An Open Letter to Jim Tressel

When's the last time you guys beat anybody that was good?

When was the last time Michigan was "good"??? There's your answer. :D

Good point. Can't count any of those Michigan wins...:p

OSU did win in Texas a couple of years ago.

Sandra

Ummm,
Not to long ago OSU was # 1 and Michigan was # 2 and the Bucks beat them, the year that a lower seed went to the NC game , ..... think it was Florida , ya we know what happened.

You think USC and OSU could possibly suffer the hangover effect in their next games?

It happened to Oklahoma State.

Absolutely ....
OSU plays Toledo in Cleveland, so it's a road game for both teams.
Toledo has a very good and exciting Offense, partly due to Pinkel being there several years ago and Boekman that is there now formerly from Ok State.

Ummm,
Not to long ago OSU was # 1 and Michigan was # 2 and the Bucks beat them, the year that a lower seed went to the NC game , ..... think it was Florida , ya we know what happened.
Yes, Florida went, but they were a higher seed than Michigan. The polls had Florida at #2 and Michigan at #3, Computers had them tied.

There's a long thread around here about that game. And the Michigan calls for a rematch that were strangely silenced by USC.

Absolutely ....
OSU plays Toledo in Cleveland, so it's a road game for both teams.
Toledo has a very good and exciting Offense, partly due to Pinkel being there several years ago and Boekman that is there now formerly from Ok State.

Oh... I forgot that game was in Cleveland Browns Stadium! I'll probably try and head down town to snag tickets this Saturday!

I was hugely disappointed in TP. I thought he was going to be the guy to carry the team this year, but he has looked less than ordinary in two games. He looks like the same guy who couldn't make plays against PSU and Texas last year. I hope he comes around, much like Troy Smith did in his Junior and Senior seasons.

Regarding the Toledo game, after doing some research I'm pretty sure that most of us out-of-staters won't be able to see it unless we purchase Game Plan or go to a bar. The MAC owns the rights to the game, so it's going to be on ESPN Plus regional coverage.

That's gotta be one of the greatest traditions in sports!
nah, that honor goes to the USC Songgirls. :D
usc-song-girls.jpg

Spread style vs Pro style

USC beats us with the same pro style power grunt football that we play.
the SEC teams beat both of us with the spread style.
now we have a spread QB and don't run it. i hoped that JT would have held TP out last year and used the spread with him in practice so we could run it this year. plus it woud have givin the defence time to adjust. i told this to everyone with a ear last year. but i never spoke to JT. oh well

I was hugely disappointed in TP. I thought he was going to be the guy to carry the team this year, but he has looked less than ordinary in two games. He looks like the same guy who couldn't make plays against PSU and Texas last year. I hope he comes around, much like Troy Smith did in his Junior and Senior seasons.

Regarding the Toledo game, after doing some research I'm pretty sure that most of us out-of-staters won't be able to see it unless we purchase Game Plan or go to a bar. The MAC owns the rights to the game, so it's going to be on ESPN Plus regional coverage.

I think it will be on TV locally on Channel 13 (ABC) ESPN+ coverage, if thats the case Killr, you should be able to see the game from Detroit, depending on what you get locally, but I get Detroit channels with my antenna from Toledo, so you may be able to get it as well.

When was the last time Michigan was "good"??? There's your answer. :D

At least we can beat a SEC team. You guys have been chocking since your national championship. Don't be so sure you will beat us this year. After watching Pryor play for you guys, I can understand the "Vest's" conservative play calling. All kid that can do is run. Over-rated so far.

At least we can beat a SEC team. You guys have been chocking since your national championship. Don't be so sure you will beat us this year. After watching Pryor play for you guys, I can understand the "Vest's" conservative play calling. All kid that can do is run. Over-rated so far.

I'm not even convinced he can run with the best of them. Very tentative, no explosion.

Sandra

I think it will be on TV locally on Channel 13 (ABC) ESPN+ coverage, if thats the case Killr, you should be able to see the game from Detroit, depending on what you get locally, but I get Detroit channels with my antenna from Toledo, so you may be able to get it as well.
My local channels aren't listing any Noon college football games this Saturday, so I doubt we'll get it here. However, I did notice that the game will be shown on D* channel 681 (Altitude). I checked last night and I actually get this channel as part of Total Choice. I thought it was only available with the Premium package. My other option is ESPN 360 streaming video, which I get as part of my Comcast high speed internet service. I'll probably just end up going to Bailey's in Canton and watching with the rest of the OSU Alumni Club of Detroit. :)

You've been playing that card too long now Paul.
You beat Florida ONCE, so you think you can beat the SEC ?

I think Pryor is waiting for Tressel to open up the play book, or as a few friend say, turn the card over, the good plays are on the other side.

I think Pryor is waiting for Tressel to open up the play book, or as a few friend say, turn the card over, the good plays are on the other side.

Not to bring up bad memories for me but they beat FLA twice this decade. In 2002 and of course we all know the last one... However unlike the previous, in 2002 it was a very close game. You have to go back several decades to find a time when OSU beat ANY SEC team.. But you can count at least 8 losses since then. (8 losses in 8 games)

They also beat Vandy in 2006.. hey wasnt that the same year FLA creamed OSwho? :)

I don't think he will EVER "open it up"...The Vest version of "opening it up" is a couple of wrinkles here and there.....;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)