AL CENTRAL

This will be an interesting off season, as the Tigers have a few areas to address.

Don't they ALWAYS have holes to fill, EVERY year.

To add to your list :
Why was Rodney going into his 4th inning pitched, he's gone 2 TOPs all year.

Why not bring in JV in the 11th or 12th ?
Randy Johnson did that to pick up Curt Schilling and that worked out pretty well.
I would have NEVER pulled Porcello when he did.
Leyland should have gone out and had one of his quick chats with him and left him in. ( the chats seem to work well)

Leyland did everything he could. He doesn't play the game, just manages it. What did you want, a Knute Rockne speech? The tiger's are woefully under-talented at a few spots, and the rest of the team under-achieved all season. This title wasn't lost yesterday, it was lost in any of the 70 plus games they lost in April, May, June, etc.... given the talent on this team, Leyland was lucky to get them this far. He has forgotten more about baseball than anybody here will ever know about the game. He is highly respected by others who know more then we do.

The Tigers managed to lose about 10-20 games this year where you just said, well the Blew that one ...... They could have wrapped up the division by 10 games had they played at ALL consistent thru the year.

Don't they ALWAYS have holes to fill, EVERY year.

To add to your list :
Why was Rodney going into his 4th inning pitched, he's gone 2 TOPs all year.

Why not bring in JV in the 11th or 12th ?
Randy Johnson did that to pick up Curt Schilling and that worked out pretty well.
I would have NEVER pulled Porcello when he did.
Leyland should have gone out and had one of his quick chats with him and left him in. ( the chats seem to work well)

Porcello was within 10 pitches of his highest pitch count already. He was going out after that inning anyhow.

Lyons, Huff, Washburn, and Everett are also FA's,

Huff, Washburn-Gone

Lyons, Everett-resigned from what it sounds like

Everett makes about a million a year and that's where things will be payroll wise.

Sounds like Santiago or another young guy will be playing 2nd if Pilanco isn't resigned.

guillen is up in the air as well. Domborski addressed the media today and this is bits and pieces of what I caught him saying.

Huff, Washburn-Gone

Lyons, Everett-resigned from what it sounds like

Everett makes about a million a year and that's where things will be payroll wise.

Sounds like Santiago or another young guy will be playing 2nd if Pilanco isn't resigned.

guillen is up in the air as well. Domborski addressed the media today and this is bits and pieces of what I caught him saying.

Guillen is still signed, will be hard to trade with his contract. They have a kid named Sizemore on the farm they want to look at, but I would hate to see Polanco go. Great bat, even better glove. Everett will be here, unless they can find a bat with a comparable glove.

Get used to this team folks we are stuck with it for awhile.
Unless Mr. I says sure let's increase the payroll. Just don't see it happening.

The old guy is 80 yrs. old, and wants to see a championship before he's pushing up daisies. What's he care if the kids get a few hundred million less when he dies?

Back in the late 1980s or early 1990s, I remember listening to a post-game radio interview on the Red Sox network of a young Minnesota Twin player who had been selected Player of the Game. He actually said, "I had the good fortune of breaking into the majors on one of the greatest teams of all time. We had guys like Gary Gaetti, Tom Brunansky, Ken Hrbeck and Kirby Pucket" Honest!!

That dolt didn't realize that there had been at least half a dozen baseball teams IN THE 1970s, when he was a kid, whose talent dwarfed that of the 1987 Twins. Brunansky and Hrbeck wouldn't have even started on the 1972-1974 Oakland As, The 1971-1976 Cincinnatti Reds or the 1976-1978 New York Yankees, and the Red Sox, Dodgers and Orioles fielded better teams than the 1987 Twins as well.

But in fairness to the Twins, and with all due respect to the Oakland Athletics, they have accomplish more with less resources than has any other team in baseball.

I think you missed the emphasis of the statement, though your last sentence speaks to it. It was "great TEAM", not "GREAT team". Many collections of players have been greater, that's what makes the '87 Twins a magical team.

Been gone a few days. Watched the game on a 13" tv that occasionally shifted to b & w. It was still a great game! Hoping the Twins can overcome the NY Yankees hangover in game 1 and make a series of this.

Been gone a few days. Watched the game on a 13" tv that occasionally shifted to b & w. It was still a great game! Hoping the Twins can overcome the NY Yankees hangover in game 1 and make a series of this.

I'm glad to see the twinkies go.... :D Never mind the loser red socks. :eek::D
I predict it will come down to Dodgers and the Yankees.
Lets go Yankees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts