Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kpr711

Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Need a little advice, currently have D with all channels and genie. All hardwired to internet etc...service is pretty good. I pay $190.00 per mo. I have uverse internet and phone, so that's another 88.00 per month.
Comcast has offers for all three around 190.00 per month. Rising to 240-50 after promotional period. I also intend on getting the new xbox one, and utalizing the integration it has for cable and sat.
Long story short...should I stay or go, I live in Chicago and have had D for over 10yrs. Just want some opinions from people who have made the switch or have similar experiences.
Thanks.

It would appear that cost isn't a consideration for you based on your monthly costs now. I always look at programming first. If you went to Comcast would you still get the channels you want? What about picture quality? In some areas Comcast is comparable to Directv, in others not so much. Is there anyway for you to check on that?

Cost is a factor, going cable seems to save me about 40-60 per month. But when I last had cable, 10+ years ago, I hated it, outages, customer service etc...maybe some Chicago area subscribers can weigh in on the picture quality.
Thanks for the reply

Have you tried getting some programming discounts from Directv? Being a long time subscriber can usually get you something off.

If I had a HR34/HR44 there is no way I'd go back to a 2 tuner DVR....unless they gave me at least 2 for free :)

Ooma phone

Like madmadworld and royrdsjr, I have Ooma phone and it's been great for me. It cost me a hundred and fifty for the Ooma voip modem and forty dollars to port our phone number to it, but it was well worth it. The monthly savings over the past year has more than recouped my initial investment and now we only pay 3.71 a month for our phone service. We were paying almost forty a month to the cable company previously.

Like madmadworld and royrdsjr, I have Ooma phone and it's been great for me. It cost me a hundred and fifty for the Ooma voip modem and forty dollars to port our phone number to it, but it was well worth it. The monthly savings over the past year has more than recouped my initial investment and now we only pay 3.71 a month for our phone service. We were paying almost forty a month to the cable company previously.
before i bought the Omma unit($100) put out some feelers and a friend of a friend was using in it for her business she sold me. if her phone does not work she has no business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)