Anything is possible but in all fairness...

Say they do leave us the receivers. I wonder how things will have to be reconfigured for the OTA to work on more than one television. If Voom goes dark I wonder if I could just leave things as is, including leaving the dish itself up, and just use my STBs for OTA channels. I have 3 receivers and my OTA works great on all 3 right now.

I guess what I'm wondering is if I could just unhook the 2 cables leading from the dish to the multi-switch and still receive OTA on all 3.

That would certainly be better than nothing.

Even the VOOM LLC website has the shutdown message. If there is a big plan, as many of the posters here have said, somebody needs to spill the beans.

ChrisDuncan said:
Say they do leave us the receivers. I wonder how things will have to be reconfigured for the OTA to work on more than one television. If Voom goes dark I wonder if I could just leave things as is, including leaving the dish itself up, and just use my STBs for OTA channels. I have 3 receivers and my OTA works great on all 3 right now.

There's no need for any kind of reconfiguration.

we have been instructed that we are in a hold pattern. HOWEVER, we are not through. VOom as you know it, is changing. No retailers have been terminated.

It's official it's all over...was great while it lasted

Just tried to place an order with csr out of texas and was informed that they were no longer accepting orders for set-up or installation, all services will be shutdown by April 30th. It was great while it lasted... I also talked to sales support and they informed me that the dealers and installers would be paid for all installs that occured before today... thank god

I have 2 dishes. 1 Voom, 1 D*. On May 1, if Voom is still on, I will keep watching. If it is off, I will call D*.

Mark Kays said:
Installers are here as I type.

amazing. Well, they just installed me two days ago, actually, but that was before the announcement.

as a installer for installs inc /voom i just got notice that all jobs listed in the dolli system from voom for future installs have been pulled! Its looks like the end now

Voom4Me said:
I wonder if it’s too late to upgrade to the VaVaVoom package and ride it out to the end? I hate to see voom go and would want to get in as much Voomin as possible before April 30. :(

I upgraded 45 minutes ago. I didn't mention anything, just said there were some channels added last month that I wanted and wanted to upgrade.

I woud say call now, because you don't know if you would still be able later.

IMHO, only a miracle (e.g. a surprise offer from E*) can save VOOM at this point.
Of course we've seen several miracles already since the first VOOM death announcement. But this time, I am very skeptical...

I'm now VaVaVoomin'

bryan27 said:
I upgraded 45 minutes ago. I didn't mention anything, just said there were some channels added last month that I wanted and wanted to upgrade.

I woud say call now, because you don't know if you would still be able later.
Thanks bryan27, I did the same earlier and now I VaVaVoomin’ at least until the end of the month… :eek:

Voom4Me said:
Thanks bryan27, I did the same earlier and now I VaVaVoomin’ at least until the end of the month… :eek:

At least I can watch Wealth TV for a couple weeks as that was the only new addition I wanted. Rumor has it they now won't allow programming upgrades.

Damn I could use some extra receivers too, if the OTA continues to work they would make nice presents.

CSR I spoke with just a bit ago implyed they will want boxes back, supposedly will leave Ant and dish unless customer asks that they also be removed. This was a CSR tho so maqy not have all the info of whats planned but that was the current standing I was told

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)