AL Central 2010

Glad to hear...it's not easy to deal with the Twinkies fans when they're in 1st and you're in 3rd. Of course, the weekend sweep sure helps! :)

Congrats on the sweep. The Tigers came to play many of our second string and September call ups.

Two things that don't change following the weekend sweep:
1. Tigers won't make the playoffs AGAIN
2. Tigers lost the season Series 10-9

A quick look at the three teams that were fighting for the AL Central at the ASG break.

The Twins obviously put together a great 2nd half, like they always do and have gone 44-21 since then.

The Wh Sox are .500 34-34

The Tigers are not as bad as I would have thought, they are 5 games under .500 at 32-37 since the ASG.

If you want to look at the REALLY bad with the Tigers, they were 10 games OVER .500 at the break (and had started thier slide a bit at the time) .
So they actually lost 5 games in the standings (?) they were 10 up and now are 5 up ?

Does that make sense ?

The twins sure didn't play like a first place team during this weekend sweep.
yep must be nice to see the Tigers beat up on the backups and September callups. Must give them a warm and fuzzy feeling because after Sunday the Tigers are done for the year while the Twins keep going along :)

I hope the Yankees get to finish them off again in the post season.

Boy the last 3 or 4 posts from you have been the same thing....jealous?
Funny how you show up when the Tigers were in 1st for about 4 days but then after they free fall :D you only show up to bash the Twins

Frankly I'd rather lose a couple meaningless games with backups and be resting the starters than have a starter get hurt and then be out for the playoffs.

A quick look at the three teams that were fighting for the AL Central at the ASG break.

The Twins obviously put together a great 2nd half, like they always do and have gone 44-21 since then.

The Wh Sox are .500 34-34

The Tigers are not as bad as I would have thought, they are 5 games under .500 at 32-37 since the ASG.

If you want to look at the REALLY bad with the Tigers, they were 10 games OVER .500 at the break (and had started thier slide a bit at the time) .
So they actually lost 5 games in the standings (?) they were 10 up and now are 5 up ?

Does that make sense ?

Detroit went from 1/2 GB back and 10 Over .500 to 12 back now only 5 games over. So as I see they lost 11-1/2 games in real world.

Just imagine the possibilities if the Twins would have had MVP candidate Justin Morneau after July 7th. Where would Detroit before without Miguel?

For the record Miguel should win the MVP because without him the Tigers would be 10 under .500

Congrats to the Twins on winning the Division and good luck in the playoffs! :up Having said that, and after casting aside all social pleasantries, please know that we hate you...we hate your guts...and we have pennant envy! :rolleyes: Of course, as gracious winners you have no choice but to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous Team Twinkie epithets...all the while keeping your pie-holes silent. :p

yep must be nice to see the Tigers beat up on the backups and September callups. Must give them a warm and fuzzy feeling because after Sunday the Tigers are done for the year while the Twins keep going along :)

Boy the last 3 or 4 posts from you have been the same thing....jealous?
Funny how you show up when the Tigers were in 1st for about 4 days but then after they free fall :D you only show up to bash the Twins

Frankly I'd rather lose a couple meaningless games with backups and be resting the starters than have a starter get hurt and then be out for the playoffs.

Sorry Ice, but the Tigers were in first place for quite abit longer than 4 days.
How about most of the first half of the season.

Also, you seem to be able to use your Sept call up and a crutch, but the Tigers started about 4-5 rookies in thier line up ALL YEAR.

That said, I hope the Twins get thier act together soon.

Who is this 3rd baseman they are playing and what happened to the regular guy.

Detroit went from 1/2 GB back and 10 Over .500 to 12 back now only 5 games over. So as I see they lost 11-1/2 games in real world.

Just imagine the possibilities if the Twins would have had MVP candidate Justin Morneau after July 7th. Where would Detroit before without Miguel?

For the record Miguel should win the MVP because without him the Tigers would be 10 under .500

Actually they would be in the same spot.
The Twins lost Morneau and the Tigers lost Ordonez.
The Tigers started falling when Ordonez went down.

Without Cabrera they would not be in the AL Central.

Congrats on the sweep. The Tigers came to play many of our second string and September call ups.

Two things that don't change following the weekend sweep:
1. Tigers won't make the playoffs AGAIN
2. Tigers lost the season Series 10-9

Give me a break pal - we've had 4-5 rookies playing every night all season.

Sorry Ice, but the Tigers were in first place for quite abit longer than 4 days.
How about most of the first half of the season.
I think you mean the Twins
Tigers were in 1st place a total of 13 days this year
2010 Detroit Tigers Schedule, Box Scores and Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

most days consecutive...7

Also, you seem to be able to use your Sept call up and a crutch, but the Tigers started about 4-5 rookies in thier line up ALL YEAR.
um, a guy who plays all year versus guys who have played 1/2 dozen games.....yeah thats the same.

Who is this 3rd baseman they are playing and what happened to the regular guy.

Danny Valencia is playing in place of Nick Punto who has been injured for a while

By the way....days Twins have been in 1st...120 :)

Last edited:
I think you mean the Twins
Tigers were in 1st place a total of 13 days this year
2010 Detroit Tigers Schedule, Box Scores and Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

most days consecutive...7

um, a guy who plays all year versus guys who have played 1/2 dozen games.....yeah thats the same.

Danny Valencia is playing in place of Nick Punto who has been injured for a while

By the way....days Twins have been in 1st...120 :)

Doesn't matter, the season is over.
Are you sure about the 13 days, that seems low, but I'll take your word for it, if your within 3-4 games all year, your pretty good, except the second half the Tigers were not.

Will Punto be back in time for the playoffs ?

What were you trying to say about the guy playing half a dozen games ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Doesn't matter, the season is over.
Are you sure about the 13 days, that seems low, but I'll take your word for it, if your within 3-4 games all year, your pretty good, except the second half the Tigers were not.
the link I posted has how many days a team was in 1st (days total and days where a team played)
Days in First 13 last on Saturday, Jul 10, counts only the days a team played and was in first at the end of the day
16 last on Jul 10, counts all days of the season including off days

Will Punto be back in time for the playoffs ?
yeah he just came back

What were you trying to say about the guy playing half a dozen games ?

you're saying you had rookies play all year. What I was saying is that guys who come up for September and maybe have played 6 games in the majors cant compare to a rookie that played all year....yeah they're both rookies but its not the same.

the link I posted has how many days a team was in 1st (days total and days where a team played)
Days in First 13 last on Saturday, Jul 10, counts only the days a team played and was in first at the end of the day
16 last on Jul 10, counts all days of the season including off days

yeah he just came back

you're saying you had rookies play all year. What I was saying is that guys who come up for September and maybe have played 6 games in the majors cant compare to a rookie that played all year....yeah they're both rookies but its not the same.
ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts