AppleTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've never read the books. Any thoughts here about reading before watching the show?

I did read The Expanse series before watching and enjoyed both.
I've never read the books either. I'm going to keep it that way. If I can't compare the show to the books I can enjoy the show for what it is, or isn't.... :)

Reactions: klang
I read the books a long time ago. I am actually listening to the audiobooks now on my commute to re-familiarize myself with the story. From what I've seen of the trailers I expect large deviations from the original material, so I probably not worth reading the books unless you just want to experience the classic Sci-Fi novels on their own.

Reactions: Zookster
I read the books a long time ago. I am actually listening to the audiobooks now on my commute to re-familiarize myself with the story. From what I've seen of the trailers I expect large deviations from the original material, so I probably not worth reading the books unless you just want to experience the classic Sci-Fi novels on their own.

My thinking is reading The Expanse beforehand made watching the show easier. I've seen many complain The Expanse was hard to follow. Don't know how complicated the Foundation story is. I did download the first to my Kindle. Have to see if I can fit it in over the summer.

My thinking is reading The Expanse beforehand made watching the show easier. I've seen many complain The Expanse was hard to follow. Don't know how complicated the Foundation story is. I did download the first to my Kindle. Have to see if I can fit it in over the summer.
I don't feel like I have trouble following the Expanse without reading the books, but I often wondered how people followed GoT without reading the books, so there might be tons I am blissfully missing. The Foundation is different in a lot of ways. There are large jumps in time, and there are very few characters that make it from one part to the next as a result. I enjoyed reading it, so I don't think there is any downside.

The AppleTV+ App is also available on several SmartTVs and streaming boxes.

I finally got the new remote for my ATV4K (half price at BB due to rewards), and it is definitely miles better than the previous one or any of the IR remotes I've tried. I had actually purchased a 2021 ATV4K when it was on sale for Prime Day, but I decided not to open it until I tried the new remote with my old ATV. While the new remote is a huge improvement, I don't think it is enough to convince me to get ATVs for all my TVs. If I hadn't already gone with the NVIDIA Shield, it would be a no-brainer, but the Shield is good enough to make the upgrade (in my mind) to the ATV worth the expense. The both have small annoyances that I can/could live with. I'll be returning the new ATV4K, but it would be my choice if I was looking for a streaming device platform and wanted a high-end experience.

Foundation is coming to the AppleTV+ service which is available on the AppleTV app.
I just read a tad more about that.
“Apple asked me if I could pitch it in one sentence,” Goyer told The Hollywood Reporter in a deep-dive career retrospective interview covering his past hits and future projects. “They sort of asked it laughingly.

I said: ‘It’s a 1,000-year chess game between Hari Seldon and the Empire, and all the characters in between are the pawns, but some of the pawns over the course of this saga end up becoming kings and queens.'”

Reactions: ncted
I am pleasantly surprised how well AppleTV+ is doing. More hits than misses so far, which is more than I can say for other streaming services.

Reactions: Bobby and KAB
I am pleasantly surprised how well AppleTV+ is doing. More hits than misses so far, which is more than I can say for other streaming services.
It's a far, far better value than Paramount+ or Peacock.

It's a far, far better value than Paramount+ or Peacock.
Paramount+ has more content and I find well worth it, Apple TV has less content but better made, so also worth it.

Both services you can save money on. Paramount has the 50% off for a year sale every 6 months or so, Apple TV you can pay for with itunes gift cards which go on sale a few times a year.

That is how I pay for these ( and a lot more services), I pay for the gift cards with my bonus points from my Amazon and Capital One cards

Peacock is a waste of money, but Comcast is pulling all new Universal movies from HBO starting next year to be on Peacock, trying to get more subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts