AL Central 2010

Tigers have played .711 ball at home, I'm not expecting them to keep that pace up.
IF they play .600 ball at home the rest of the way, they will fall WAY short of winning or even coming in the ballpark.

They are currently playing .372 on the road.

IF they somehow could move that up to maybe even .500 ball, thats 18-18 ...

Playing .650 ball at home would give them another 24 wins + 18 on the road (and thats a stretch .... thats 42 wins added to the 48 they currently have that puts them at 90 wins and I doubt thats enough to win it.

I'm guessing 92 to win ...

Even .650 ball at home will be a chore with the teams coming in.

I guess we may as well move on over to the Football season .....

The central plays each other a lot the second half. Minny probably has the easier schedule but I think first to 90 does it.

A quick run down of the Tigers schedule shows a lot of games in the EAST as well as the Central:

NY 4
Boston 3
TB 7
Tor 8

Wh Sox 14
Twins 6

Texas 5
Angels 3

Those are the majority of the remaining schedule, most of it is against top teams.
This team often plays up to the competition, lets hope so they'll need to.

50 of the remaining games are against pretty good teams

Sure they will, Tigers fans are diehards, they even go to road games. Did you hear them today, they started chanting let's go Tigers. There were probably more Tigers fans in Cleveland today than Indians fans.
That isnt saying much honestly. Its like when the Twins fans go to KC....its a fun road trip and the opponent isnt having a good season. Milwaukee use to be fun when they both were int he AL....still fun though :)

I didn't see many fans at all in the stands today.

I posted that earlier ;)

looked like there was about 10000 folks there for the day game

A quick run down of the Tigers schedule shows a lot of games in the EAST as well as the Central:

NY 4
Boston 3
TB 7
Tor 8

Wh Sox 14
Twins 6

Texas 5
Angels 3

Those are the majority of the remaining schedule, most of it is against top teams.
This team often plays up to the competition, lets hope so they'll need to.

50 of the remaining games are against pretty good teams

White Sox against the same teams

NY 3
Boston 7
TB 0
Tor 0

Det 14
Twins 8

Texas 0
Angels 3

White Sox only have 35 games against those same teams.

Boesch had a really good at bat, 2nd time around. He only got a walk but I think he was back on track. Now if he can only stop swinging at bad first pitches, he'll be ok.

See his average dropped by 11 points already?

I'm betting Inge will go yard this game. He looks like he's dialed in and if he sees this guy again, he just might go deep on him.

Looks like Action Jackson is back.

Please expand on your thoughts, what would you do ?

Just curious .... :)
Bring in R. Lee Ermey for a little motivational, "Listen Up, Maggots" speech followed by bends-and-thrusts and various other disciplinary exercises in the sand pit. Perhaps implementing a curfew, bed checks and restricting other priviledges would also help the team focus their "attention to detail" and start working together as a team while on the road.

Bottom Line: it's time to stop mollycoddling these non-hackers until they start performing at an acceptable level away from the friendly confines of Comerica Park. ;)

R._Lee_Glock.jpg
R+Lee+Ermey.jpg

Bring in R. Lee Ermey for a little motivational, "Listen Up, Maggots" speech followed by bends-and-thrusts and various other disciplinary exercises in the sand pit. Perhaps implementing a curfew, bed checks and restricting other priviledges would also help the team focus their "attention to detail" and start working together as a team while on the road.

Bottom Line: it's time to stop mollycoddling these non-hackers until they start performing at an acceptable level away from the friendly confines of Comerica Park. ;)

R._Lee_Glock.jpg
R+Lee+Ermey.jpg

Would he say "What is your major malfunction?!"

WEEI's Dennis and Callahan to be simulcast live on NESN

Don't look now, but Steve Lavin is making St. John's relevant again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)