any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

When I scan with the Air TV dongle, I always get a different number of channels. Sometimes ABC and Fox are missing. Scan again and they appear and others disappear. All but two are at 100% signal level. I never get everything available. To do that, I need to replace the Air TV dongle with the original Dish one channel dongle and scan yet again. With that dongle, I always get all 37 available channels. Every time.

Reactions: pattykay
I need to replace the Air TV dongle with the original Dish one channel dongle and scan yet again. With that dongle, I always get all 37 available channels. Every time.

Yes. That is the correct work-around for channel scans at this time. Once all desired channels are scanned in by the old single tuner dongle, the receiver can be unplugged, replaced with the dual dongle and then you're good to go.

Does anyone know if the AutoHop function works on the OTA recordings? Right now I have the record primetime enabled with the locals and I'm mirroring the actual shows that I watch on the OTA channels. I just noticed as I was deleting the OTA recording of an AutoHop program I had watched that it gave me the hop option. Will that go away once I cancel locals? I wouldn't expect that to work without locals but boy would that be nice if it did.

OK, watched an AutoHop show on 12.1 so AutoHop works on OTA with locals. Anyone without locals, does AutoHop work? I'd say my OTA is probably getting the info from my local subscription but AutoHop is one of the big features of the Hopper so you never know.

OK, watched an AutoHop show on 12.1 so AutoHop works on OTA with locals. Anyone without locals, does AutoHop work? I'd say my OTA is probably getting the info from my local subscription but AutoHop is one of the big features of the Hopper so you never know.
AutoHop was one of the big features of the Hopper. Now, they have a "Hopper" (Hopper Duo) that does not include AutoHop at all, so it must not be a very important feature for a Hopper anymore.

Reactions: charlesrshell
AutoHop was one of the big features of the Hopper. Now, they have a "Hopper" (Hopper Duo) that does not include AutoHop at all, so it must not be a very important feature for a Hopper anymore.

I 'heard' that they're going to start calling it the Smart DVR instead of the Hopper Duo. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Reactions: charlesrshell
I didn't think it would work without locals. I'm setup with 4 tuners on a Plex server DVR. It has a commercial skip feature that will work any time (not just prime time) any channel (not just NBC and ABC, can't really count Fox and CBS because, what is it . . . a week before they will skip) and it does a fairly good job, gets confused once in awhile. Those obnoxiously long drug commercials where they spend most of the commercial telling you how the drug will kill you and 10 seconds about how it might help you, seem to trick it into thinking it's part of the show sometimes. My AirTV tuners will just be for backup. I will probably dump locals next week.

Reactions: pattykay
I too thought the OTA of the Steelers-Panthers game looked better even on my 722, but that could have just been the outcome. :D

I'd say that the picture quality depended greatly on whether you were a Steeler fan or not. I can't imagine that the game looked good at any resolution to a Panther fan. What a slaughter.

I also thought that any ota picture would look better than any compressed satellite signal.

So should we hope for more retrans disputes so Dish finally gets serious about making a usable OTA tuner?
Judging by recent uplink reports, the next big one may be with Tegna. Dish changed the OTA guide mapping for those stations to make them independent streams from the guide data for the satellite-delivered versions. That is usually a sign that Dish is preparing for a dispute. If I am right, this would impact my market, since WKYC (NBC) is one of the stations on that list.
Well, I really hate to say I told you so... :( :crying2 :sorrysign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)