Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

That's the exact response I get. My disc almost always shows up on Thursday when they project Friday. KC is 3 1/2 hour drive from me.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well I didn't get my disc on Thursday, and I'll probably get it today. Kind of supports my position that the Lansing facility doesn't actually ship until late the the day after they say it shipped out.

Just got off the phone with BB@H CSR. Explain the problem and ask why the movie I have that available has not been sent out. He I should have at least 10 Available disc in my queue. I said I would love to but everything I pick is always "Medium Demand" or "High Demand". You can't find 10 Available disc. I have 13 in my queue and the one has been available since I put it in there, and it's a 2008 movie...all my other picks are either 2011, or 2012, except for "Gangster Squad". So then he put me on hold and when he came back, he said the available disc should be processed today.
We'll see...
Ghpr13

I on the other hand am looking at 1 title arriving in a 10+ day period a week late.I don't have the "why can't the same new titles everyone else is renting be made available to me." as all of mine are available, and I don't only rent new releases.

Seems to me the majority of your problems can be solved by getting new releases elsewhere.Or adding titles that actually are AVAILABLE.Again, there is nothing wrong with only watching new releases.After all old movies are the devil etc.However, if it is stopping you from receving anything shouldn't that clue you in?

I ordered an obscure documentary and it was shipped one day after I ordered it. I find movies hard to find on that site. I am mainly interested in classic movies and there is no way to find those. They are lumped in with all of the newer movies.

How can Dish make a profit on this service? They have to mail out dvds at no cost to us and also supply all those premium HD channels?

It has become a joke. I have 28 movies in my queue and only 2 are "now". Of course you don't know the status until you add it to your queue, so it is a hope that it will be available. What is even worse, they show movies on the home page that say get it. You add to your queue and then it says "unknown" availability. If you don't have ANY disks of a title take it off your website.

It has become a joke. I have 28 movies in my queue and only 2 are "now". Of course you don't know the status until you add it to your queue, so it is a hope that it will be available. What is even worse, they show movies on the home page that say get it. You add to your queue and then it says "unknown" availability. If you don't have ANY disks of a title take it off your website.

This has been one of my biggest beef with BB@H.
Ghpr13

My disk was received by BB on Monday.....they said so.....I have 20 in the Q, 2 are "now" and they say they're processing my next shipment, they have been processing my shipment for 3 days and counting when 2 disk are available now.......and apparently they have not been shipped.
On the other hand a movie could show up tomorrow and I could get a e-mail tonight that it was just shipped.....Inconsistency is the issue, BB is inconsistently inconsistent. :coffee

I have old and newer items in my queue. I mail them a disk on Mondays, they acknowledge its return on Tuesdays, and I get a new rental on Fridays. It's been that way for me for several months, only varying when I forget to watch a disk and don't return it on Mondays. I have 22 movies in my queue--6 listed as very high demand, 1 high, and 3 medium. I frequently find older movies I haven't seen, so I may have more luck with getting movies without much demand. I just received Prometheus today. I don't know if others would still think that was a popular movie or not. Obviously, I'm not in a big rush for most of these. When I was a child, we had to wait over a year to see movies in our local theater. The manager/owner decided that he would order movies that way to keep the price down for his customers. I'm just used to waiting, I guess. :D

BB@H received my disc back on 4/15/13. I just got my next disc today. 17 business days, which is about 1 disc a month. Not acceptable in my book.
Ghpr13

Did my exchange at my local BB tonight, which was very busy. Happy I still have one open as my que like many others have long waits

I've had dvds say they processing to be sent out for over a week now.Only problem I have already received and mailed them back last week.Yet they are still under at home.Cancelled my account because 1 dvd in 10 days is unacceptable.Just don't want to be charged for lost dvds when it's not my fault.

Every time I get on the phone they are busy trying to get me to stay on, rather than addressing this problem.All they do is say they'll make a note (been calling about it since before Friday) and forward it.They then spend the rest of the call trying to get me to stay on inspite of all the problems I am having in delays in shipment to and from me.

FWIW, I'm suddenly getting slow service (as opposed to NO service) again. May even get 2 or 3 DVDs this month! Perhaps they rolled all the unsold stock from closed BBV stores into their mail service...

I usually keep newly released titles in my queue. Everything in my queue states high or very high demand. Been processing next shipment for a month. Not acceptable. They need to stock more inventory of new titles.

10 days and counting with out a DVD being shipped. I have available DVDs in the Q. It seems something in the distribution center in my area has changed or ended.......terrible service with no communication. I have been e-mailing BB/Dish with no response. :coffee

I did an online chat to complain. "I apologize I have only limited access. Please call (866) 692-2789 for the Blockbuster @ Home Department." Huh? I called the number, but I didn't hear an @Home dept. Looks like the service is going down the toilet and Dish doesn't care. They did give me a free PPV code.

It took two weeks to receive my latest movie. Yesterday afternoon, I mailed it back. This morning, at 6:39 I received an email saying my next movie (a high demand one) has been shipped.

This is the kind of response I used to get until the previous 2 or 3 rentals. We'll see if it can continue...

It took two weeks to receive my latest movie. Yesterday afternoon, I mailed it back. This morning, at 6:39 I received an email saying my next movie (a high demand one) has been shipped.

This is the kind of response I used to get until the previous 2 or 3 rentals. We'll see if it can continue...

Best of luck to you!
Ghpr13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)