Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Cool there on!!!

C

CoreyC

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 8, 2009
Hendersonville, NC
I'd not swap to a turbo unless your finances force you too, atleast not until these channels shake out. Dish is not saying whats going where, and yes turbo is getting screwe.

Its funny, arent we trying to kill SD? yet the HD only subs get the shaft?

That is insane. If you look at the DN website they seem to be pushing the HD only packages more than the classic packages. It is almost like they enjoy seeing how far they can push their customers before they move on to something else.

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Yepp, the only way to get this transition going is to PUSH and SUPPORT HD only packs. They PUSH em, prob for price and to appear cheap, but the other packages get the true love.

reddice

reddice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 13, 2004
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Glad I got Nickelodeon HD. Also I checked the other Viacom HD channels and I am glad they don't stretch there images unlike the idiots at Tuner Networks , A&E Networks and Food Networks. That is why I don't watch those networks that much. I rather watch the SD channel when they stretch there non HD content.

PHXHoward

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Wow great day, Comedy Central HD and announcement of MSNBC HD both in one day. Very happy here.

Hey will I have to redo my Comedy Central timers or will they automatically record the HD versions now?

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Wow great day, Comedy Central HD and announcement of MSNBC HD both in one day. Very happy here.

Hey will I have to redo my Comedy Central timers or will they automatically record the HD versions now?

I'm pretty sure you have to redo them.

alcheez

alcheez

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
Other Turbo subs are only getting a few of the channels? I'm Turbo Silver and I've got all 6 (doesn't look like BET was actually uplinked)

Of course, I've always had Fox News too...

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Other Turbo subs are only getting a few of the channels? I'm Turbo Silver and I've got all 6 (doesn't look like BET was actually uplinked)

Of course, I've always had Fox News too...

Yeh you have a special code on your account, I think. :) The rest of us Turbos suck, I guess. :)

PHXHoward

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
I'm watching Colbert Report right now on Comedy Central HD.

alcheez

alcheez

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yeh you have a special code on your account, I think. :) The rest of us Turbos suck, I guess. :)

Whatever it is, I'm not complaining. Though the 3 it seems like the rest of you got were actually the 3 I'd most want out of this group anyhow.

silentgarth

silentgarth

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 5, 2008
Noblesville, IN
I've got all of them. I'm on the gold package. Just waiting on my last local to upload and for them to get around to Speed HD.

PHXHoward

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
hmm no program guide data for new channels. yet. Maybe I need to update.

Lkr

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2008
now all i have to do is wait until my neighborhood gets the channels. should only take a few months :)