AL CENTRAL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Spring training starts today. Instead of starting a thread just about the TIGERS, I'm opening this up to all our fans of the AL CENTRAL. (HD MM pretty much highjacked the Tiger's thread last year with his incessant "homer" rattling about the Tribe, anyhow.:D) So this year it's fair game for everybody wishing to talk about the most competitive division top to bottom in baseball. I expect that nobody will keep this civil:D ,so lets just try not to make it personal. Post your pre-season reports and evaluations, and predictions. I'll give my pre-season evaluation of the TIGER'S, just before the season starts, after I see what the roster looks like. A sneek peek: I like what the TIGERS have done to shore up their defensive woes.

POST ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Great idea Paul.

I have a feeling I will be hanging in this thread a lot this Spring/Summer. :D As soon as I get my thoughts gathered, I will post a 2009 Preview on my Tribe.

My non-thinking/studying prediction:

1. Cleveland
2. Minnesota
3. Kansas City
4. Detroit
5. Chicago

Spring training starts today. Instead of starting a thread just about the TIGERS, I'm opening this up to all our fans of the AL CENTRAL. (HD MM pretty much highjacked the Tiger's thread last year with his incessant "homer" rattling about the Tribe, anyhow.:D) So this year it's fair game for everybody wishing to talk about the most competitive division top to bottom in baseball. I expect that nobody will keep this civil:D ,so lets just try not to make it personal. Post your pre-season reports and evaluations, and predictions. I'll give my pre-season evaluation of the TIGER'S, just before the season starts, after I see what the roster looks like. A sneek peek: I like what the TIGERS have done to shore up their defensive woes.

POST ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I like what they have done....But the two keys are Zumaya and Inge, need production from both. I will also add my two cents once some of the spring games have taken place

Chicago from first to last?

I don't see them having the starting pitching they had last year. I think Danks and Floyd will come down to earth a little bit.

I think the division is going to be tight from start to finish, though.

I like what they have done....But the two keys are Zumaya and Inge, need production from both. I will also add my two cents once some of the spring games have taken place

I agree with that also. Inge needs to return to 2006 form, moving back to third, may just be the ticket for those demon's in that kid's head. As for Zumaya, at least this winter didn't include "Guitar Hero", or moving trophies in his parent's house. In other words, no new injuries to pile on his old ones. A return to 2006 form for him may well be the most important matter to the TIGERS returning to being contenders.

Openning Day for me is the week of March 14th through the 18th(or something like that) when the World Baseball Classic comes to Marlins Stadium....yeah, yeah...I know is DOLPHINS Stadium, but they ain't using it during the baseball season so I renamed it...so there!!!!

I agree with that also. Inge needs to return to 2006 form, moving back to third, may just be the ticket for those demon's in that kid's head. As for Zumaya, at least this winter didn't include "Guitar Hero", or moving trophies in his parent's house. In other words, no new injuries to pile on his old ones. A return to 2006 form for him may well be the most important matter to the TIGERS returning to being contenders.

I heard (read) one or the other that Zumaya is throwing pain free. ....
Thats always a good sign :up

I'm thinking like you Paul, that Inge will be more comfortable at 3B and hopefully that will translate to better offense this year, knowing that he won't be bounced around. Then again if he's only hitting .200-.220, do ya leave him in there ?

Jimbo

I heard (read) one or the other that Zumaya is throwing pain free. ....
Thats always a good sign :up

I'm thinking like you Paul, that Inge will be more comfortable at 3B and hopefully that will translate to better offense this year, knowing that he won't be bounced around. Then again if he's only hitting .200-.220, do ya leave him in there ?

Jimbo

He will hit only .220. That's the price for a better defense, and defense WAS a major problem on the left side of the infield. Better defense helps your pitching staff. Nothing like seeing routine groundballs finding their way into LF, giving the opposing team an extra out. Inge is one of the best defensively at the position. Hitting? We got plenty of that in this line-up.

I for one aren't laughing. I said last season that they were up and coming. A lot of great young arms in that rotation, and they did finish ahead of my TIGERS.

I apologize in advance for this sounding wishy-washy, but I really believe any one of three teams can win this division:

The Indians and Tigers lead the pack. IMO, Carmona and Zumaya are the keys. If one or the other comes back to previous form, THAT team will win the division, if BOTH return to form it's a toss-up and if NEITHER do, that opens the door for the always pesky Twins.

Last year, I was so off about this division it wasn't even funny. I predicted both Detroit and Cleveland were world championship contenders (I had the Tigers winning the World Series). OTOH, I expected very little from both the White Sox and Twins. :eek:

This year, this division is sooooo tough to handicap, but if a gun was held to my head at THIS moment........................

1. Cleveland... 91-71
2. Detroit ........89-73
3. Minnesota....84-78
4. Chicago....... 78-84
5. Kansas City....75-87

He will hit only .220. That's the price for a better defense, and defense WAS a major problem on the left side of the infield. Better defense helps your pitching staff. Nothing like seeing routine groundballs finding their way into LF, giving the opposing team an extra out. Inge is one of the best defensively at the position. Hitting? We got plenty of that in this line-up.

Looking back at 06...they got 20 home runs and production from 6,7,8 hitters. Inge was one of those he may never be Mr. 300 but I would take 250 or so to go with his D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts