Are 4DTV Receivers still in Demand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The signal and the DC light came back after setting for a few days. Now I realize the digital receiver ID number changed when a master reset was done making the unit pretty much useless.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I did both the soft and hard resets and it still doesn't recognize the channel banners even though the DC light and signal meter with quality in the 90's has reappeared. It's not working because the receiver ID number changed during the master reset and now it's not fixable for digital reception.

Thanks

Yes, I did both the soft and hard resets and it still doesn't recognize the channel banners even though the DC light and signal meter with quality in the 90's has reappeared. It's not working because the receiver ID number changed during the master reset and now it's not fixable for digital reception.

Thanks
Something went wrong with the battery change then, resulting in loss of voltage to the XC chip. Master re-set should not have changed the unit ID.

Something went wrong with the battery change then, resulting in loss of voltage to the XC chip. Master re-set should not have changed the unit ID.

This is very true and is another reason that people should be careful if they are not experienced in doing this as it will ruin the receiver if not done properly.
A Master Reset does not have anything to do with losing the unit id number.
Even though it may have appeared to have worked properly after changing out the battery initially, if the soldering was not done just right then when the board heated up it could have caused the solder joint to break and then the battery power to the XC chip was lost which caused the problem.

The receiver is still good for a dish mover and will receive a DC2 signal that is in ZK mode so it is not totally worthless.

Some people just dont know what they are buying on ebay.. Expensive out dated door stops with remote controls.

Sent from my New IPAD using Tapatalk HD

Some people just dont know what they are buying on ebay.. Expensive out dated door stops with remote controls.

Yes they are "out dated doorstops" due to their value as a DCII/HITS receiver. I suppose you could still you a heavy receiver like that as a door stop but that would not make any sense. I have a chunk of railroad rail for a doorstop and I use Dish/Direct receivers as paperweights on my desks. ;)

Sent from my New IPAD using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, i don't get it! Something is fishy! Maybe it's hacked?n Or there is more than an ounce of gold on the PCB to recycle?:D

What is all this hating on the DSR-922 receiver about? They make great dish movers and as a bonus, they are able to receive the DCII master signals when/if they go ITC. There is even a subscription service that is still available. I am guessing that this is where most of the hating is coming from, but that is just my opinion.

Some people even keep circular LNBFs around for when the DSS signals go ITC. I dont see people hating on the circular LNBFs even though their main function appears to be for nefarious purposes in the US.

This site is mostly about FTA, the DSR-922s receive the FTA signals also, stop the hating and just get along.

To keep this post mostly on topic, ebay currently shows ten DSR-922 receivers that have sold recently. Out of these ten, six sold for $300 to $399, three sold for $150 to $299, and one sold for $405.

Status
Please reply by conversation.