AL Central 2010

Yep, I was just going to mention the Tigers made Bonderman the team's fourth starter and Willis the fifth starter after trading Nate Robertson to the Marlins. Will the Tigers' youthful moves pay-off this season?

Well have to see what happens when the games start to count, but what I've see from Austin Jackson so far I've really liked.

He's been patient at bat , something the yankees found hard for him to do, maybe moving out of the bright lights of NY he can relax and bloom into a budding star.

His Defense is as good if not better than Granderson's as much as I like CG out there, Jackson plays very well out there and has MORE speed, of course were not at Comerica yet and I have no idea what the Lakeland stadium is like in comparison.

As for Sizemore, from what I've heard, he's a better hitter than fielder, but his fielding has been very good so far.

Don Kelly has been slamming the door down trying to make the club for the last few years, looks like he's made it this year, he's been very impressive so far and can play all over the field.

My guesses for the AL Central this year will go like this:

1. Detroit (if the hitting comes thru)
2. Minnesota (they are always tough down the stretch)
3. Chicago ( Pitching will carry them as far as they can go)
4. Cleveland and KC. is a toss up.
Probably Cleveland for # 4 and KC # 5

fwiw, #1 and #2 could easily flip flop as well.

My guesses for the AL Central this year will go like this:

1. Detroit (if the hitting comes thru)
2. Minnesota (they are always tough down the stretch)
3. Chicago ( Pitching will carry them as far as they can go)
4. Cleveland and KC. is a toss up.
Probably Cleveland for # 4 and KC # 5

fwiw, #1 and #2 could easily flip flop as well.
Even if the hitting does come through, there are just too many questions about the 4th and 5th positions in their pitching rotation for me to pick Detroit any higher than 2nd going into Opening Day. Anyway, let's hope everything comes together this season!!! :)

Even if the hitting does come through, there are just too many questions about the 4th and 5th positions in their pitching rotation for me to pick Detroit any higher than 2nd going into Opening Day. Anyway, let's hope everything comes together this season!!! :)

The Twins rotation at #4 and 5 is no better, no team has solid 5 starters.

Personally, like I've said many times, I would go back to a 4 man rotation.

If you think about it, most teams win their division at around .650 winning percentage, thats winning about 2 out of 3 games.
With a 4 man rotation this is easier to achieve.

Alright, I'm giving in. It's opening day. Optimism is at it's highest and I'm buying in for better or for worse. Despite having the lowest payroll in the AL Central this year, I'm calling the Indians to surprise the world and make a race out of it... for a while.

Look for these young Injuns to come screaming out of the gates! Go Tribe!!!!

Alright, I'm giving in. It's opening day. Optimism is at it's highest and I'm buying in for better or for worse. Despite having the lowest payroll in the AL Central this year, I'm calling the Indians to surprise the world and make a race out of it... for a while.

Didn't you say that last year? :haha

:D:D:D
I would hope your excited for the new season, everybody is within 1 game of 1st place today !!!!!

Nice to see the Tigers atop the division - would love to see them in 1st from start-to-finish. :)

They were for quite a while last year, IF they get out to a division lead and play solid ball to a comfortable lead, like last year first half, they need to learn how to FINISH people off, no mercy, last year they had way too many games that they should have won and didn't.

Winning teams finish them off and WIN when they should.

They need to develop a killer instinct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts