Any Reviews on Pansat TC-1000 HD yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
I've noticed this new model release that has caught my attention, it appears quite appealing and would like to know if anybody has purchased one yet and what you have to say about it. It's currently priced under $200 and is designed for use with the Pansat DVB-S2 Plus module. I noticed that it mentions a optional S3 tuner, what is this new S3 tuner? Is it referring to the 4:2:2 signals?

Pansat TC-1000 HD (PVR) FTA REPLACES 9200 250 3500 150

Features

•ATSC High Definition(Single MP@HL,MPEG-1,MPEG-2
•External SATA PVR(Format function ,Recording,Playback,Timer Recording)
•USB 1.1 Host Interface(Front ) - Firmware Update
•High Definition Video Output :HDMI and Component(Y,Pb,Pr)
•Audio decoding :MPEG-1,MPEG-2,MUSICAM,Dolby AC-3
•54 ~ 866(VHF low ,VHF high, UHF band) MHz input Frequency(IF Loop throughout)
•Variable Input Symbol Rate (1 ~ 45Msps)
•User selectable output resolution
•Video output resolution :480p,720p,1080i
•Support EPG
•1000 Channels TV & Radio program
•Timer setting supports automatic Turn-ON and OFF daily
•Fast Channel change
•Multi language OSD
•Powerful Channel Editing Function(Favorite,Move,Find,Sort,Delete,Skip,Lock,Edit,Create)
•Digital S/PDIF (Digital Audio or Dolby AC3 stream out)
•Automatic PAL/NTSC Conversion
•5 Favorite List & Unlimited Programs per each
•PIG (Picture In Graphic)
•Channel Editing Function : Sorting(Alphabetic,Parental Lock),Move,Delete,Favorite Edit,Parental Lock,
Channel rename,Channel Skip
•Software Upgrade via USB
•RTC (Real Time Clock)
•UHF Ready (U-50 kit Optional)
•DVB-S3 Ready(S3 Tuner Kit optional)

ATSC Tuner
•1RF Input Connector : F-type,IEC169-24
•1RF output(loop through) : F-type,Zero power Loop-through output
•Frequency Range : NTSC all band,54MHz to 866MHz
•ATSC A/53 compliant 8/16 VSB and MMDS 2/4/8/16 VSB
•ITU-T J.83 Annex B,C compliant 64/25QAM
•Integrated de-interleaver RAM for all Modes
•Relative Low power consumption

MPEG transport Stream A/V Decoding
•Demultiplex : MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818-1(MPEG-2 system)
•Input stream : Max. 90Mbit/s
•Aspect Ratio : 4:3(default), 16:9 letterbox
•Video Decoding : ISO/IEC 13818-2(MPEG2 vidoe) MP@HL
•Audio Decoding : ISO/IEC13818-3(MPEG2 audio/MUSICAM) ,Dolby AC-3
•Video Ouput : HDMI,Component(YPbPr),CVBS
•Audio Mode : Single Channel /Dual Channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo
•Audio Sampling Frequency : 16/22,05/24/32/41,1/48 KHz

Microprocessor & Memories
•Main Processor : ARM926
•CPU Clock : 280MIPS
•Flash Memory : 4 Mbyte
•DDR SDRAM : 64 Mbyte
•EEPROM : 64 Kbit

A/V output
•Component Jack : Y, Pb ,Pr
•Video RCA : 1 output
•Audio RCA : 2 output(Reft,Right)
•Digital Audio : 1 optical output S/PDIF

Front Panel
•Display : 4Digits LED
•8 keys : Power,Channel Down/Up, Volume up/down,Menu,Exit,OK
•USB : USB2.0 1 Host

Data port
•Connector : 9 Pin D-Sub Type
•Protocol : RS232 Asynchronous
•Data Rate : Max. 19.2Kbps

Rear Panel
•Tuner : 1 input with loop through 1 Loopthrough output
•UHF : Stereo Jack
•6RCA : Video, Audio L, Audio R, YPbPr
•HDMI : Type A
•S/PDIF : Optical
•eSATA : External HDD module
•Data Port : RS 232
•Power Switch : Rocker Type
•Power cord : Fixed type on the body

Remote Control
•Type : IR RCU
•Battery : 2x1.5V AAA Type

Power Supply
•Input Voltage : AC 90-250V, 50/60Hz
•Power Consumption : Max. 30 Watts
•Type : SMPS(Switching mode power supply)

Physical Specification
•Dimension (WxDxH) : 280x210x60
•Weight : 1.8Kg
•Accessaries : RCU,Battery,User manual

Attachments

• Pansat TC-1000 HD.jpg
    Pansat TC-1000 HD.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 279
That is an OTA receiver only. It is not a satellite receiver. Notice that it does not mention MPEG4 and it does not mention IF inputs. The Panerex site says nothing about it being a replacement for anything. I don't know where you got that this was a replacement for anything. That is simply not the case. Have a great day!

From the Products Page...

• Terrestrial & Cable Digital HD Receiver
  • Upgradable to DVB-S3 Satellite Receiver
  • EPG & External PVR(e-SATA) Function
  • HDMI & Component Out
  • UHF Ready (U-50 Kit Optional)
Maybe you can add the DVB-S2 tuner for a 9200 to make it "Upgradable to DVB-S3 Satellite Receiver" (I'm sure "DVB-S3" is a typo)

Pansat TC-1000 HD (PVR) FTA REPLACES 9200 250 3500 150
I did not see that on the pansatusa site.

That is an OTA receiver only. It is not a satellite receiver. Notice that it does not mention MPEG4 and it does not mention IF inputs. The Panerex site says nothing about it being a replacement for anything. I don't know where you got that this was a replacement for anything. That is simply not the case. Have a great day!

Stone, I noticed this too and almost mentioned it in my post but didn't cuz I wanted to hear how other's interpreted it. There is a seller on eBay who has posted the notes about replacing the former models, a google search will reveal this,,, quite deceptive I would say. Who can you trust these days? Certainly not the scammers so this is why we are all here. Thanks for your input.

From the Products Page...

• Terrestrial & Cable Digital HD Receiver
  • Upgradable to DVB-S3 Satellite Receiver
  • EPG & External PVR(e-SATA) Function
  • HDMI & Component Out
  • UHF Ready (U-50 Kit Optional)
Maybe you can add the DVB-S2 tuner for a 9200 to make it "Upgradable to DVB-S3 Satellite Receiver" (I'm sure "DVB-S3" is a typo)

I did not see that on the pansatusa site.

Lak7, here we have the conflicting information issue again with stb specifications from the manufacturer and retailer. I get so confused when reading these things. I can only imagine that the retailer fabricated this info just to sell the product to unsuspecting consumers. It pays off to research and ask questions no doubt. Thanks to you also for your reply.

There isn't very much information available for this unit yet and even the Pansat website only offers the user manual that doesn't even mention the add-on installation of the DVB-S2 Plus tuner module although the illustrated picture of the rear panel show the provision for one. Pansat's details state that it is DVB-S2 (S3 they say) ready. The manual states the details as being DVB-S2 ready. So in my thinking, this unit might also be used as a satellite receiver with the add-on tuner module, whether it be a HD satellite receiver is yet to be learned. Hopefully Pansat will eventually offer more detailed information regarding the DVB-S2 Plus upgrade.

I have included illustrations of the front and rear panels and you can clearly see that it does have the provisioned slots for the S2 board.

Attachments

• Pansat T1000 views.JPG
    Pansat T1000 views.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 397
One of the downers for the 9200HD is its rather deaf DVB-S reception. Adding the DVB-S2+ board provides very good sensitivity with S2, and it appears the S2 tuner is used for both S and S2 blindscan when in S2 blindscan mode. However it also appears the crummy S tuner is always used for S reception. Following this line of speculation and conjecture, the TC-1000 might solve the DVB-S problem of the 9200HD by using a DVB-S2 add-on board for both forms of modulation and at a more attractive price.

One of the downers for the 9200HD is its rather deaf DVB-S reception.
I have to respectfully disagree here. My 9200 has a very good, sensitive DVB-S tuner. HD feeds will lock & play down to around 25% and I've had SD signals work at 10% all the way up to 99%.
And the blind-scan doesn't miss a thing. :)

I have to respectfully disagree here. My 9200 has a very good, sensitive DVB-S tuner. HD feeds will lock & play down to around 25% and I've had SD signals work at 10% all the way up to 99%.
And the blind-scan doesn't miss a thing. :)

In spite of all the 9200HD glitches, I too get good performance from it when it's working right, I get a bleedover from the 101W to the 103W and pick up the "GLC" channel at 10% and no hiccups, it locks solid.

Based on all the bad feedback I've read, high price (with S2 board), and the modest to poor support for the 9200, it would take a lot for me to pay any attention to a product from the company.

Of course, if they now walk on water, I'm all ears! - :D

I know the 9200 has its defenders, but then so does the Diamond HD... :rolleyes:
... and I wouldn't take either on a bet.

In spite of all the 9200HD glitches, I too get good performance from it when it's working right, I get a bleedover from the 101W to the 103W and pick up the "GLC" channel at 10% and no hiccups, it locks solid.

Ditto. It has been my experiance over the years that most people that have trouble with any receiver have had other issues that magnified their problems. I used to run a SW-21 switch for example. The switch was used to flip between my main C/Ku dish, and a stationary dish aimed to the east that the moveable dish could not see. Int.805. I had frequent problems at times. I never suspected that I had other problems. That said, after removing the dish and the switch, I now have no problems to really complain about. Sure the receiver locks up now and then, (they all do,) but not like before by any means. Have a great day! :)

In regards to this topic, I myself can't afford to buy every new HD model stb that hits the market so I have no choice but to make the best of it by trying every tip and trick I read about and one thing that does make a huge impact on performance is to edit the satellite list by deleting everything you don't use or need.

Just yesterday I finally weeded through the list using the 9200HD Editor to clean it up, I did have some glitches after downloading the edited channel data file but that might have been my error as well. I noticed that the channels were not in the same order as they were when I uploaded the data to the Flash drive, I still had to manually edit the list within the system Menu but since much of the data had been deleted it navigated the list much more easily and FASTER. One thing I learned is to NOT use the "channel up or down" buttons when moving channels, it does wierd things and screws up the list.

It's been a "trial and error" experience but I'm learning how to better use the 9200. Once I had things sorted out the way I wanted, I then backed up the channel data to the flash drive and saved it on my PC in 2 seperate folders making multiple copies just in case.

Another thing, I found that changing channels rapidly will cause problems so do it slowly and you'll have smoother performance. :)

I'm quite fond of my Pansat 9200HD and for the most part it works very well. As long as it is fed an acceptable signal level, the performance on DVB-S is good but not remarkable. Even Pansat has admitted this. For DVB-S2 on the new plus board, that performance is excellent.

With the advent of new demod chips, I have had the opportunity to compare the 9200HD DVB-S performance against tuners using the CX24116 (previous generation) and the STV0903 (current generation) demods. I used a splitter to give the tuners being compared an equal chance, and I also switched the ports to ensure the test was fair. For moderate and above CNR signals, all tuners perform about the same. For very weak signals, the 9200HD loses lock first, followed soon by the CX24116 demod. The STV0903 can hold a good lock well below the CNR of either other.

I don't know this for a fact, but Pansat's DVB-S2 Plus add-on board is alleged to employ a STV0903 demod chip. If so, this certainly explains its excellent DVB-S2 performance, which compares nearly identically to my known STV0903-based tuners. The STV0903 can of course demodulate both DVB-S and DVB-S2. I was a little disappointed that Pansat appears to have elected to only use the plus board for DVB-S2 in the 9200HD. It was probably an easier firmware change, although I would not be surprised if this had a marketing twist to it. I do find it curious that the TC-1000 will likely use the add-on board for both modulation types.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)