Are you getting a signal from 321, 593 & 594 (post here)?

Ok I am a little confuse and maybe someone can help I am seeing OTA here in GA, 2 channels 11-1 showing the opening ceremony , 11-2 showing HD 2002 ice skating.

Yeah, I am really confused...why the hell are the folks with HD seeing reruns of 2 year old skating, and everyone with LOW DEF tv gets to see what they actually came for??
And, is there only ONE STUPID comercial available from Sony in HD??

Geez, this is no way to start the Olympics...

NBC, are you total idiots????

After 7 pm, the three channels still show:
"subscribe and receive this channel immediately by call 1 800 GET VOOM".
I called voom, a csr checked and said: "Sorry, your area is not covered."
I am at 15 miles south of downtown Houston.

calikarim said:
I live in Santa MOnica , California, and the local NBC station is owned by NBC, so we are allowed to get coverage of NBC. I am getting the High Def feed as of this moment it is showing replays of the Olympics in Salt Lake City, the Opening Ceremony starts in one hour We are also getting the San Diego NBC standard definition feed on 594. 593 is for the east coast time zone, you get one or the other if you are eligible. Cool thanks vcom. Is sucks for people in non eligible areas, but you can still get it OTA via antennae on local NBC....
Actually, I can't get it OTA via antenna on local NBC. Local NBC only broadcasts one digital signal. It is the high def version, which will be six hour blocks that are 24 hours old. Local NBC broadcasts an analog signal but I can't see it--the VOOM receiver doesn't display analog. So I can't see the main coverage of the Olympics.

Hi:
As much as I like to blame VOOM, this one is not really their fault. It is NBC's and the FCC. There will be no live HD broadcast of any Olympic events or ceremonies on any provider satellite or cable. This is because NBC asked for special permission to not have their digital broadcast match their analog broadcast during the Olympics and the FCC granted the permission. VOOM is providing the NBC feeds because I guess there are many customers whose OTA for NBC still doesn't work. If I couldn't receive my NBC OTA and VOOM wouldn't turn on the satellite NBC feed because I was in an area that was supposed to be able to receive NBC OTA I would make sure VOOM was out ASAP to get my OTA working properly - no matter what it took.
Joseph

wase4711 said:
Yeah, I am really confused...why the hell are the folks with HD seeing reruns of 2 year old skating, and everyone with LOW DEF tv gets to see what they actually came for??
And, is there only ONE STUPID comercial available from Sony in HD??

Geez, this is no way to start the Olympics...

NBC, are you total idiots????
Yes they are idiots and the HD CH starts an hour behind the Live Event. So you are watching HD but its an hour old...or late. NBC should have done the opening live in HD. But this is NBC we are talking about.

vinnyv07 said:
Yes they are idiots and the HD CH starts an hour behind the Live Event. So you are watching HD but its an hour old...or late. NBC should have done the opening live in HD. But this is NBC we are talking about.
None of them are live. It's early morning in Europe...

321 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

593 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

594 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

Atlanta, Georgia

NBC OTA feed is NOT HD

Nothing in Salt Lake City, UT. I can't believe this. I didn't know it would only be available in a few select cities. And I was going to keep VOOM at least until the Olympics were over too. So much for that.

slffl said:
Nothing in Salt Lake City, UT. I can't believe this. I didn't know it would only be available in a few select cities. And I was going to keep VOOM at least until the Olympics were over too. So much for that.
Oh woe is poor Sniffle. :river No pity for those who don't bother to read this Forum, both the e-mail and snail mail from VOOM regarding NBC's Olympic coverage, and finally VOOM's website, "*Availability of NBC and NBC HDTV varies based on customer location." http://www.voom.com/lp/olympics.jsp

What more do you need? !sadroll

slffl said:

Not Voom's fault talk to NBC they are setting the guidelines for this.. and they screwed the pooch if you ask me.

No NBC HD in Lancaster, PA

I too get the idiot message on 321, 593, 594, to call VOOM to order this channel. My local NBC OTA, has no sound!!! At 2100 local here near LAncaster, PA, the local turned on the sound and showed the opening ceremonies with the 1 hr delay. As soon as the ceremonies were over, the sound went off again.

How do I activate VOOM HD for the Olympics??

Nothing in Detroit. And NBC's digital OTA station is broadcasting the HD delayed feed. Which means no live Olymics or regular NBC programming for me.

I live in Brunswick, Ohio... a southwest burb of Cleveland

321 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

593 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

594 UPGRADE Subscribe and receive this channel immediately by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)