Anyone having problem with Galaxy 3C?

Just a further note. I will be unavailable again until Sunday night, hopefully, someone can step up to help.

Anyhow, check at 45 (both + and -) and check to see (via Lyngsat) whether the transponders you are scanning in are any of the vertical transponders. If not, do 0 and 90 (after deleting channels/transponders) and check again whether you are getting any vertical transponders. If you don't it probably means either the polarity (or skew) is not changing (I would think you should be able to see the polarity changing at the dish, but since I don't have a C band dish and that type of setup, someone else may be able to confirm what you should see when the polarity is changing) or there is something else wrong.

If you do scan in any of the vertical transponders, but not 12084, then try to peak one of the vertical transponders by adding/subtracting a few degrees off the polarity. Once you get the best signal on one of the vertical transponders, re-scan again to see if 12084 comes in. If not, you probably have to adjust the dish east/west or maybe even up/down slightly to get the transponder to come in (again, using one of the transponders you are getting to peak the signal). Good luck! Hopefully, when I return Sunday night you will have got it to come in!
Here are the results with the skew at -45/40, -90/90 and 0:
DSR905 LNB1: -45 Results: 8 Transponders/56 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 45 Results: 9 Transponders/46 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: -90 Results: 12 Transponders/56 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 90 Results: 12 Transponders/66 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 0 Results: 10 Transponders/56 Channels

IMG_20220514_203113.jpg
IMG_20220514_203604.jpg
IMG_20220514_203415.jpg

Just a further note. I will be unavailable again until Sunday night, hopefully, someone can step up to help.

Anyhow, check at 45 (both + and -) and check to see (via Lyngsat) whether the transponders you are scanning in are any of the vertical transponders. If not, do 0 and 90 (after deleting channels/transponders) and check again whether you are getting any vertical transponders. If you don't it probably means either the polarity (or skew) is not changing (I would think you should be able to see the polarity changing at the dish, but since I don't have a C band dish and that type of setup, someone else may be able to confirm what you should see when the polarity is changing) or there is something else wrong.

If you do scan in any of the vertical transponders, but not 12084, then try to peak one of the vertical transponders by adding/subtracting a few degrees off the polarity. Once you get the best signal on one of the vertical transponders, re-scan again to see if 12084 comes in. If not, you probably have to adjust the dish east/west or maybe even up/down slightly to get the transponder to come in (again, using one of the transponders you are getting to peak the signal). Good luck! Hopefully, when I return Sunday night you will have got it to come in!
Another strange development. I decided to change the LNB setting in the DiSEqC CW to LNB2 and got over 80 transponders, is that even possible ? ...LoL
I will try with re-scan on LNB2 at -45/45 and -90/90 and 0 tonight
DSR905 LNB2: 90 Results: 80 Transponders/66 Channels
IMG_20220514_224724.jpg
IMG_20220514_224749.jpg
IMG_20220514_225026.jpg
IMG_20220514_225045.jpg

Here are the results with the skew at -45/40, -90/90 and 0:
DSR905 LNB1: -45 Results: 8 Transponders/56 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 45 Results: 9 Transponders/46 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: -90 Results: 12 Transponders/56 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 90 Results: 12 Transponders/66 Channels
DSR905 LNB1: 0 Results: 10 Transponders/56 Channels

View attachment 156827
Is the above screen from the Drake, or the CW?

If from the Drake you should change the H skew from 50 to 0 and the V to 90 and do a scan (after deleting all transponders/channels) and then give a list of the transponders that come in.

As far as LNB2, I have no idea what is going on there, do you even have an LNB2?

If from the Drake you should change the H skew from 50 to 0 and the V to 90 and do a scan (after deleting all transponders/channels) and then give a list of the transponders that come in.

As far as LNB2, I have no idea what is going on there, do you even have an LNB2?
The screen is from the CW.
I will try to see what is in the Drake's LNB settings.
I guess the two LNBs is one for C-Band and the other for Ku-Band, not sure if that comes into play.

on my old analog Drake receiver (that I use as a dish mover), the password is the same as the numeric part of the model number . I guess that's worth a try
That is my next project if none of this doesn't works out. Take down the BUD and install a 36" Ku-Band motorized dish instead.

The skew screen is from the DSR905 and the others are from the CW.

The skew screen is from the DSR905 and the others are from the CW.
OK, and to clarify, was it this screen in the DSR905 where you were changing the skew (polarity)?
If so, and it is still connected to your system, change the H to 0 and the V to 90 and re-scan. Then post a list of what transponders are scanned in.

OK, and to clarify, was it this screen in the DSR905 where you were changing the skew (polarity)?
If so, and it is still connected to your system, change the H to 0 and the V to 90 and re-scan. Then post a list of what transponders are scanned in.
Great idea, yes that is the skew in the DSR905. I will try to change the H to 0 and the V to 90 and re-scan and get back to you here. Been tided up this week and will try it once I get some time this weekend.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
change the H to 0 and the V to 90 and re-scan. Then post a list of what transponders are scanned in.
Okay had a chance to try your suggestion and the good news news is that I was able to capture transponder 12084H in the skew H:0 V:90 the first time, but it was not repeatable when I Blind Scan it again the second time around. Here are the results:
Drake: Ku Band
DSR950: Skew: H:0 V:90
Results: 66 Channels/14 Transponders <-- 12084H was detected, but no sadly no 12084V

DSR950: Skew: H:0 V:45
Results: 36 Channels/6 Transponders

DSR950: Skew: H:0 V:0
Results: 76 Channels/12 Transponders

DSR950: Skew: H:0 V:-45
Results: 56 Channels/10 Transponders

DSR950: Skew: H:0 V:-90
Results: 36 Channels/6 Transponders

IMG_20220523_164330.jpg

Reactions: Keith Brannen
It still appears that you are only scanning in Horizontal transponders as both H and V (12028, 12058 and 12152) as well as some that are not 97w (at least, not with those numbers). What channels show up if you manually scan 11682, 11701, 11843, 11854, 11971, 12084 (if it shows up again), and 12477? You don't have to give all channels that show up, just two or three for each transponder (if any scan in) so we can determine which are valid for a different transponder, or if there is a system problem.

Polorotor. Wow. Have you looked in the feed throat and verified that the probe is actually turning 90 degrees when you switch to a H & V tp?
Good point. I still use the polarotor setup. I like having the control from the living room to tweak skew. Of course the tradeoff of having to scan H and V individually. I set the C satellites to H, and Ku to V. Run through a 13v/18v switch. Then each output has a voltage block coupler. Then goes through a T to pick up the 18v from the dish mover/skew box to power each LNB.

My servo motors typically only last a few years, so I keep a spare or two on hand. Sometimes when they’re going bad they kinda work but get all jumpy. Check wires too, I always solder and heat shrink. And I’ve had hornet nest limiting the probe movement too. Easiest to have someone change channels inside while you watch the probe.

If the 905 is still hooked up, it will override the skew settings on the main box. At least that’s how it worked when I had mine. I would just unhook it if you haven’t done so already.

If I can get one thing to scan in, I adjust the skew for best quality, then save setting and rescan. Change channel from odd to even (or vice versa) and make sure the quality completely drops out, tweak skew if needed. Then scan till I get something new, and same thing, tweak skew for best quality, save setting and rescan.

I can get some if not all of the CCTV channels on mine on T5 97W.

If the motor seems 'jumpy' the first angle of attack is to spritz a touch of DexIT in the internal feedback potentiometer and make sure the gear train is working smooth. Maybe a small drop of light oil on the motor shaft. Then verify complete H-V probe movement.
It's a 'dumb' mechanism. Voltage controlled LNBF's sure are slick. Of course there is no polarity tweaking available.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)