Another reason to hate Sony and their formats.

THE PS3 IS INFERIOR TO EVEN THE HD-A1 BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE 5.1 ANALOG OUT AND FORCES CONSUMERS TO BUY AN HDMI RECIEVER TO LISTEN TO TRUEHD ETC.

Hows that?

Nah, It's inferior because it hits a bottle neck when it gets to the RSX core. It can have 12 Cell processors in it, but the graphics chip can only put so much up on the screen.

But, thats not even a care of mine, My problem is that Sony is forcing a standard down it's fan bases neck. They needed to do the DVD 9 and Blue Ray as an add on.

But Sony doesn't care about it's fan base. "Oh, Rumble is a last generation technology" just because they didn't wanna pay immersion.

All Sony cares about is if it can keep Blue Ray alive. They have never succeeded with video formats and it is a matter of pride for them.

Unfortunately that means that video game enthusiasts suffer, and blind loyalists buy into their crap.

SONY does not care about you. Remember that.

Nah, It's inferior because it hits a bottle neck when it gets to the RSX core. It can have 12 Cell processors in it, but the graphics chip can only put so much up on the screen.

But, thats not even a care of mine, My problem is that Sony is forcing a standard down it's fan bases neck. They needed to do the DVD 9 and Blue Ray as an add on.

But Sony doesn't care about it's fan base. "Oh, Rumble is a last generation technology" just because they didn't wanna pay immersion.

All Sony cares about is if it can keep Blue Ray alive. They have never succeeded with video formats and it is a matter of pride for them.

Unfortunately that means that video game enthusiasts suffer, and blind loyalists buy into their crap.

SONY does not care about you. Remember that.
You are really hung up on that graphics card huh?

As far as the blu-ray drive, I think it is a great idea to include it now. However you dont. What about when the games get larger and larger? The Blu-ray disk allows for the extra features and levels, more immersion if you will on future games.

You are really hung up on that graphics card huh?

As far as the blu-ray drive, I think it is a great idea to include it now. However you dont. What about when the games get larger and larger? The Blu-ray disk allows for the extra features and levels, more immersion if you will on future games.

Multiple disks are fine. Blue Laser disks are way to slow for gaming as of yet. It's another bottle neck the system faces. It's why PS3 games have an option to install it to the HD, and Why a HD is necessary on the PS3 in the first place.

Also yes I am hung up on the graphics card. Go to your PC take out your 8800 and put in a Geforce 4. And tell me that it doesn't matter then.

Multiple disks are fine. Blue Laser disks are way to slow for gaming as of yet. It's another bottle neck the system faces. It's why PS3 games have an option to install it to the HD, and Why a HD is necessary on the PS3 in the first place.

Also yes I am hung up on the graphics card. Go to your PC take out your 8800 and put in a Geforce 4. And tell me that it doesn't matter then.
I for one HATE having to swap disks to play a game. You were complaining about load time, yet you dont mind taking time to do that???

I for one HATE having to swap disks to play a game. You were complaining about load time, yet you dont mind taking time to do that???

Doesn't take but 10-20 seconds to swap disks. Way shorter than the load times on the PS3.

Doesn't take but 10-20 seconds to swap disks. Way shorter than the load times on the PS3.
You have timed it? lol, it could take longer, plus it takes NO TIME when its all on one disk
You do realize that all load times dont take as long as the ONE time you mentioned playing one? All three of my sytems have comparable load times.

You have timed it? lol, it could take longer, plus it takes NO TIME when its all on one disk
You do realize that all load times dont take as long as the ONE time you mentioned playing one? All three of my sytems have comparable load times.

*shakes head* The only game so far that has exceeded the DVD 9 format is Blue Dragon. And its 3 disks that you have to change every 20-30 hours of game time.

You are a blind loyalist and no matter what I say you will defend your beloved to the grave.

Can't fault you for that. I was a huge Nintendo supporter till they Dumped all over CD format to stay with Cartridges. But I got over it, (did own a N64 but dumped it to buy a PS1 and a Atari Jaguar.)

Went to computer gaming for awhile after beating FFVII. (was kinda bored with consoles, and back then they were not upgrading graphics cards ever 2 months).

Turned around Bought a PS2 and then A Xbox on Launch. I played the FF games as well as God of war, and numerous other games on it. But got enamored with Halo, Mechwarrior (to bad they dropped this IP).

Got my 360 on launch,,,, There were no games for it except for a stripped down Madden (bleh). So I played my PS2 and Xbox for another year and waited.

Watched Sony stick its foot in its mouth time after time. Scratched my head when they all of a sudden decided to stick a RSX core in it.

Looked at my now growing library of 360 games, Decided that Wii360 was the way to go, and went and bought a Wii.

Friend buys a PS3 I go over in the thoughts of maybe the system will awe me. See it. see the load times. see the crappy games.

At that point I get pissed at Sony for its incompetence, At that point I realized that it was only a Crutch for their Blue Ray format. It had nothing to do with gaming.

So Until Final Fantasy and the 800lb Gorilla known as Squaresoft puts out some good games for the PS3 it is worthless to own.

*shakes head* The only game so far that has exceeded the DVD 9 format is Blue Dragon. And its 3 disks that you have to change every 20-30 hours of game time.

You are a blind loyalist and no matter what I say you will defend your beloved to the grave.

Can't fault you for that. I was a huge Nintendo supporter till they Dumped all over CD format to stay with Cartridges. But I got over it, (did own a N64 but dumped it to buy a PS1 and a Atari Jaguar.)

Went to computer gaming for awhile after beating FFVII. (was kinda bored with consoles, and back then they were not upgrading graphics cards ever 2 months).

Turned around Bought a PS2 and then A Xbox on Launch. I played the FF games as well as God of war, and numerous other games on it. But got enamored with Halo, Mechwarrior (to bad they dropped this IP).

Got my 360 on launch,,,, There were no games for it except for a stripped down Madden (bleh). So I played my PS2 and Xbox for another year and waited.

Watched Sony stick its foot in its mouth time after time. Scratched my head when they all of a sudden decided to stick a RSX core in it.

Looked at my now growing library of 360 games, Decided that Wii360 was the way to go, and went and bought a Wii.

Friend buys a PS3 I go over in the thoughts of maybe the system will awe me. See it. see the load times. see the crappy games.

At that point I get pissed at Sony for its incompetence, At that point I realized that it was only a Crutch for their Blue Ray format. It had nothing to do with gaming.

So Until Final Fantasy and the 800lb Gorilla known as Squaresoft puts out some good games for the PS3 it is worthless to own.
You call me a blind loyalist and spout off a list of the consoles that you have or have owned. Congrats!
I have also stated that i have the big three, and have had others.
I have no biased opinion on something as trivial as video game systems. I enjoy all three and use each one differently. I am simply putting my opinion out there.

You on the other hand have problems with sony. You have stated as much. It carries over into your judgement of a system that you have little to no experience with.

You call me a blind loyalist and spout off a list of the consoles that you have or have owned. Congrats!
I have also stated that i have the big three, and have had others.
I have no biased opinion on something as trivial as video game systems. I enjoy all three and use each one differently. I am simply putting my opinion out there.

You on the other hand have problems with sony. You have stated as much. It carries over into your judgement of a system that you have little to no experience with.

And your judgment in my opinion is flawed.

As I said before I will own a PS3 when it becomes a viable system. I never said I won't own one. But I will buy it second hand from gamestop or a pawnshop so Sony doesn't get my money.

But denial is not a river in Egypt man.

And your judgment in my opinion is flawed.

As I said before I will own a PS3 when it becomes a viable system. I never said I won't own one. But I will buy it second hand from gamestop or a pawnshop so Sony doesn't get my money.

But denial is not a river in Egypt man.
You are welcome to think that, however just keep in mind that i have experience with the system that i am basing my judgement on that you do not.

I dont blame you for buying it somewhere else. I got mine off of Ebay.

I am not denying anything

You are welcome to think that, however just keep in mind that i have experience with the system that i am basing my judgement on that you do not.

I dont blame you for buying it somewhere else. I got mine off of Ebay.

I am not denying anything

I believe you have experience with the system. I just think that you have a loyalty to the Sony brand (from how adamantly you defend the system) and that you over look its flaws.

hell, Ill be the first to admit that the 360 failure rate is upward of 33% and I am amazed that MS is holding on with that kind of failure. But you never ever have anything bad to say about the PS3 although it is most defiantly flawed. And thats where the denial comes into play.

MAXCONSOLE - XBOX 360 - Retail survey: MS wins 'best attitude and quality to retail' & 'best overall company'

Total joke on this information. Since the quality of the Hardware is crap. (not the components but the way it is put together) The cheap soldiering they use melts at low temperatures and causes the R500 core to become unseated thus the RRoD occurs.

The zephyr Motherboard helps buy having larger Heat sinks but still needs more work.

I have had 1 machine go RRoD on me but they replaced it. So I know how flawed these machines can be.

But man the other side just cant admit their own problems.

I believe you have experience with the system. I just think that you have a loyalty to the Sony brand (from how adamantly you defend the system) and that you over look its flaws.

hell, Ill be the first to admit that the 360 failure rate is upward of 33% and I am amazed that MS is holding on with that kind of failure. But you never ever have anything bad to say about the PS3 although it is most defiantly flawed. And thats where the denial comes into play.
Umm its heavy. There is one. You forget I also have NOT called it the best system out there today.

One reason is because any of the flaws, as you see them, do not bother me, or i dont see it as a flaw. It does what I want it to do. There is no Sony loyalty in that statement.
Take the Blu-ray drive. You said it should have been left out(i assume you consider that a flaw). I do not see it that way. It saved me a considerable chunk of change on buying a stand alone, plus it allows for bigger and better games, in the future.

Umm its heavy. There is one. You forget I also have NOT called it the best system out there today.

One reason is because any of the flaws, as you see them, do not bother me, or i dont see it as a flaw. It does what I want it to do. There is no Sony loyalty in that statement.
Take the Blu-ray drive. You said it should have been left out(i assume you consider that a flaw). I do not see it that way. It saved me a considerable chunk of change on buying a stand alone, plus it allows for bigger and better games, in the future.

Lets look at that another way. If Sony would have gone DVD 9 would you still have bought the system? then would you have bought Blue Ray? (be objectionable about this).

Or would you have waited? and if so would the $95 Toshiba deal been more appealing to you?

See these are the questions that you have to look at. I see them as Sony making it a crutch for their format.

Lets look at that another way. If Sony would have gone DVD 9 would you still have bought the system? then would you have bought Blue Ray? (be objectionable about this).

Or would you have waited? and if so would the $95 Toshiba deal been more appealing to you?

See these are the questions that you have to look at. I see them as Sony making it a crutch for their format.
Yes, I would have bought it anyway, and then have bought a stand alone. Like i said, i dont see including it (BR) as a flaw since it saved me a few bucks(meaning i was going to buy it regardless).

The toshiba deal is great, no doubt. Had I not already had a player, i would have jumped on it. It would not have made me not buy the other format also however. There are movies on both that i would want to watch. That and i love gizmos

how about this, do you work at Microsoft or Toshiba or a company that is affiliated with them...and be honest! because you are doing nothing but bashing Sony..and with arguments that really dont have weight behind them, its crazy, I have never seen this much hate since vurbano first came on board here.

how about this, do you work at Microsoft or Toshiba or a company that is affiliated with them...and be honest! because you are doing nothing but bashing Sony..and with arguments that really dont have weight behind them, its crazy, I have never seen this much hate since vurbano first came on board here.
Thats been my point also.
Most of the bashing is based on points, that wouldnt matter if it just werent sony, or so it appears. I dont understand that kind of blind hatred for a company or the products it produces

Nope work at Southern Illinois University. As a IT tech. There was so much Sony love here that I had to take the opposed side in this debate. Since it is a war zone.

That and there is like a MAC mantra around here but toward BR and Sony, and thats kinda creepy. So I take joy in sowing doubt.

BTW I don't hate MACs they make great Windows boxes. :D

(no in seriousness, MAC leopard is solid and if would run on AMD processors I would own a copy.)

You guys just get rilled way to easy, And thats what makes War Zones fun.

I call it realistic. Sure they will get a person here or there, but the most people ARE NOT going to be sued.

No, there's nothing realistic about it. It's sticking your head in the sand. As of this moment, ripping your own cds for use in other devices is LEGAL, there is nothing any of these groups can do about it. However, it may not be forever. When they paid off those lawmakers to pass the DMCA, that dealt a major blow to fair use. Now, the RIAA is trying to remove fair use alltogether. All they have to do is get a series of court rulings and/or another law passed which makes ripping your own cds illegal, then they can sue anyone they want. Not only that, but you could be subject to criminal prosecution. That's what they're going for. I urge you to read up on this at Electronic Frontier Foundation | Defending Freedom in the Digital World and then come back and say this isn't the direction this is going.

Warner Rumor Quelled?

Stringer: Sony to offer movie downloads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts