Another reason to hate Sony and their formats.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Of course you would say that. You and harshness have shown yourselves on several occasions to be apologists of the DMCA and the smarmy thieving bastards at the MPAA and RIAA. I hope you do find out what these people are capable of, because maybe then you'll give up your pollyannaish view of this corrupt law, and the organized crime types who lobbied for it.
You think they WILL come after the general public? There may be a few examples(a crap load of downloads) but most people are in the clear.

akodoreign

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 16, 2007
You think they WILL come after the general public? There may be a few examples(a crap load of downloads) but most people are in the clear.

Yeah I do think they will come after anyone they can. At the university I work at they wanted to bust a student for 1 download.

You need to look at this a lot deeper.

My Grandmother 76 years of age was sued by D* for hacking satellite dishes.

Yeah right, was just someone who stole her credit card. They don't care though. They just wanna get a huge body count.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
"PS3 using a Cell Processor is like 7 Clydesdale pulling a Cart with no wheels."

Dude your sad, it makes me think that Sony ************* when you were little.
The reason your hating on Blu-ray its because you hate Sony and that you only have an XBOX 360.
Didn't anyone ever tell you *HATE* is a strong word.

Moving on, I am looking forward to see the #'s from Blu-ray and HD-DVD next year, and maybe there will be the end of one format.

akodoreign

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 16, 2007
"PS3 using a Cell Processor is like 7 Clydesdale pulling a Cart with no wheels."

Dude your sad, it makes me think that Sony ************* when you were little.
The reason your hating on Blu-ray its because you hate Sony and that you only have an XBOX 360.
Didn't anyone ever tell you *HATE* is a strong word.

Moving on, I am looking forward to see the #'s from Blu-ray and HD-DVD next year, and maybe there will be the end of one format.

And your blinded by your loyalty. And I have repeatedly said I own a Wii as well.

And I have owned a PS1 and a PS2. Sold the first to a friend (who broke his arm by tripping over the controller 1 month later :p) and a PS2 which I played God of war (didn't like it) FFX, FFX-2, as well as the bible game.
Sold it to gamestop awhile ago.

No, I didn't hate Sony, But I started to when they got uppedty when the 360 released a year before them and they got all arrogant about it.

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
Maybe we should have a forum where everybody who hates Sony can go and rub each others backs. This post has become a crying forum for those who feel that Sony is making their lives miserable. So don't buy Sony - lots of folks don't.

But here is the real truth, when any HD standalone (BD or HD-DVD) can play a HD movie as quick, as smooth and without problems as the PS3 has continued to do with BD, then let me know. And yes I have read how some have had problems but I own everyone of those titles people say they are having problems with and they play on my PS3 with no problems so who knows what is going on with their PS3. So far the quickest standalone is only half as fast as the PS3. The PS3 is just a well built product that is obviously very adaptable. But, if you hate Sony then you obviously hate the PS3. That is okay, I don't particularly care for M$. They have bilked the American consumer for billions and continue to do so with products that just do not work well. I guess Made in America doesn't mean what it used to.

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
And yes I have read how some have had problems but I own everyone of those titles people say they are having problems with and they play on my PS3 with no problems so who knows what is going on with their PS3.
He's not kidding folks. He is the sat guys leader in BD discs owned. He probably is personally responsible for raising the attachment rate of the PS3 from .75 to 1.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
He's not kidding folks. He is the sat guys leader in BD discs owned. He probably is personally responsible for raising the attachment rate of the PS3 from .75 to 1.
You got that right. Ive been hearing this crap from Joe on the PS3 for how long now? I could yell BOGO dont count 10,000 times and it still wouldnt compare. If I hear this PS3 crap again Im gonna puke. Over and over and over again. The same mantra. My God his job must be to sell PS3s !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 16, 2007
...when any HD standalone (BD or HD-DVD) can play a HD movie as quick, as smooth and without problems as the PS3 has continued to do with BD, then let me know.
Why only standalones?
An HTPC plays "as quick, as smooth and without problems as the PS3" the BD discs and
"as quick, as smooth and without problems as the <insert HD player name>" the HD discs.
As you requested, I'm letting you know.
...But, if you hate Sony then you obviously hate the PS3.
Why? I hate Sony, I don't hate the PS3...

Diogen.

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
You got that right. Ive been hearing this crap from Joe on the PS3 for how long now? I could yell BOGO dont count 10,000 times and it still wouldnt compare. If I hear this PS3 crap again Im gonna puke. Over and over and over again. The same mantra. My God his job must be to sell PS3s !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Must be working, you bought one. :eek:

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Yeah I do think they will come after anyone they can. At the university I work at they wanted to bust a student for 1 download.

You need to look at this a lot deeper.

My Grandmother 76 years of age was sued by D* for hacking satellite dishes.

Yeah right, was just someone who stole her credit card. They don't care though. They just wanna get a huge body count.
I am willing to bet in the cases that you mentioned, there was something else going on that we dont know about. I have heard of them going after college students more than other people, because generally speaking thats your biggest offenders.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Damn, you're naieve. You're probably one of those who actually believes the guy who says "We're from the government. We're here to help.":rolleyes:
I call it realistic. Sure they will get a person here or there, but the most people ARE NOT going to be sued.

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Must be working, you bought one. :eek:
Yes I did, but I don't want to hear about it in every post I read from Papa Smurf. And the reason I bought the PS3 is not because of Joe or its supposed superiority. Its because there is a money grab going on right now on the BD standalones. They are overpriced by 50% or higher.

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
THE PS3 IS INFERIOR TO EVEN THE HD-A1 BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE 5.1 ANALOG OUT AND FORCES CONSUMERS TO BUY AN HDMI RECIEVER TO LISTEN TO TRUEHD ETC.

Hows that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts