Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

So it's official. This past week I got just one movie with my 2 movie plan. All movies sent by last Saturday. That's a joke.

yeah, its keeps getting worse for me, i am now at 3-4 movies a month MAX, thats getting them, watching them same day and mailing the next day.

i could do 6-7 movies/month when i first got blockbuster in oct.

i have movies in postions 1-4 that are all avail. 5 days after sending the disc in, it says they received it, then i get movies position #5 because the others have suddenly become short wait, the day after my #5 ships ,1-4 are available now again. so the tranist time is more than double now, and movies keep going to short wait. i had netflix before and is was great, i could do as many as 8 movies in a month without trouble at 1 disc out at a time.

i keep telling myselff it will improve, but................

yeah, its keeps getting worse for me, i am now at 3-4 movies a month MAX, thats getting them, watching them same day and mailing the next day.

i could do 6-7 movies/month when i first got blockbuster in oct.

i have movies in postions 1-4 that are all avail. 5 days after sending the disc in, it says they received it, then i get movies position #5 because the others have suddenly become short wait, the day after my #5 ships ,1-4 are available now again. so the tranist time is more than double now, and movies keep going to short wait. i had netflix before and is was great, i could do as many as 8 movies in a month without trouble at 1 disc out at a time.

i keep telling myselff it will improve, but................

same here

Here is a great example of things.

Blockbuster shipped a movie 5/29, I received 5/31, shipped 6/1. Just got an email that my next movie was shipped, 6/11. Um, it takes 3 days for mail to get anywhere in the US, according to blockbuster they got it 6/7. Where are their new distribution centers, Europe?

I plan to call to ask what is going on and will give it a few more weeks before bailing because I really did enjoy the service when it worked. After that I will weigh keeping just the single movie plan or cancelling completely. If I go one movie and receive 2 a month that is not worth it.

Finally got my movie today...This service has gone into the pooper. Guess I better start watching the channels that come with it to make it worth the cost.

Agreed...I used to be a NetFlix subscriber, but dumped them after they decoupled the streaming service from the DVD service. But one thing you could say about NetFlix; they were always fast on turning around DVDs! I made the jump to DISH's Blockbuster offering thinking that I would eventually get more value with the integrated video streaming. But not only is the DVD service slow as a snail, the video streaming options suck worse than NetFlix ever did. I suppose the extra channels you get with the bundle, are value-add, if I could only quantify my viewing of these channels.

I wish I was getting the turn around you guys are complaining about. I put a disk in the mail last Friday, they received it on Tuesday. Still haven't sent a new one out. So by they time I get it its probably going to be next Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. Almost 2 weeks. At least I watch Epix and WFN to make it worth the money.

I drop Blockbuster back in November when the service turned to sh*t here in the Phoenix area. Switched to Netfix and their service is as fast as Blockbuster used to be. I get an email from them on Monday stating they mailed me a new title that is being released on Tuesday. Receive DVD in the mail on Tuesday, watch it that night then mail it back the next day (Wednesday) and get an email the next day (Thursday) say they received the returned DVD. When I had Blockbuster before Dish purchased them, the service was just as good.

Even with the release delays with some Netflix releases, I still get them faster then I did from Blockbuster at the time when I cancelled the service. Based on the responses in this thread, service still sucks.

I tried to get someone from Dish to explain what their plans are for Blockbuster but none of the Dish monitors responded.

Last edited:
BB by mail can be problematic and very inconsistent. However, I find biting off an email via the BB webite resolves the issue quickly. It's a waste of time calling BB or Dish or your storefront. They always pass off the glitches to software issues. Last week I turned around 4 movies in eight days after I got a reply to my email. Worth a try for those hitting the wall.

Ok, I think I know what's going on for some of us. I have a lot of disc's in my queue, and they were getting dispatched to me frequently, (2-3x a week) and without any sort of real "hold". That is until last week, when it all came to a crashing stop for me. That meant that even if the disc at the top of my queue had some sort of "wait" on it, they would just jump to the next available disc in the queue and send it right out immediately.

No more, NOW they have changed to waiting until the top disc is in "Now" available status before they ship that exact one! I returned one early last week, and they never shipped the next one because it was in "short-wait" status. Last night I looked in my queue, and rearranged it so the top disc was an "available" one. I just got notice that that one was shipped out.

So, see if that theory fits for any of you. If so, change your disc queue to put an available disc at the top, and see if it gets shipped promptly now.

I have not noticed a slowdown----b ut for all I know that is unique to my area.

So, see if that theory fits for any of you.

Fits my case. As soon as I returned my last disk, all disks in my queue went to "short wait" and BB never sent me anything for two weeks. I finally found another available now and added that... Nothing. So I put it at the top of my queue and BAM it shipped today.

I am a bit surprised that the DVD I returned to blockbuster as not been logged in on my que yet, usually that is done not to long after I return my movie

I did an exchange, and viewed and returned the store DVD, and neither transaction showed up on the BB website until I reported the mailed DVD already returned. Now the mailed one shows up, but the store DVD is still nowhere to be seen.

Looks like I will be calling our local blockbuster to let them know I returned the movie, so the que can be cleared

I did an exchange, and viewed and returned the store DVD, and neither transaction showed up on the BB website until I reported the mailed DVD already returned. Now the mailed one shows up, but the store DVD is still nowhere to be seen.
Almost the same thing with me. I traded in my disc last Friday, and then returned the store disc on Saturday. I didn't receive any emails regarding either transaction, so yesterday I clicked the "report a problem" button for the mail-in disc. There is an option that let's you tell them that you returned a disc to a store, but didn't get an email confirmation. The top of my queue changed from the disc being at my home to getting ready to process the next disc. After that I went for a walk and ended up at my local BBV and confirmed with them that I did return everything and I didn't have anything out. Finally I received an email this morning that said that BB mailed out the next disc in my queue. I still haven't received any emails about the previous two transactions from last week. There has to be a huge disconnect somewhere in BB's computer network/inventory system. I don't think the problem is at the store level. So knock on wood, but it looks like I'm still on a two disc per week schedule.

Last edited:
I called Blockbuster today as I returned a DVD on sunday so I can get my next one shipped out. It was a in house DVD so they have to log it in so my next disk gets mailed out. On my que they have it as not returned yet. The Blockbuster store has it returned? I guess my question is who can I also contact, would this be a DIRT question as I cant get my next disk mailed since its not recorded that the disk has been returned back to blockbuster when it has.

satjay said:
I called Blockbuster today as I returned a DVD on sunday so I can get my next one shipped out. It was a in house DVD so they have to log it in so my next disk gets mailed out. On my que they have it as not returned yet. The Blockbuster store has it returned? I guess my question is who can I also contact, would this be a DIRT question as I cant get my next disk mailed since its not recorded that the disk has been returned back to blockbuster when it has.

Update I spoke to blockbuster@home, they updated que, all should be well

The Blockbuster where I exchange my discs claims the in-store exchange data isn't updated because the servers are moving from Texas to Colorado. Two different employees have given this reasoning on two different days (two disc plan).

They suggested I not worry until after Wednesday.

The Blockbuster where I exchange my discs claims the in-store exchange data isn't updated because the servers are moving from Texas to Colorado. Two different employees have given this reasoning on two different days (two disc plan).

They suggested I not worry until after Wednesday.

Humm....I was told the same thing from my local blockbuster today, maybe that is the case and I have the one disk plan

I am tired of having to email them to get them to send my next movie. my last movie was received by BB 3 business days ago. monday it says we will ship your next movie in 1-2 business days and now it says you have no items at home. i have my settings set to queue order,willing to wait 1 extra day. looks like i will have to email them again. I have had to email them for the last few movies to get sent out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)