ALL VIACOMS HD ARE ON !!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got this from Dish Network...

Effective on Thursday, April 9, 2009, the following channels will launch to customers: Country Music TV HD, VH1 HD, MTV HD, Comedy Central HD, Nickelodeon (East) HD and Spike HD.

newhd0409.png
I guess Charlie got tired of waiting on BET-HD! Good for him.

so does anyone one if turbo subs are going to be getting all the new hds channels i have turbo gold only getting comedy,cmt,spike. it looks like we get screwed again and in order to get them i guess we have to pay more money so much for the hd only packages as they are now becoming a joke.

I was getting ready for TNA Wrestling when I noticed it twice in the guide. That was the sign that it has happened. BTW I do believe BET was the hold up.

As much as I enjoy getting new channels as a Turbo Silver sub, it is real disappointing that they are treating the Turbo packages as second rate. The turbo packs are what have the potential to set E* apart from everybody else but won't if they continue to treat them this way.

Last edited:
Has this been announced for E* or just MSNBC said they were going HD? Just because they are broadcasting in HD does not mean E* will get it. (I know you know that) Just with how E* does the HD there is no telling when it will show up.
No the announcement was just that MSNBC was going HD later this year. I have seen nothing announcing that it was coming to Dish Network (or DirecTV for that matter)

As much as I enjoy getting new channels as a Turbo Silver sub, it is real dissapointing that they are treating the Turbo packages as second rate. The turbo packs are what have the potential to set E* apart from everybody else but won't if they continue to treat them this way.

What's even more insulting is that Turbo Silver and Gold got no more than Absolute or Turbo Bronze. Why the large rate increases for the Turbo packages if they aren't going to get anything for it. The Classic rate increases were $3 max ($8 for DDA Classic Silver with a $5 discount) iirc. The Turbos seem to be subsidizing the Classics.

Got home at 8:55, noticed this thread and quickly Changed my DVR timer for Spike HD for tonight impact. Just watched the first few minutes. Couldnt be more happy! Spike and VH1 were basically the only HD that i wanted that dish didnt have. I for one am Satisfied. What ever they add from now on is just a bonus for me. Took longer then expected but thanks dish!:D

What's even more insulting is that Turbo Silver and Gold got no more than Absolute or Turbo Bronze. Why the large rate increases for the Turbo packages if they aren't going to get anything for it. The Classic rate increases were $3 max ($8 for DDA Classic Silver with a $5 discount) iirc. The Turbos seem to be subsidizing the Classics.

Well, given the channels being added, it was going to be a given that Silver and Gold weren't getting anything more than Bronze. The Absolute thing kind of sucks, however.

One question though - back before existing subscribers were (supposed to be) allowed to get Turbo HD, was there a special introductory rate for a new signup if you went with Turbo HD? I remember assuming that the rates were going up on Feb. 1 and that's why they weren't opening them up widely to new customers until then.

Well I just switched to Turbo Silver under the impression that I would get MTV, Nick, and VH1 this month. I am irate! Just sent Dish a nastygram, will see how that goes. Now I am really looking at U-Verse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)