8 in september.They say this one will have much better performance.Have you heard about?
Regards.

Thank you Mikey11. I am interested in Teleunion,Megavision41,Teleantillas,Colorvision,Coral tv and others from Honduras.
Here some TP for those channels:
4009 V 6379
3996 V 15730
4031 V 15200
4044 V 4300
4134 H 4400
4096 H 3255

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)