AL Central 2010

Twins lost is one of those bizarre ones....good lord the end was bizarre

Twins down by 1 in 9th....JJ Hardy on 1st and PH Thome hits a bomb to Left Center. It hits the wall and bounces straight back to the LF who hits the relay man. Now the 3rd base coach already made up his mind that Hardy was going to try and score. uh, not the best move there Scotty Ulger.

Well they say "he was out by 10 feet?"....Hardy was out by no lie 75 feet :eek:

The camera angle they showed on the last play was crazy. The SS (cutoff man) already had the ball and hardy was just starting to round 3rd. Pierzynski had the ball and could have eaten a sandwich and taken a nap before Hardy came to home plate. Now that I think of it, he was out by 60 feet. AJ was 10-15 feet up the line waiting

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7393789

Last edited:
Twins lost is one of those bizarre ones....good lord the end was bizarre

Twins down by 1 in 9th....JJ Hardy on 1st and PH Thome hits a bomb to Left Center. It hits the wall and bounces straight back to the LF who hits the relay man. Now the 3rd base coach already made up his mind that Hardy was going to try and score. uh, not the best move there Scotty Ulger.

Well they say "he was out by 10 feet?"....Hardy was out by no lie 75 feet :eek:

The camera angle they showed on the last play was crazy. The SS (cutoff man) already had the ball and hardy was just starting to round 3rd. Pierzynski had the ball and could have eaten a sandwich and taken a nap before Hardy came to home plate. Now that I think of it, he was out by 60 feet. AJ was 10-15 feet up the line waiting

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MIN@CWS: Teahen throws out Hardy to end the game - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

Wow .....

I remember one announcer and it might have been Ernie Harwell calling a play like that with a
"He's gonna be out from here to there" :D

yeah I guess the 3rd base coach figured the ball would have bounced left or right after hitting the wall but the LF played it so close to the wall that he got lucky with it bouncing right to him

What a game today .... they fought hard for this win and got several breaks to get it.

The bases loaded walk to PH Damon was crucial, and the passed ball to win it.
The team at the moment have no quit in them, trailing 5-0 after 1 and 8-3 in the 7th I had my doubts about them winning this one.

Schweet!!!

btw, the bases loaded walk to Damon was on 4 pitches, I don't think Damon even got the bat off his shoulder.
All 4 were in the same spot outside and I don't think any of them were really close.

...for a moment or two, until the fans realize how much better the new ballpark is over that awful Metrodome. Baseball is an outdoor sport meant to be played on grass. Enjoy the new ballpark Iceberg. :)

I agree. One of my favorite moments in Spring is visiting a professional ballpark for the first time, smelling & seeing that freshly cut grass for the first time of the season. That to me symbolizes that Spring is finally here and there's no more reason to be couped up inside!

...for a moment or two, until the fans realize how much better the new ballpark is over that awful Metrodome. Baseball is an outdoor sport meant to be played on grass. Enjoy the new ballpark Iceberg. :)

so true. A couple weeks ago I went and saw a college baseball game at Mall of America Field (the Metrodome) and I thought "damn it will be so nice to watch baseball outside...soon" :)

The Metrodome is still used for college and amateur baseball.

Play ball!

I'm at the Tribe's home opener. 92 year old Bob Feller just threw the ceremonial first pitch from the rubber and for a strike! God bless him!

maybe he can stay on for a few more innings, or at least come in for the 8th and 9th lord knows we need all the help we can get (and yes even from a 91 year old) :).

Mike Holmgren is sitting 6 rows in front of me. When they put his picture on the jumbotron, he got a standing ovation. You've got toove the passion in this city!

Just shook Mike's hand as he left and wished him luck. My section broke out with a Browns chant in the middle of the baseball game: "here we go Brownies, here we go, woof woof!"

This town will always be a football town first and foremost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts