any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

Judging by recent uplink reports, the next big one may be with Tegna. Dish changed the OTA guide mapping for those stations to make them independent streams from the guide data for the satellite-delivered versions. That is usually a sign that Dish is preparing for a dispute. If I am right, this would impact my market, since WKYC (NBC) is one of the stations on that list.

Any update here? the last agreement started on 10/10/2015. Not sure of the term but if it was three years well we could be in for an unpleassant surprise.

My AirTV dual dongle is estimated to be delivered Wednesday. I will run test Thursday.

I will be interested in seeing your results. In August, I replaced my single tuner ES194858 with the dual tuner ES212553. I'm not overly impressed with the results. I've fine tuned my OTA antenna. I live on the wrong side of the mountains on the opposite side of the valley from the antenna farm in Phoenix. Doing all sorts of things I've gone from fair signals to very good signals. I've got tuners on the TVs, HDHomerun tuners recording OTA into a Plex Server getting great levels and signal levels within the Hooper 3 are at worst 83 to at best 96. Yet I'm still getting occasional breakup in the picture. I would have to attribute that to the tuner not the signal. I'd like to find a better tuner.

Can you have more than one tuner dongle recognized by the Hooper? I still have the ES194858 dongle kicking around, could I have 3 tuners going? If that worked and there was a good alternative to the ES212553 I might get 2 and have 4 tuners if the Hopper can handle that. Unconverted 4K on OTA is a LOT better than on Sat locals.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't know about y'all but I don't even bother reading posts that are in bold, all caps or any other variation meant to make it seem that a particular post is more important than everybody else's posts.

New guy. Let’s cut a little slack.

Only one OTA tuner can be recognized at a time. And only Dish authorized tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't know about y'all but I don't even bother reading posts that are in bold, all caps or any other variation meant to make it seem that a particular post is more important than everybody else's posts.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I had pasted in the model number which came in as bold and everything else typed as bold. Didn't realize I was being loud. My bad :)

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I had pasted in the model number which came in as bold and everything else typed as bold. Didn't realize I was being loud. My bad :)

I see that you edited the post but it's still not the normal font. I noticed a post you made the other day was in some different font. I didn't read that one either.

And I take no offense, you can do what you want to and it doesn't bother me. I was just stating that I don't bother reading posts that aren't in the same font as everybody else's posts. Do with that as you will. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will be interested in seeing your results. In August, I replaced my single tuner ES194858 with the dual tuner ES212553. I'm not overly impressed with the results. I've fine tuned my OTA antenna. I live on the wrong side of the mountains on the opposite side of the valley from the antenna farm in Phoenix. Doing all sorts of things I've gone from fair signals to very good signals. I've got tuners on the TVs, HDHomerun tuners recording OTA into a Plex Server getting great levels and signal levels within the Hooper 3 are at worst 83 to at best 96. Yet I'm still getting occasional breakup in the picture. I would have to attribute that to the tuner not the signal. I'd like to find a better tuner.

Can you have more than one tuner dongle recognized by the Hooper? I still have the ES194858 dongle kicking around, could I have 3 tuners going? If that worked and there was a good alternative to the ES212553 I might get 2 and have 4 tuners if the Hopper can handle that. Unconverted 4K on OTA is a LOT better than on Sat locals.
I am pretty sure the Hopper will work with only one OTA dongle. Where I live the signal strength is 100% for most OTA channels. I hope to post Thursday on how the AirTV dual adapter works. I have already tested the old OTA dual adapter and have the results on a spreadsheet waiting to receive the AirTV dual adapter Wednesday.

Font police?

I don't know, I don't pay much attention to fonts. Not sure what this one is. For accuracy sake, on my offending post, I made the mistake of copying and pasting from my home inventory program the model numbers of the single and new dual tuner dongles. I know what a nimrod I am, if I typed it out I would have probably transposed some numbers. First thing I did was paste in the two numbers and typed around them. The font stayed the same as the paste, I didn't change anything. Apparently everything is bold in the inventory program. Who Knew. I do equate all caps to shouting but that's about it as far as my understanding of font etiquette goes. I just hope you don't get dinged for spelling cause then I'd really be in trouble :)

I have already tested the old OTA dual adapter and have the results on a spreadsheet waiting to receive the AirTV

I look forward to your results. Is the AirTV tuner the one that is the eBay listing on the previous page?

And I take no offense, you can do what you want to and it doesn't bother me. I was just stating that I don't bother reading posts that aren't in the same font as everybody else's posts. Do with that as you will. :)
Oh good, now I know how to post something without JSheridan reading it. :biggrin :D :biggrin2

I ordered the AirTV Dual-Tuner Adapter

Interesting . . . and this works with the Hooper because it works with SlingTV? I had a Sling Box before Dish bought them. I saw them at CES when they first appeared. Back when I was a road warrior I used it to sling my DirecTv DVR, was way before the days of Genes and Hoppers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Interesting . . . and this works with the Hooper because it works with SlingTV? I had a Sling Box before Dish bought them. I saw them at CES when they first appeared. Back when I was a road warrior I used it to sling my DirecTv DVR, was way before the days of Genes and Hoppers.
That's unknown which is why we're waiting for the test results.

Yep, I still have a Slingbox 500 attached to one of my Hopper 3s. It still works outstanding. I don't ever use the Hopper built in sling.

The adapter being discussed is for AirTV, which is a different box that runs apps including the SlingTV app, which is different than a Sling Box or Sling adapter. I don't know why DISH feels the need to name so many different products 'Sling' and 'Flex' but it gets confusing after a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)