AL Central 2010

The starters better get it together...Bullpen cant keep going on like this

Tom,
It's not been that the bats have woke up as much as the opposing pitchers that have shut them down consistantly this year so far , have managed to either have a high pitch count or had one bad 8inning that took them out of the game, THEN the Tigers bats have hammered the opposing bullpens.

Once they get to the teams that have pitchers that can go longer and are better you better hope that the bats have woke up long before this happens.

Remember, most pitchers are not going 7 or 8 or 9 innings yet, so the pens have to come in.
Otoh, the Tigers starting pitching has been poor so far, but I expect it to come around soon.
JV and Scherzer can't continue to only make it thru 5 innings, their pitch counts have been rising WAY too quickly.

Leyland mentioned something about that to JV last week that he needs to get quick outs and don't be throwing pitches that are not needed.

I agree. 6-2 is a whole lot better than 2-6, but we'll know how good the Tigers really are at the conclusion of their upcoming 11-game roadtrip.

Riff

Lets hope to be on the positive side of this 11 game road trip.
We should learn something about the Tigers by the end of it, they will be playing better teams, lets see if they can play up to the competition.

They need to QUIT falling behind so much and quickly.

The remote will get plenty of work tonight between the Wings and Tigers both playing at 10 pm.

The remote will get plenty of work tonight between the Wings and Tigers both playing at 10 pm.

Mine won't.

The games on FSD+ HD (664-1) tonight but still in SD (with pillarboxes). commercials are in HD though. I noticed they finally fixed the guide info too (says FSDaHD now). Looks hopeful for games on FSD+ in actual HD soon.

Mine won't.

The games on FSD+ HD (664-1) tonight but still in SD (with pillarboxes). commercials are in HD though. I noticed they finally fixed the guide info too (says FSDaHD now). Looks hopeful for games on FSD+ in actual HD soon.

FSN D+ is not HD till Nov. '10

The SD channel looks absolutely crappy.
Really too hard to watch, so I've been watching a few minutes at a time while the Wings are on a commercial or intermission.

Tigers pitching is flailing...embarrassing loss last night at Seatle

Yes, surprising it's been the Starting pitching that has faltered.
Of course they may not be stretched out enough to go 7-9 innings, but you'd certainly expect them to pitch the first 6 solid. (speaking of the top 3)

This is Verlander's chance to get it going tonight, expecting better results tonight.

Question :
It's the WEEKEND, why do we have to have games on at 10 PM est, is there REALLY a reason that the Mariners cannot play weekend games at 4pm pst ? other west coast teams as well, not just the Mariners.

It's no wonder MLB continues to lose they younger population when games are not started till most are in bed or too late to go to the games and be in bed at a decent hour.

This is just STUPID ....

Yes, surprising it's been the Starting pitching that has faltered.
Of course they may not be stretched out enough to go 7-9 innings, but you'd certainly expect them to pitch the first 6 solid. (speaking of the top 3)

This is Verlander's chance to get it going tonight, expecting better results tonight.

Question :
It's the WEEKEND, why do we have to have games on at 10 PM est, is there REALLY a reason that the Mariners cannot play weekend games at 4pm pst ? other west coast teams as well, not just the Mariners.

It's no wonder MLB continues to lose they younger population when games are not started till most are in bed or too late to go to the games and be in bed at a decent hour.

This is just STUPID ....

I don't agree with it, but it's because of the Fox exclusive window on Saturday's.

What I don't understand is this: The Fox window goes until 7:00pm ET. WHY??!! then can't the Tigers-Mariners game start at 7:00 ET (4:00 local time)? :confused:

Lets hope to be on the positive side of this 11 game road trip.
We should learn something about the Tigers by the end of it, they will be playing better teams, lets see if they can play up to the competition.

They need to QUIT falling behind so much and quickly.

Starting rotation hasn't been all we hoped for, has it?