About to renew

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I've had Sirius for 3 years and am about to renew for my 4th year. Any chance of getting a year of truck listening and online listening for $100? If not, I'm done and am gonna just use Pandora.

I got the price increase letter from the CEO and if they think I'm paying $200 + for a year of service they are out of their f'ing minds!

How do you strike a deal with them for that much? I'm paying $35 a month for two radios!

Call em and tell them you want to cancel. When they ask why, just say the service is getting too expensive.
I've gotten multiple offers from them ($25 for 5 months, 46 for 6 months) All depends on your CSR and if you don't like yours or they're being a pain, hang up and play csr roulette again.

My neighbor called in today(wednesday) and asked about the price and they told him 179.00 for 1 year and he said wanted to cancel they transferred him and he got it for 79.00 for 1 year :)

I renewed my truck subscription and online listening for like $108 for the year after taxes and fees.

When I called I said I wanted to cancel. The guy asked why so I said to expensive and Pandora is free. He made the offer and I accepted.

Just got the 5 for $25 deal, this morning. Called to cancel and they first offered 1 year at half price; 5 for $25 or just two free months. $5.00 a month, I will buy it for the NHL and MLB coverage. Otherwise, they can keep it and I can get almost everything I want on my tune-in app for my Iphone.

After getting dozens of letters for my 1 deactivated radio I broke down and took the 6 mo for $25 offer. In December they can re-up this radio for the same deal or I will deactivate it again until the next letter comes.....XM has gotten way to expensive over the years.

My neighbor just renewed his and he received a year for $75 after saying he was going to cancel :)

My neighbor just renewed his and he received a year for $75 after saying he was going to cancel :)

Yep, that's the magic word to use with Sirius/XM. Call them up just before your subscription expires and ask to cancel. When they ask why, say it is too expensive for the service. The CSR should come up with a counter offer. They have been offering $25 for 5 months, $30 for 6 months or $77 for a year (plus taxes and royalty fees). Some have been able to get the internet streaming included with those prices. If the CSR doesn't offer one of these deals, just say you want to think about it and hang up. Call back and play CSR roulette until you get an acceptable deal.

+1 I told my neighbor to tell them you want to cancel and they would give you better deal and they did :)

Called and the CSR overseas of course. He told me that it would be $175.00. I told him that I can't afford that amount and wished to cancel the service. He transferred me to customer retention. I spoke with a CSR from Canada. He said let me see what I can do. The one year renewal was $89.00. I was credited with the fourteen days left from the previous year.

Congrats :) It is amazing you have to threaten to cancel for them to come down on their price :)

XM CSR/ XM Cuss-Somemore Service.

I just got off the telephone with XM Cuss-Somemore Service
rolleyes.gif
I got both radios for a total of $177.32, I even got the internet feed included in that price package.
deal.gif
coffee.gif
My service was to end on 6-14-12 I guess they are hurting for customers. The bill that they sent me was for a combined total of $269.28.
doh.gif

I did this on the 10th of May.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts