An Open Letter to Jim Tressel

Even though I'm still not convinced of Terrelle Pryor, this Buckeye Defense is stout!

Yesterday, the Defense/Special Teams accounted for 21 points against the Badgers! Woah.

Believeland

Even though I'm still not convinced of Terrelle Pryor, this Buckeye Defense is stout!

Yesterday, the Defense/Special Teams accounted for 21 points against the Badgers! Woah.

Believeland, lmao
did 47 years in c-town 2 thousand miles away don't help still my teams.
the cavs are my only hope now.

what happened to the haters. i did a little on here.

I think he should change his name to "TELEGRAGH" Pryor.

For such a highly touted QB in his freshman year he telegraphs passes like a High School sophomore QB.

I think he should change his name to "TELEGRAGH" Pryor.

For such a highly touted QB in his freshman year he telegraphs passes like a High School sophomore QB.

When I started this thread, the bulk of the criticism was directed at Coach Tressel.

I am now beginning to see why the playbook hasn't exactly been handed over just yet. And for those of you who didn't watch the game, I suspect Buckeye nation is starting to catch onto the short-comings of TP as he was booed for the first time in his career on Saturday.

While a Coach Tressel team is built to overcome a mediocre QB with stout defense, game-breaking special teams, a bruising running game and overall smart play, I am not confident in the least if we ever have to make a play to win a close one. Right now, TP has much to improve on offensively.

When I started this thread, the bulk of the criticism was directed at Coach Tressel.

I am now beginning to see why the playbook hasn't exactly been handed over just yet. And for those of you who didn't watch the game, I suspect Buckeye nation is starting to catch onto the short-comings of TP as he was booed for the first time in his career on Saturday.

While a Coach Tressel team is built to overcome a mediocre QB with stout defense, game-breaking special teams, a bruising running game and overall smart play, I am not confident in the least if we ever have to make a play to win a close one. Right now, TP has much to improve on offensively.

Wow. Finally.

And you guys destroyed me when I was the first to say Pryor was not improving, and was perhaps over-rated coming out of high school. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Wow. Finally.

And you guys destroyed me when I was the first to say Pryor was not improving, and was perhaps over-rated coming out of high school. :rolleyes:

Sandra

When you post this stuff the day he comes out of high school it's really hard to say .... :rolleyes:

After you see him play for a year or so you start to see....

Odd, how some say Pryor is not playing well, you and HD ( I agree btw, at this point ) while others say he's getting better and playing well ?

Then again, Everyone compared him to Vince Young when he came out, VY never was a force till the end of his Jr year ....

So there may be a lot of GOOD times ahead yet.

Jimbo

When you post this stuff the day he comes out of high school it's really hard to say .... :rolleyes:

After you see him play for a year or so you start to see....

Odd, how some say Pryor is not playing well, you and HD ( I agree btw, at this point ) while others say he's getting better and playing well ?

Then again, Everyone compared him to Vince Young when he came out, VY never was a force till the end of his Jr year ....

So there may be a lot of GOOD times ahead yet.

Jimbo

Um...I questioned Pryor at the end of last season, not the day he came out of high school. I'm one who pays no attention to recruiting, the only reason I knew anything about Pryor coming out of high school was because he got national attention by holding up his decision, and he was talked about here.

Funny how there are now QB's who nobody cared about while Pryor was making his big decision, who are now much better QB's than Pryor. Happens all the time. That's why I don't pay attention to college recruiting rankings. ;)

Sandra

Pryor is not horrible. But he is also no stud. Its not that he is not athletic I think its all in his head. He does not have "it". Or at least has not shown it. The guy has a good arm, can run he just needs more brain power, to back up that horse power.

Pryor is not horrible. But he is also no stud. Its not that he is not athletic I think its all in his head. He does not have "it". Or at least has not shown it. The guy has a good arm, can run he just needs more brain power, to back up that horse power.

I think the Floridian just nailed it!

TP has the arm, the strength, the speed, the measurable's.... but what he DOES NOT have is the brain. Anyone that has listened to this kid speak in interviews can sadly attest to this. He just isn't very bright. Maybe this effects his decision making on field?

On a hypothetical note, if we could put Craig Krenzel's brain in Terrelle Pryor's body, he'd be the greatest QB to walk the face of earth! :D

I think the Floridian just nailed it!

TP has the arm, the strength, the speed, the measurable's.... but what he DOES NOT have is the brain. Anyone that has listened to this kid speak in interviews can sadly attest to this. He just isn't very bright. Maybe this effects his decision making on field?

On a hypothetical note, if we could put Craig Krenzel's brain in Terrelle Pryor's body, he'd be the greatest QB to walk the face of earth! :D

Jamarcus Russell, anyone? Never heard him speak, I'm comparing Pryor to him more for his football decisions..

Sandra

I was just today wondering what it would be like if the Bucks were to run Florida's offense.
Not sure why more don't, seeing it seems to work ....
The NFL is a copycat league, not so much for college football.

I was just today wondering what it would be like if the Bucks were to run Florida's offense.
Not sure why more don't, seeing it seems to work ....
The NFL is a copycat league, not so much for college football.

Pryor is a good runner, they could possible run FLAs offense with great success. The triple option is very hard to defend against.

I think it would be very interesting to see that.
I know Tressel and Meyer have discussed coach stuff , but don't know if Mr. Conservative would ever go that route ..... Mr. flip the play card over, (up here) We all figure the successful plays are on the other side of the card he carries.
If you've noticed, there have been a few times this year when he has opened things up and have had very good outcomes.

TP is not suited for this offence. put him in SEC with the spread offense and boom superstar.
this is my beef with JT,
am i the only one who sees this ?

Actually, to be fair, OSU HAS switched up their offense since week 2. We very rarely lineup in the i-formation anymore. Now, TP lines up in the shot-gun and we run the option quite often. Clearly not to the extent of some teams, but it has been added.

To add to my previous point, our team just isn't suited to run the option full time.

Take our Offensive Line for instance. We recruit a different type of player than Florida does. Florida drafts a more lean, athletic big man, while we draft stocky, bruising type of lineman. Florida uses the more agile OT's so they can move off the lines and keep up with the mobile option style offense. Ohio on the other hand drafts bruisers to run block up the middle. A more physical style per say. These big farm boys weren't bred to block in a more mobile option scheme.

What I'm trying to say, the players you recruit dictate the style of ball you play. I think OSU had envisioned transforming TP into a pocket passer, while mixing in his ability to run on occasion, much like they did with Troy Smith. This hasn't been the case so far though.

hitting it right on the head

HD MM
you are hitting it right on the head

my post #93
USC beats us with the same pro style power grunt football that we play.
the SEC teams beat both of us with the spread style.
now we have a spread QB and don't run it. i hoped that JT would have held TP out last year and used the spread with him in practice so we could run it this year. plus it woud have givin the defence time to adjust. i told this to everyone with a ear last year. but i never spoke to JT. oh well

new
yes as soon as TP signed JT needed to get more lean, athletic big men.

side bar
who sends more Offensive Linemen to the NFL BIG 10 or SEC would thing the BIG 10.
but that ain't winning any Bowl games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)