anniversary gift

Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I logged into my account tonight and at the top they gave me Free NCAA March Madness package for my anniversary gift, or at least I assume that is what it is for. My question is, can I call retentions and tell them that I'm not a basketball fan and get something else instead or do you have to take what they give you? I'm happy that they have this program, just curious.

A friend of mine got the SPORTSPACK free for 3 months as his anniversary gift.
He's not a sports fan.
He called in and talked to a CSR about it.
They also ended up giving him 3 or 6 months of free SHOWTIME I think it was.
Your results may vary.

Don't ask for the retention department, it's not like you're gonna cancel your subscription over something like this.

Back when they gave me game lounge I sent an email saying I would never use it and no thanks. They replied that there was nothing they could replace it with. I would have gladly taken Starz or Showtime or something for those 3 months, but no big deal.

Maybe could have more chance if I called, but I didn't bother. Anyway, email won't get you far for the anniversary thing.

When did you get DirecTV? I am about to celebrate my 1 year anniversary in a day or so and I think I would cry if I got the NCAA March Madness package for free. I may even take off of work to stay home and bask in the all holy nature of college basketball.

Also not a basketball fan, called to "exchange" my Mega March anniversary gift, but was told nothing available. Its a nice gift, but this year, its a wash.
Have been a direct subscriber since the early nineties. Don't know why they have me on record as 'since 2006".

well take time to watch maybe you will enjoy. I am not much of BB fan either but I always tune in for March Madness it has some of the best games and is very exciting.
The first day is awesome

Twelve year customer here...I got 3 months of the Sports Pack. I had called them for another reason and saw it on my online bill...when I told them I wasn't interested (nicely)...they didn't offer any sort of replacement.
I've learned they have a group of different gifts they give to every customer starting with their two-year anniversary...supposedly they just select from those gifts randomly. They range from free premiums for 3 - 6 months to bill credits of $5/month for 10 months.

The past two years I got Showtime free for a year. Never really watch Showtime. I called and thanked them for the gift the last time and I explained that Showtime doesn't really do it for me. They said how about 6 months of Starz and I said sure. They even let me keep Showtime. :)

I have been with DirecTV for many years.

I got the Game Lounge for 3 months as my gift. I used it. There was nothing else I would have used anyway other than a discount on my bill.

All you guys getting sports packs are lucky. Everyone of my anniversary gifts have been Showtime. I would have gladly taken sports over movies any day.

Where under you account do you find your gifts?

Hemi,
I found mine in my Accounts section, but it may show up at other places as well.
Mine is not for awhile yet, but once I actually Sign In, I went to my Account info and found a statement at the top of the page.

Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer!

It's because of viewers like you that we've become America's favorite satellite television provider. Stay tuned for future anniversary gifts - it's just our way of showing our appreciation.

Fwiw, I got Showtime I think it was two years ago, don't really watch movies much so it didn't do much for me.
Last year I got a Free PPV.

I think next year I get a "Thanks " :)

As a Premier guy, I'm happy......except for no Versus & no MSG HD's :(

Sounds like a Sabres Fan - Dunno why we get the standard broadcast of the Sabres games on MSG but not the HD version.

Keeping with the thread - I got 1 year of Showtime - haven't watched except for maybe 1 movie - and that's since July.

Twelve year customer here...I got 3 months of the Sports Pack. I had called them for another reason and saw it on my online bill...when I told them I wasn't interested (nicely)...they didn't offer any sort of replacement.
I've learned they have a group of different gifts they give to every customer starting with their two-year anniversary...supposedly they just select from those gifts randomly. They range from free premiums for 3 - 6 months to bill credits of $5/month for 10 months.

i got ten dollars off for 6 months in february.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts