any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

For me, the number one OTA issue I look for is consistency when scanning the locals. Scan the locals several times in a row. Does it find the same channels with each scan? The old Hauppauge ones are very unreliable in this aspect.

Exactly. I took your advice to use the single tuner for channel scans, then swap for the dual.

What was the results between the single versus the dual tuners?

The single tuner works predictably well with channel scans and is a consistently good tuner for day to day use. The dual's scans are all over the place, pulling in different amounts of channels on every scan. This is with almost all of my stations indicating 100% signal strength

The single tuner works predictably well with channel scans and is a consistently good tuner for day to day use. The dual's scans are all over the place, pulling in different amounts of channels on every scan. This is with almost all of my stations indicating 100% signal strength
OK, thanks. I still have two single tuners. When I get my new dual tuners I will test everything.

The new dongle arrived over the weekend. I installed it and watched a lot of sports on locals using it. No problems so far, I'm not getting the "searching for signal" when tuning in a local like I got a lot with the old dual dongle.

It runs a little warm, but it doesn't seem to be as warm as the old one. Not a problem for me, as I have an open TV stand.

I can't comment on recording yet; I'm recording some CW shows later this week, but recording was never as issue for me with the old dongle-the problem was not being always able to tune to a channel.

I'll comment on recording later this week.

The new dongle is on the right.

*EDIT* I have an H3.

20181007_124619.jpg

The new dongle arrived over the weekend. I installed it and watched a lot of sports on locals using it. No problems so far, I'm not getting the "searching for signal" when tuning in a local like I got a lot with the old dual dongle.

It runs a little warm, but it doesn't seem to be as warm as the old one. Not a problem for me, as I have an open TV stand.

I can't comment on recording yet; I'm recording some CW shows later this week, but recording was never as issue for me with the old dongle-the problem was not being always able to tune to a channel.

I'll comment on recording later this week.

The new dongle is on the right.

*EDIT* I have an H3.

20181007_124619.jpg

How does the sensistivity of the new dual tuner compare to the old dual?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I received one of the new dish dual ota tuners on Saturday. I installed it and ran a scan, didn't get any new channels but they do show stronger signal levels than I had before and the signal level wasn't jumping up and down like with the old tuner. Used it all day Sunday watching football and it recorded some shows Sunday night and they all played back fine. Never had a single signal breakup or the spinning wheel of looking for signal. I am very happy with this new tuner currently and hope it holds up well over time.